South Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$ 263
US$ 125
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 184/night.

The SoCo Hotel(Hastings)
US$ 377
Hotels.com
Savannah Beach Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$ 319
US$ 154
  • Pool
Sugar Bay Barbados(Hastings)
US$ 628
US$ 566
Courtyard by Marriott Bridgetown, Barbados(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
Courtyard
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa(Christ Church Parish)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$ 195
US$ 141
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 160/night.

Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)(Great Value!)
US$ 377
US$ 244
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 272/night.

Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
2,484 results
All reviewsthe blue roomdeck restaurantted's tourhappy hourfishblades familysuperior roomrum punch partycontinental breakfastacross the roadthe activities deskfamily run hotelpalm treesgift shoptop floorthe gapmama mia
Reviewed 4 May 2010

This was our 7th time in Barbados, 5th stay in Coconut Court. It,s location is perfect ,right on the beach,close to local restaurants and bars but not too near as to be noisy,nearby shops for essentials. Friendly helpful staff always smiling. Only negative
aspect would be the birds at breakfast time in the restaurant. Mike & Caroline, Swansea UK

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2010

What a awsome experience. Not only located in the most ideal location but really nice people. The beach is clean and beautiful especially under a palm or almond tree and we even found a baby sea turtle!!!! What a great vacation this was!!! Hated to leave :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank luckiekatie
CoconutCourtBGI, Community Manager/Social Media at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2010

Thank you for your review of our hotel and of your stay in Barbados.

The fee for the changing of your beach towel is an environmental fee. The hotel continues to pursue initiatives and process that protect and preserve the environment. We ask our guest to join us in our efforts. The less laundry we need to do, the less detergent is added to our already fragile environment.

As you can appreciate, we have had a long dry season and we try to do all we can to conserve water. While it did rain during your holiday, it had been the first time in about 4 months that we had seen that much rain.

The Breakfast, which is included in the cost of every room, is a Continental Breakfast. We have recently changed our breakfast offerings and taken off the hot items including the eggs and beans. We do have a menu from which you can order several other breakfast items such as omelets, bacon, sausage and pancakes.

I’m sorry that the service you received in the bar and restaurant did not meet your standards and I can honestly say this is not the norm for our hotel. I will pass on your comments to Antonio with regards to the service you did receive on his watch. He is an asset to the hotel.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future

Reviewed 14 April 2010

In a sum, Coconut Court is exactly what you pay for... a 3 star hotel. Rooms aren't the best, but everything worked and the view is amazing. I would not reccomend getting the all inclusive, unless you want to eat the same thing your whole trip. There are a lot of restaurants close by that would be worth checking out. Our favorites were Pisces and Tapas. Also, across the street there is Juros, a bar and grill, and Mama Mia's, a very family oriented Italian restaurant. Juros is apparently under new management and the owner was extremely nice. When we arrived at 10pm, everything was closed so we walked across the street to Juros. Even though the kitchen was closed, they were extremely friendly and he went back to the kitchen and cooked us some food since we were starved from a long day of traveling. Very nice place!! I read complaints about the bar being too noisy, but we did not have any problems. Great friendly people and a good place to have drinks.
Here are some tips for your trip:
*When flying into the airport, if you get a luggage guy then you get through customs faster. We found that since the island is so small, everyone knows everyone and in this case-your dollar gets you further. We learned this the hard way...waiting in line for 40 mins while all of the people with luggage guys "cut" us.
*The hotel provideds only one beach towel per person for your stay. They charge you 4 barbados dollars to exchange it for a clean one. If you'd like, you should bring your own. Also bring your own scuba gear if you'd like.
*Breakfast is free, but it sucks! Unless you like eggs and toast, go someplace else. The hotel is cheap and provides no meat. Also, the service in the restaurant is not good at all. You have to get up and get your own coffee and refills. Little do they know if the servers would just carry a coffee pot and refill drinks, they'd make tips!
*The bars are the same way. Service sucks and it takes forever to get a drink and your bill. With one exception...Antonio! If he is working the bar, there is a whole different atmosphere! He is quick, friendly, and very lively. When he is working, we went to his bar. The hotel does do a good job at providing nightly entertainment. We really enjoyed it.
*If you are looking for gifts for friends/loved ones, I found that the cheapest place to pick things up is at the airport when you are leaving! There are a TON of stores providing everything from jewelry to liquor. Save your gift buying for the end.
*While there, we did 3 excursions. One was the Atlantis submarine and I would def. reccomend this one. Esp if you have children. The water was clear and you see tons of fish, turtles and even an old ship wreck. The price is also reasonable, about $100US per person. The 2nd one we did was the ATV tour. I would NOT reccomend this to anyone. We did it, to get a look at more of the island, and it is just not worth it. You drive on the road, just like a car and don't see much of anything. It is also about $100US a person, but def. skip out! Rent a car instead, if you'd like to see the island. The 3rd one we did was the Harrison caves tour. It's only about $60US a person and totally worth it. There is no hiking, but an elevator and a tram that takes you around...but the scenerio is beautiful. So, if you have been to a cave before, you may not want to do this one, but if you have never been to a cave-do it! :o) We booked all of our tours thru the hotel. We did not do Teds tour, but heard nothing but good things about it.
*There is also a boarwalk that you can walk on. It doesn't go through the back of this hotel, but if you walk on the beach to the left, you will come up to it. Very nice walk, but it doesn't go far.
Even though it wasn't the rainy season, it rained everyday that we were there. Still had fun though. Hotel was worth what we paid, and I would recommend it to someone, if they didn't want to spend alot of money. It's a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenny4480
Reviewed 9 April 2010

There are many reasons why the Coconut Court should be avoided, these include:
1- Location - yes it's close to the gap, however forget about walking there. The walk to the gap is along a dirty, dangerous road filled with traffic and no proper sidewalk. While there are taxis waiting in front of the hotel, be warned that their driving abilities vary from passable to life-endangering.
2-The beach. It is as rocky and awful as the reviews mention. In addition, the beach itself is quite dirty; filled with cigarette butts, leaves, and glass.
3-The amneties. They are quite old and in poor condition. While the rooms are clean the halls leading to them are not and the stairways are narrow and unsafe. Moreover, who wants to start a vacation by dragging their luggage up 2-3 flights of stairs to a room that overlooks the back of a new condo complex?
4-The food. Avoid eating at the hotel at all costs. The best feature of Barbados is the dining, this does not include Coconut Court. Breakfast is fine as long as you are not expected more than fruit from a can, toast, limited cereal selection, and bad coffee.
5-The service. What to say about the service? Well, on 2 of 7 days our party's rooms were not cleaned or missing things like towels. Also, after an accident that resulted in a broken ankle, our rooms were not changed to avoid a climb up 2 flights of stairs, no ice was provided (we had to go to the bar ourselves), and nor was a wheelchair made accessible.
6-The Air Canada Reps. If you have travelled elsewhere with Air Canada you are probably accustomed to the helpful reps who help you plan your excursions and coordinate your arrival, departures, and transfers. This is most definitely not the case in Barbados. Upon our arrival we were forced by the Air Canada rep to pay an additional transfer charge to a taxi driver for a small surf board. Not knowing better, we obliged only to find out later that this was not acceptable practice. In addition, after being forced out of our rooms early before our departure, the Air Canada rep (Susan) did not take any measures to ensure that we arrived on time at the airport and again failed to provide a wheelchair despite assuring us that she would do so.

So if you're planning on going to Barbados - stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank CleoTT
CoconutCourtBGI, Community Manager sending for the General Manager at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2010

1) Location: Coconut Court Beach Hotel is very centrally located with several restaurants and shops located within easy walking from the hotel. We do not advertise that we are within easy walking distance to St. Lawrence Gap but the hotel is located within ten minutes drive from both St. Lawrence Gap and the capital city Bridgetown. We do understand that there are some concerns with sidewalks in Barbados. This is regularly discussed within the local forum and I am sure we will see continued improvements as Barbados as a nation strives to meet the demands/expectations of visitors to our beautiful island.

2) The Beach: At Coconut Court we recognize the importance of the beach to our guests and as such we rake the beach by hand every morning. Not only does this ensure that there is not an unsightly build up of litter on the beach but it also prevents damage to the nests of endangered Hawksbill Sea Turtles that frequent the Coconut Court beach for several months throughout the year. There are some rocks on the beach caused by the movement of the tides – this is a natural process. It is important to note that these rocks are actually bits of coral that have washed ashore from the reef and are not large. The island has been experiencing extremely high tides for the last several months and this has caused severe erosion on some of the island’s beaches. Thankfully, Coconut Court has experienced very limited erosion because of the submerged breakwater that is situated in front of the hotel swimming area. However, it was decided that the coral rocks would not be removed as we were concerned that their absence might cause further erosion. Instead, we removed only some of rocks creating two clearly visible entrance and exit paths to the hotel swimming area. This work was carried out by hand to alleviate/eliminate any damage to the natural coastal environment.

3) The Amenities: The room category that was booked was a Standard Oceanview Room. It is not our intention to mislead any persons with false advertising and it is clearly stated that there is a partial view of the ocean only available from the private balconies in this room category. This statement is correct and true. The hotel has passed both local and international health and safety inspections. Guests are escorted and assisted to their rooms on arrival and if requested, on departure. The Standard Oceanview Rooms in which this guest was located are on the ground floor and the first floor of the West wing of the hotel only.

4) The Food: The Deck Restaurant is a casual open air dining facility. While we do not pretend to offer fine dining we do strive to ensure that our guests are satisfied with the service and food that they receive. It is important to note that the complimentary breakfast that is included with the room rate is a Continental breakfast buffet only. Fresh fruit and Del Monte tinned fruit cocktail are offered together along with three types of cold breakfast cereal, whole wheat and white toast and Maxwell House filtered coffee. There is several other breakfast items (cheddar cheese slices, local pastries, eggs, beans etc.) also included at no additional charge. Should our guests require additional breakfast items, these are available from the a la carte breakfast menu.

5) The Service: We pride ourselves on very high standards of service at Coconut Court Beach Hotel and very rarely receive any complaints in this regard. Cleanliness of our guest rooms is critical and in our guest comments, our housekeeping service typically rates very highly. We therefore believe that this was an isolated incident and apologise for the standard not being met in this case.

On behalf of my family and the staff at Coconut Court Beach Hotel I would like to assure all prospective guests that our team continues to work hard everyday to improve our standard of service excellence. It is this commitment to outstanding service and hospitality that keep our loyal guests returning year after year.

Linda Lampkin

Reviewed 9 April 2010

On Tuesday, January 5 at approximately 4:10 p.m. I fell in a hole in the asphalt at the top of the stairs (from the beach, pool and restaurants) at the Coconut Court Hotel in Barbados.
A hotel employee (male) and two female guests were standing at the top with suitcases. My daughter and her husband were behind coming up the stairs just behind me.
My foot hit the hole and I twisted around, falling, breaking the skin on my knee and ankle on my right leg. The fall was hard enough that my glasses fell off and are scratched. When I tried to get up, I was unable to put weight on my left foot. The hotel employee helped to bring me into the hotel lobby. Scott was in the gift shop and he got a frozen treat and a cloth to put on my ankle. The person in charge at the hotel counter came to see me and my daughter was required to run to the bar to get ice. Linda Lampkin (the hotel’s general manager) came to ask if everything was ok and gave me an ace bandage. She said she was leaving and that the woman on duty (Petra) would see to my needs. The woman on duty (Petra) asked if I wanted to go to a doctor. I said no and that I wanted to go back to my room since I was leaving in less than 24 hours and preferred to get medical help in Canada. After about 10 minutes or so, my husband and son-in-law helped me to my room since I could not walk on my own. My daughter had to go and once more get ice from the bar.

The next day both my husband and daughter contacted Susan, the Air Canada Vacation rep, to tell her about the accident and to ask if I could have a wheelchair at the airport since I was in too much pain to walk. My daughter was told that she just had to take one when we got there. My daughter also requested an incident report from the hotel. She was told there was none. I filled out the hotel satisfaction survey and clearly indicated my email address, home address and phone number. I stated that I was astounded that there was no incident report since the fall was due to a hole in the asphalt at the hotel and it was no way indicated. I have still had no feedback from the hotel. Our return flight had been delayed and my husband and I were lucky enough to be charged for late check-out. My daughter and son-in-law were not as lucky, so they moved their bags into our rooms in order to care for me. The hotel employees had plenty of opportunities to ask about my status; they simply did not!
Before we left, my daughter returned to the hotel reception to once again ask for an incident report. Apparently Susan from Air Canada was there greeting new hotel clients. She did not bother to come out to verify my state.
When we arrived at the airport, the driver (I imagine that he had been hired by Air Canada Vacations since transfers were included) did absolutely nothing to help the situation. He literally dumped our bags on the sidewalk and glared at us. My daughter went to get a wheelchair and wheeled me to the Air Canada counter for check-in. When we got to the counter, we were abruptly told that we had taken a wheelchair that belonged to American Airlines and we would have to get it back. They informed us that they would try to find me one. I got up and stood while the American Airlines’ wheelchair was returned and the AC employees went into the back to find me one. In all fairness, I was given priority boarding and escorted to the plane by an Air Canada employee. In Toronto, there was a wheelchair eventually. My daughter went to get one, it was taken from her and I had to get back on the plane for someone to get another. I was in a great deal of pain and this was not the best for my ankle. Once we found ourselves in the baggage area in Toronto the service was excellent. The attendant helped us to get onto the last flight to Montreal and saw us to the gate. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the arrival in Montreal. I assure you, that my ankle did not heal between Toronto and Montreal. Upon arrival, there was no wheelchair and we had to wait until the crew (including the pilots) left the plane. I limped almost half the way to baggage until my daughter found a wheelchair and helped me through.
I am angry and astounded for the following reasons:
1. The hole in the pavement should have been indicated.
2. The hotel did and still has not done anything beyond getting ice to help a situation it had precipitated.
3. The Air Canada rep did not seem to care one way or another that a client had been hurt on hotel premises belonging to a hotel recommended by Air Canada Vacations.
4. There was disorganization in providing wheelchairs to ensure that I do no further damage to foot.
I have been diagnosed with a broken ankle, and I havel missed five weeks of work. I have been informed that I will have to undergo additional physical therapy for an undetermined period of time
Additional comments on Coconut Court Hotel-
1. Unfortunately we were given one of the four worst rooms in the hotel.
• Our “view” consisted of a dirty garbage moat and the back of a new condo complex, and we had to keep our blinds closed at all time of the day and night. Oh, we could see some ocean off to the extreme left. We had requested a king-size bed; there was no such thing for us.
• We did not get maid service one day, so we made our own beds and went to ask for a clean towel because we had not foreseen keeping one clean just in case!
• (BTW there were no bedspreads. While I know that these are considered “nasty” by many travelers, it was pretty depressing to check into what looked like an army camp.

2. The beach was filthy in as much as it was littered with cigarette butts, broken glass, straws and plastic cups. Whenever we sat under a palm tree, we began by checking for broken glass.

3. . The beach is edged by rocks (rounded and varying anywhere from six inches to a foot) that make it difficult and dangerous to get into the water. We purchased water shoes ($20 each) from the gift shop so that we were able to get into the water I imagine that the gift shop does a booming business on water shoes because they ran out and immediately restocked during our visit. It would be very helpful to have this indicated so that customers could know in advance.

4. The quality of the all-inclusive breakfast was pitiful. There were scrambled eggs and a choice of beans or cheese. Never the two at the same time. If we got to breakfast at 8 am, there was no more fresh fruit (bananas, oranges and apples) and canned fruit salad was put out. During our tour of the island, we learned that bananas are grown locally; did someone forget to buy them? The birds were especially pesky and were allowed to walk around the buffet table. Cream for coffee- I think not!

I have just received an answer from Air Canada Vacations-so what else did I expect- they claim they are not responsible and neither is the hotel. shame on you all!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mom_of_Tess
CoconutCourtBGI, Community Manager written for the General Manager at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2010

This complaint was lodged directly with Air Canada Vacations and as such, the hotel has felt that correspondence with the guest should be between ACV and the guest. We have been contacted by ACV to discuss the issues in this review.

We, the hotel management, would like to state that the guest was assisted by the hotel staff. Medical Attention at a nearby hospital was suggested to the guest who refused this offer. Management did ask, on a number of occasions, how the guest was doing, to a repeated response of "doing fine"

Air Canada Vacations were surprised to hear of the complaints regarding Coconut Court since the four guests had not said anything at all to their representative about their feelings. They were only made aware of these listed complaints after the passengers returned to Canada. It is much more preferable for guests to make their true feelings known while still in destination so that remedial action can be taken.

On the day of departure Air Canada Vacations took the initiative to advise the guests that their return flight was delayed by two hours and that they were therefore delaying their airport transfer by two hours so that they could relax at the hotel rather than wait around the airport. Coconut Court was able to provide a room three and a half hours beyond regular checkout time without charge to accommodate this delay. Regrettably, high occupancy meant we could not provide two rooms.
Air Canada Vacations regrets that the guests did not report to the Air Canada desk as instructed for their requested wheelchair but instead collected a wheelchair marked "American Airlines" from a nearby counter. Air Canada was happy to correct this by providing an Air Canada owned wheelchair as soon as they became aware the passengers were present.

On behalf of my family and the staff at Coconut Court Beach Hotel I would like to assure all prospective guests that our team continues to work hard everyday to improve our standard of service excellence. It is this that keeps our loyal customers returning year after year.

Linda Lampkin