All reviewsbuddha barprivate beachkids clubamazing resortbeach bar and restaurantthe beach is greatspg pointsmykonos townfour seasonsbedroom villavisit santamain buildingshuttle serviceroom ratewonderful staysea viewhigh season
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Wow, what a great way to start our holiday. Superb room with a view over the facility and ocean. Staff were very friendly and helpful. A great spot within walking distance of Ornos Beach and other restaurants.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed here for 4 nights - could have stayed longer for sure - everything was fabulous - room/service/amenities/spa/food - zero complaints - Buddha Bar was great food was delicious - I think we came at a perfect time - not sure I could or would want to fight the crowds in July and August - next year we will go mid September as I think the weather will be better - was getting chilly

Highly recommend this resort

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donnatodd4
Reviewed 3 October 2017

The view from the restaurant is impressive with a nice decor, great views of the beach and all the super yatchs anchored along the sea front.
I had fish which was superbly cooked with a nice spicey sauce and simple potates in a large dish, really tasty food.
Great place for a romantic dinner.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights and was quite satisfied with my stay. I trust Starwood and the Luxury Collection brand, and this property lived up to most of my expectations. It had a luxurious feel and the attention to the design and decor is appreciated.

Positives

Location
I enjoyed the location. Beautiful private beach (actually private, no vendors). We explored a couple of beach clubs but preferred the privacy and water of the resort's beach. Close to Ornos Beach which provides a number of food options if you want to venture out for a casual dinner or lunch. 10 minutes from the airport.

Pool
Beautiful pool. One of my favourite designs with sunken in areas and gorgeous views. Salt water too which is a plus.

Sleep Quality
Great mattress, luxurious pillows and sheets. Bed was an extra large king which was a perk.

Buddha Bar
There is a Buddha Bar restaurant on the property. Food is great and it's worth checking it out for the for music and atmosphere. Happy to have Asian food to switch things up!

Staff
Overall staff were pleasant and attentive, especially the beach ones. Had some communication issues with the front desk regarding wifi, but they solved it in the end which was much appreciated.

Spa and gym
Beautiful spa atmosphere and the gym was adequate.

Improvements

Room Privacy

Our room had paper thin walls and also had an adjoining door. I could hear every single sound morning and night. Probably the least private room experience I have had for a resort and room rate of this caliber. Guests having sex, slamming their door, personal conversations, sound of the coffee maker being turned on etc. Made it hard to sleep or enjoy being in the room. Not sure if it's just the wing I was in. I liked the room itself, spacious, great views but the privacy issue was annoying. We originally wanted to upgrade to a pool villa but they were full, but not sure how the sound is in those as well. A little disappointed because the overall deign and feel of the room and resort is so nice.

Room Service and food
I enjoy room service and sometimes I just don't want to go out. We ordered a pizza and for 25 euros it was a frozen one. Ended up only eating at Buddha Bar or going to town.
Breakfast was good for the most part.

Beach Enjoyment Suggestion

The beach is somewhat divided by a dock with ample seating and swimming on each side. Would be nice if one side was adults only or a Quiet Zone. I have been to a number of luxury hotels that do this and I think it works great for everyone. Many times we had to move because families would come with screaming children and clearly disrupt the enjoyment of other guests. I FULLY respect everyone right to enjoy their time on holiday, but quiet time and relaxing is important to guests too. So two zones would be appreciated by both camps. I know the main pool is adults only, but it's nice to enjoy the beach in peace as well.

I would return to this hotel again and would recommend it to my friends and family. Would just try to request a room that has more privacy perhaps due to the noise issue!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LexEva
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We have just stayed at week at this lovely hotel Santa Marina in Ornos Bay...Overall the hotel is fabulous it is very luxurious and the whole resort is very clean and of an extremely high standard. Our room had the most amazing view of the bay we were up high on the 3rd floor... felt like a work out going to/from the room its very high up not so good if you are less mobile ! But the views were fantastic ! The pool areas and beach are immaculate, the staff we found to be very friendly especially at breakfast and reception area. There are a couple of small points which we found to be slightly disappointing...hotel breakfast is ok.. not the best we've had and not the worse.. hot b/fast was luke warm every day, a nice touch would have been a chef there cooking fresh omelettes/eggs or something like they do in most other hotels? Also hotel could do with another bar, we did use the Colonnial bar for a pre-dinner drink but lacked atmosphere...We ate at the Buddah Bar one evening which was amazing, definitely worth a visit. We visited the concierge a few times to ask her about hire car etc.. she was helpful (Iriana?) but felt that she wasn't forthcoming on info... eg telling us about water taxis from the beach at Ornos, local restaurants etc. You can hire the hotel private boat to take you to other beaches E120 return but you can also pick up a water taxi from the bay for E10 return just depends what you want.. luckily we knew a lot of info as we visited the island last year.. That aside, we had a lovely relaxing stay and would return.

Room Tip: High floors have the best views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coxy5252
Leonidas A, Manager at Santa Marina - A Luxury Collection Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Coxy5252,

We are honored to read your review about our Resort and it is so great to read that you had such a wonderful stay.
We believe that we are providing a unique experience to our guests so when they show their appreciation then we have accomplished our objectives.
Thanks so much again and please do visit us again soon - it will be our pleasure.

Kind regards,