Iberostar Daiquiri(Cayo Guillermo)
US$ 133
iberostar.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Melia Cayo Guillermo(Cayo Guillermo)
US$ 218
US$ 157
US$ 86
galahotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 112/night.

US$ 126
HotelsClick
Iberostar Mojito(Cayo Coco)
US$ 154
US$ 130
iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Perla Blanca(Cayo Santa Maria)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$ 139
  • Breakfast included
Sol Cayo Coco(Cayo Coco)(Great Value!)
US$ 146
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Golden Tulip Aguas Claras(Cayo Santa Maria)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
galahotels.com
4,269 results
All reviewsmain barfishsnack barpastacubanito bartwo weeksbeach restauranta la cartegreat holidaytoastiesbeautiful beachsand fliessales managerbuffet restaurantchurrosthe thomas cook repentertainment team
Reviewed 21 September 2012

i am 18 and went with my parents. Went from the 6th of september - the 20th. The hotel is honestly great! the only reason i give it four instead of 5 is because of my room. The room itself was very nice but the toilet kept breaking and the shower was broken too. Another issue with the room is that they don't show you were it is, and after a long journey the last thing you want to do is walk around for 20 mins finding your room.
Now on to the good stuff! Entertainment is great, you are met at the door with the band singing which i thought was very nice and welcoming. the day time activities are fun, such as volley ball, spectactular game etc. and the animation team are a lot of fun, but not too annoying if you just want to chill. the evening entertainment is also pretty good, the dancers are amazing! then at night theres a small club which was a laugh even though not many people went. the food was alright, not as good as i expected though and apparently not as good as the food in some other near by hotels. the beach is AMAZING.
the best thing about the hotel is the staff. They work such long hours and yet are always so happy and good! I WANT TO COME BACK AND I'VE ONLY BEEN HOME A DAY!! oooh also they do a cocktail night on your last night where the manager thanks you and you thank him which again i thought was a nice touch and a really fun night!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank nicxgirli
Luis Alberto H, General Manager at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2012

Dear customer,
Thank you for your extensive and helpful comments, the best we have is the staff, but I am convinced that the beach is amazing, the color is spectacular, the sand is perfect.
If you wish to return please contact me, we will be waiting as always, with the heart and with a smile.
Best regards from Cuba.Luis.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

excellent hotel at the end of the key. the beach is desert and you can walk and have all the beach for you. the food is excellent and the quality of the server also excellent. great area for children and a lot of games and activities.

Room Tip: by the swimming pool
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank Rodney R
Luis Alberto H, General Manager at Sol Cayo Guillermo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback Rodney,we will keep working on the same line.
We hope to see you soon at the Sol Cayo Guillermo.
Best regards.
Luis

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and I are just back from a week at the Sol Cayo Guillermo! The hotel has aged but as aged well! The sandy beach is the best anywhere! The rooms are clean and comfortable! Not a sure thing in Cuba, the mattress was excellent and sleep came easily! They say that to stay in such a resort, you do not see the real Cuba! It is true that ideally going outside of the resorts will allow you a glimpse in the daily life of Cubans and their culture and history! But the statement is not accurate! To interract with the hotel staff allows you to experience memorable moments! The staff's friendliness is noteworthy! Thanks to all that have helped us spend a great week, Omar! Ana! Yanelis! Ronaldo! Christopher! Yuri! They showed a side of Cuba that touched our heart!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
13  Thank ValjeanVal

Dea customer, thank you very much for posting your comments on TripAdvisor, the best thing about the hotel is its staff, always friendly, always smiling, the beach is spectacular and is a Hotel for rest and relaxation.
We hope to see you soon at the Sol Cayo Guillermo.
best regards,
Luis.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We went to the Sol Cay from 10th August for 2weeks. I travelled with my husband and 8yr old son, we had a great time and were welcomed by all the staff. The hotel is rather tired decoration wise, but it is a poor country and we knew this. The first room we were given was horrific as the air con leaked and the smell in the room was repulsive, I went to the front desk and we got a new room the staff were efficient and helpful.
We went to the Don Guillermo restaurant on 2 occasions, this is the greatest downfall of the hotel, as the service was poor and the young waiter was rude to me when I told him I was a vegetarian. He refused to see if I could have anything other than the set menu and brought me pasta with meat. I told him I couldnt eat it, he returned a minute later with the same pasta and he said he had taken the meat out! I think this restaurant needs to revamp or close, its not really needed anyway.
The entertainment staff were of the best I have ever come across, hard working and great with the children. The food was fine pasta etc, but you didnt have to queue up for long and the waitresses were lovely I couldnt fault them.
Very few shops in the hotel and as we were in the middle of nowhere you couldnt really go anywhere, except the few trips. The speed boat trip was great, you must try it. The catamaran had broken down so we took a Robinson Cruso trip, a bit boring.
We would certainly go back to Cuba, and to the Sol Cayo. The manager seemed a gentleman, he was everywhere, easily found, when we left he gave us all a bottle of rum and a packed lunch.

The Staff are great and apart from the waiter at the Don Guillermo we had a ball. I would certainly recommend it, sad to be home!

Room Tip: Choose rooms 800, upstairs are nicer rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank hoenstlady

Dear customer,
Thank you very much for your extensive comment, sorry the incident at the restaurant Don Guillermo, I have gone back to the Director of Food and Beverage and analize by the restaurant staff.
I will also go their comments to the Director of Entertainment, this is a very difficult department and is very difficult to satisfy everyone.
To return gladly I will assist you, send me an email please.
Best regards from Cuba.
Luis.

Reviewed 8 September 2012

My first return to this hotel in 10 years and have been many many times before. I had the time of my life. First of all my thanks to my friends on the staff. I simply cannot say how much I love you all. Here goes Carlos (Cubanita) to you and your wonderful family - you made my holiday and cannot wait until Carlos you arrive in UK and come and visit, Nelson and Lawrence. Carlos, Anita, Hector and everyone else behind the pool bar you are all great. Alex my friend (Don Guillermo) you made my birthday so special thank you. Omar and all in the El Eden thank you. What a holiday simply the best. Beach to die for, great room with everything you could possibly want (306). The people are just the best in the world. Friendly, nothing is too much trouble, caring, they make your stay all the more enjoyable. Louis the new manager is doing all he can and take the trouble to ensure all is up to standard with all the limitations the Cuban people have to endure on a daily basis. If anyone has the nerve to moan about the food then go and experience life outside the hotel then you will never moan in your life again! You can always find something to eat even for the most difficult to please. The hotel, pool, bars, beach, rooms are always spotless. The gardeners work their backsides off in the hotest conditions to make everything beautiful. I just love their little presents of grasshoppers, flowers, birds etc. all made from palm leaves - where else in the world would you be given such gifts for free and with love? My only regret this trip was I only went for 2 weeks instead of my previous visits for 1 month my time back in Cuba went far too quickly. If you have never been to Cuba you are missing the best hospitality in the world my advice is simply go and you will return again and again. Louis my hopes are to return to you again next November for my husband's 50th birthday - I know he worked at your hotel for many years but I simply cannot think of another place in the world I want to bring him for a surprise for his birthday as I know the welcome will be just amazing. I will be in touch with you to arrange this my friend. All I can say to you all is the biggest thank you possible. Finally to all my new friends from England Karen and Colin you are the best, Sue, Sarah and Daisy, Everyone from Cardiff Jason, Peter, Julie, Ann, James, Molly & Rebecca you rock! You guys from Canada - Dave, Irene, Annie, Karen, Andy, Katherine you were such fun and hope to see you next year. Well to sum up my return to Cuba it was as Tina Turner would say "simply the best". I send my love to all my friends in Cuba I miss you so much already. XX Lynn

Room Tip: Go for second floor rooms and if possible ask for one of the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo