The Ascension Bay Bed and Breakfast(Punta Allen)(Great Value!)
US$ 95
US$ 93
  • Beachfront
Sol Caribe(Punta Allen)(Great Value!)
  • Beachfront
Xo Ki'in(Punta Allen)
Fisherman Lodge(Punta Allen)
Mukan Resort(Punta Allen)
TripAdvisor
Casa Pascale(Punta Allen)
Agoda.com
Posada La Conchita(Punta Allen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsday tripsnapperboat rideperchascension bayyellow dogcaught bonefishside noteplaya del carmenrodfelipejacksbarracudaspincastingassistantschool
Reviewed 5 April 2018

My son, his friend, and I were picked up in Tulum. After a short van shuttle, we boated over to the Lodge, where we were greeted by a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage, pancakes, orange juice, and coffee. After getting our gear ready and applying sun screen, we left in our flats boat with Daurin and his assistant guide.

It was a great day. Daurin has likely forgotten more about fishing this area than most people have ever learned. I figured with three rods in the boat (two spinning, and my fly), we would be taking turns fishing, but Daurin found ways to keep all three of us fishing at most times.

We boated about 10 bonefish (and lost about the same number), and also caught some red snapper, perch, and jack. At one point, we even had barracuda chasing the spinning rods.

I couldn't recommend Daurin more highly. The whole day was great, including just breathtaking scenery. We fished many distinct kinds of water, adding to the adventure of it all.

Five stars!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
FishingAscensionBay, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Pesca Maya Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Scott,

Thank you for fishing with us, it was a pleasure to have you, your son and his friend.

Come back soon.

Pesca Maya

Reviewed 24 March 2018

My wife and I spent the first couple weeks of March near Tulum, and I booked a day trip with Pesca Maya to go after some bones on Ascension Bay. Felipe picked me up (and dropped me off) at our resort, very friendly and prompt. My guides were Isaiah (Issa) and Carlos--both excellent guides and really good guys to boot. We spent the day fishing for bones from the panga, with a bit of wading. I hooked bones steadily through the day, landed half of them, and had a lot of laughs. I can't say enough good things about Issa and Carlos--both of them very helpful and a lot of fun to share a boat with.

I booked the trip through Yellow Dog Flyfishing, who were great to deal with and made everything easy. Excellent service and follow up.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
FishingAscensionBay, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Pesca Maya Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hi,

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your fishing day with Pesca Maya, hope to see you again in a near future,

Reviewed 6 March 2018

Fishing was terrific, guides the best ever, and the catch beyond Thierry's expectations! Guides Wilberthe and Bennie are an expert team, who know how much to help and when to hold back. We talked a lot about the changing peninsula and environment. For a non-fisherwoman (see hammock), this was the best reading vacation of my life. Tranquility, absence of commercial distractions, and secluded beach. Sergio made sure our food and beverage needs were met without ceremony and yet so elegantly. Rooms and palapa were well furnished but not overdone in USA chain hotel style. What a relief to not have a TV to fall back on, and to know that wifi and electricity can sputter out for spells. A delicious, invigorating, and satisfying escape. (Shhh!)

Room Tip: No distractions like TV or pool. Just iguanas, surf, and solitude!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
FishingAscensionBay, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Pesca Maya Fishing Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure to have you and your husband at Pesca Maya.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We did a day trip for spin rod fishing. Our guide was Eli and assistant Juan. Van ride provided from our hotel to Tulum then boat ride to resort (was told road is rough and takes about 2 hours). Boat ride was beautiful. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs & ham with pancakes, OJ & coffee. It was good! Then out to the water. We traveled some distance but ride was good & Eli put us on some great fish. We caught bonefish, snappers, jacks & a permit! Juan was great help and went the extra mile trying to land the fish. We had a blast & the day went too fast! Would love to do it again! (Side note: Talked to the guys that did the fly fishing & they had a great day as well!)

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your day, that is our best motivation.

Come back soon

Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

I chose Pesca Maya for my Wife's 50th Birthday. Wanted something special and we weren't disappointed. Staff are amazing and our Guide Luis had us on Fish everyday. She caught a Giant Barracuda and I landed my biggest Permit yet. Beautiful area surrounding the Lodge. The waters just minutes from The Lodge are full of Fish. If you want a real chance at a Grand Slam look no further!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family