“My Stay at Hotel Loren”

Ranked #1 of 1 Uster B&B and Inns
Golturkbuku, Turkey
“My Stay at Hotel Loren”
Reviewed 4 November 2011

The staff was so lovely and helpful;) You should really try to have my best dish over there, "The Chicken Curry with Basmati Rice"! :) I had a great Stay at Loren.

Very nice rooms, a rich B'Fast buffet and very clean rooms. A small business center free of charge for clients. Free cycles and welcome drink

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank serder a
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We couldn't find a hotel in Zurich but foubd this one just outside, in Uster. The host, Kanchana was extremely friendly and the room was great- actually an apartment on the top floor with everything and more!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary F
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I had to make a very last minute reservation to stay in Zurich, however nothing seemed available for under $300USD/night. Fortunately, I was able to find this hotel, albeit a little far from Zurich, but the train service to Uster is great and the distance via freeway was marginal and generally traffic-free.

Me and my friend spent most of our day on the train coming up from Rome. Pretty much exhausted, we had a painless check-in and were greeted by the most genuinely friendly hotel staff I've ever met. The owner and his assistant spoke great English and treated me and my friend to two welcomes beers each and had some nice conversation with us on the very homely patio. It was nearing 10PM and with most of the stores closed and our cigarettes running low, they each donated us what was left of their packs. I don't even have friends that would do that. We were also given a bunch of tips for things to do and see. Rapperswil being one of them, did not disappoint and it's a quick and scenic drive from Uster.

The hotel itself is pretty new and very clean. Comfy beds, nice TV, but most importantly, fast and free Internet access. The house staff were great and extremely polite. They even neatly put away our shoes--nice touch. Breakfast was good and for being a little homesick, eggs and bacon made a great start for the day. We were also given free bike rentals, which made exploring the down (and avoiding a DUI) a huge plus. Uster's a quiet and safe neighborhood and I was pleasantly surprised with how the locals were.

Finally, the night before we left, the same gentlemen comped us a going away beer and wished us a safe trip. If I find myself back in this part of Switzerland, I'll definitely drop by Uster and say hello, if not stay a night.

Room Tip: The trains can get pretty loud at night, so close your patio doors and leave the bathroom window ope...