“Gorgeous Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Truly fantastic home made food, proper ingredients and delightful tastes. Pizza to die for but the pasta ask rocks. I eat here every time I visit Banyuls and it has never disappointed.
They also have a few children's books and cartoons you can borrow if little ones need entertainment.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 May 2015 via mobile

If you fancy a decent pizza while in Banyuls, La Vieille Cave is a good choice. Great variety, and generously sized! Service was ok, maybe a bit on the slow side. Tried the standard mozzerella salad as a starter, it wasn't the best we've tasted - so based on that I would recommend sticking to the pizza!

Reviewed 9 May 2015 via mobile

We visited La Vieille Cave on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews and were very pleased that we did. We went early and the restaurant filled quickly so I'd recommend booking.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

My wife thoroughly enjoyed her very good Magret de Canard duck, but I was deeply disappointed by the quality of the mussels that did not appear to be fresh. More than half of the mussels had either detached from the shells or the shells had not opened. Those that I did eat did not have a good taste. Further, there was only a very small amount of broth at the bottom of the pot. When I pointed out this shortcoming to the waiter, he removed the charge from the bill.

Reviewed 11 September 2014

Each time we tried to get into this place it was all tables were reserved, just by luck we were passing and spotted a spare table. It was well worth the wait, the meal, service and setting was excellent. On nice nights you sit outside in the street and its great, eating good food, good wine a nice atmosphere and watching the world go by. Loved it.