We have just spent two weeks at Ocean 2 and despite an inauspicious start grew to love the place.
Staff here are really friendly and will try and do everything you ask of them. They can be a little distracted and forget stuff but only minor stuff like the extra coffee you asked for 10 minutes ago but most of the time they are spot on.
We stayed on a B&B basis so had the buffet breakfast almost every day. It's fine, yes the choice is fairly limited but what there is, is more than adequate for a healthy and/or filling start to the day. Staff in the restaurant were probably the most distracted but made up with their friendly smiles and laughter. Coffee is aweful tho so I brought my own mug of instant down from the room on occassion !!!
We had booked a one bed ocean view which has a lounge and kitchenette. Our first (109) was MASSIVE so I was loath to change but the noise from the kitchen, lack of privacy on the terrace (5 metres from pool bar) meant we had to ask for a move. This was done without fuss and prompted a free massage voucher and discount voucher at Azul restaurant nearby. The move to an upper floor sea view (303) was all we asked so the extras were very generous. later in the week we received a bottle of wine and another discount voucher. We have no idea why but again, very kind of the hotel to that.
We loved the beach, the pools and patio, bar, everything. The roof top pool terrace is awesome and usually deserted. There is however, no shade from the sun - no parasols due to the high winds. It's not a big location and on one afternoon had the beach to ourselves. A few rowdy cousins from across the Atlantic spolit happy hour a couple of times (5-6 pm) and one group party'd til 5.30 a.m until I set security on them. That was exceptional thou' - overall the place is pretty quiet.
Lastly, if you do anything here, watch the sunset from the beach or pool patio whilst kicking back with a cold drink. It doesn't get much better than that!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences is a four diamond, beachfront property located at the far end of St.Lawrence Gap with a wide array of amenities and facilities. It is the ideal location for romantic retreats, family holidays, girlfriend getaway, family reunions/group travel as well as meetings and incentive groups! With its spacious accommodations including Hotel Rooms, One Bedroom & Two Bedroom Suites with genuine, Bajan hospitality, Ocean Two is THE place to stay on the South Coast of Barbados! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Two Resort & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Two Resort And Residences
- Ocean Two Resort & Residences Hotel St Lawrence Gap
- Ocean 2 Resort & Residences