Coconut Court Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sugar Bay Barbados(Hastings)
  • Pool
Hotel PomMarine(Christ Church Parish)
Island Inn Hotel(Bridgetown)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Accra Beach Hotel & Spa(Christ Church Parish)
2,405 results
All reviewsthe blue roomdeck restaurantted's tourhappy hourfishblades familysuperior roomrum punch partycontinental breakfastacross the roadthe activities deskpalm treesfamily run hotelgift shoptop floorthe gapmama mia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I went to Coconut Court with no expectations of grandure or luxury having read previoius TA reviews. A small friendly family run hotel sounded perfect for what my girlfriend and I wanted from our accomodation on Barbados. And as for a little bit of traffic noise - how bad could it be....right? WRONG!!

I'm not one to normally complain (see my other reviews if you don't believe me) but there is absolutely no escaping the fact that you might as well be sleeping on the kerb for the difference being in your room makes when it comes to blocking the traffic noise. And whilst being right on the bus route between Bridgetown and Oistins certainly has its advantages, the negatives outway the positives i'm afraid. It is apparently Bajan custom for a bus, or a taxi (and often just a normal car) to beep its horn when passing a bus stop or even a person walking down the road. And these are no ordinary horns - think Dukes of Hazard and you get the idea. If you only intend to sleep between midnight and 6am, then this will not be a problem for you, but i'd had enough of the Reggae buses by the end of the week. Why the hotel doesn't have double glazing at the front i do not know? The windows in some of the rooms are louvred glass so these must be even worse....

Anyway, that aside, the hotel isn't too bad. Our room (45) was very large, bright and airy. The bed was comfortable enough, although the quality of pillows / linens / towels isn't brilliant. But it was clean enough and the balcony had a great view of the beach (once you looked over the corregated iron restaurant roof). The curtains offer absolutley no 'black-out' though which also didn't help with not being able to sleep much past 6am!

Breakfast is basic - if not a little unusual for my tastes - but it was fine for me. My girlfriend ordered pancakes one morning which were nice. Food at the weekly managers cocktail party BBQ was very good, and The Deck restaurant was fine for lunch or a snack.

The staff were very 'hit and miss'. Some were lovely - especially Antonio on the beach bar (by far the best member of staff at Coconut Court, could not do enough to help) but the majority seemed quite miserable - in particular the front desk staff on our check-in and some of the restaurant staff. This was also duplicated in The Blue Room across the street ,which staff aside was quite a nice place to have a drink in the evening. It had a good atmosphere when it was busy and handy for keeping up the the footbal with the big screen TV's and free Wi-Fi!

But the biggest selling point has got to be the beach. Don't let the seaweed of pebbles bother you, it really is a lovely beach and thanks to the man made reef its great for swimming and snorkelling - i was surprised by the amount and variety of fish. Plenty of sunbeds and palm trees for shade and a great place to chill out.

Barbados is a wonderful place, and my lack of sleep certainly didn't ruin my holiday, but it was annoying so as i said in the title, Think carefully before you book at Coconut Court

Room Tip: Not sure there is one - they might all face the beach, but they also all back onto the road.
1  Thank phil6214
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear Friend, thanks for taking the time to write this review. It sounds like you had a nice holiday overall so I am grateful for that. I read your comments about the traffic noise, Yes, I know that it can be a nuisance for those folks that are light sleepers. Most guests are not bothered by it but I know that everyone is different. Ditto for the curtains. You have given me some good tips here and they will be considered when we are making changes and upgrades in the future.
Thanks for posting the photos of your room, the balcony view and the beach. I really loved photos three, four and five (going from left to right in your photo line up). The view from your balcony is awesome! Thanks for posting those for other travelers!
I also appreciated you mentioning Antonio from the beach bar. He is a true wonder isnt he? I am surprised by your comments about the other staff as we usually get great comments about how nice everyone is. In any case, we are working hard to continue our staff training and making improvements. You guys put the food on the table for our families and we recognize how important it is to ensure that you get friendly and efficient service. Always working on areas to improve so thank you for making me aware of your ideas and comments. We hope to see you soon again at Coconut Court Beach Hotel.
Best regards, Linda, Jason, Mark and the team at Coconut Court

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Good view of the beach from reception made me know that I was going to enjoy it here. Andy,(security) took our cases to our very spacious/clean room and explained the controls for the TV and the air con. He showed us our view of the beach / sea from our room. It was brilliant. You just step out of the hotel and your on one of the best little beaches on the island.
The TV's in the room didn't have a good choice of channels with the only British channel being BBC World News. Most channels were either American or Canadian even though there was a massive satellite dish on the side of the complex.
Andy was very helpful throughout our stay at the Coconut Court and always came over for a chat and to see if we were ok. I think the bar staff at the Deck Bar could have learnt a thing or two from Andy on how to smile and to chat with their customers. The smartly dressed lady (I think she owned the place) who was always walking about the complex could have also interacted a little more with the guests.
The maintenance guys, security, restaurant staff and the maids always greeted us with a smile and made us feel very comfortable.
The quality of food in the restaurant was exceptional and very reasonably priced.
It was a pity that the main bar closed early each night, sometimes about 1045pm as John "the cheerful waiter" had to be up at 6am to get breakfasts ready, but it didn't stop us drinking as there was another bar (The Blue Room) across the road. Apparently this is owned by the same people.
The beach was very clean & tidy and sunbeds are free. You couldn't get a hotel any nearer a beach than this one, and the only people bathing here most days were from the hotel. Friends at a nearby hotel wish they had stayed here as the drinks were cheaper and the hotel wasn't "posh" and they felt more relaxed here than at their own hotel.
Would like to go back here again in the near future.

Room Tip: They all face the beach and all have their own private balcony, so just take your pick. You won't be disappointed
1  Thank FRANK R

Dear Friends, thanks for this review. I am very happy that you had such a great stay with us. Special thanks for mentioning our friendly staff, in particular Andy and John. We have a great bunch of folks working here. I am one of the owners of the hotel (it belongs to my family) and that would have been me walking around the hotel most days. Sorry if I did not stop and chat too long. I really do enjoy chatting with my guests. Actually, my husband Jason is always telling me that i can talk for England. Anyway, I am sorry if I did not come across that way to you and will try harder to spend more time with everybody. it's the best part of my job!
We close our main bar at 11pm each night becasue we dont want to disturb our guests who prefer an early night. There are lots of great alternatives close by for those late nights. The Blue Room is owned by us and it's perfect for a few drinks, watching sports and having a tasty meal. Folks who book our HalfBoard or Full Board meal packages can do exchange dining there too. I am really glad that you had such a great time and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Best regards, Linda, Jason, Mark and the team at Coconut Court.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Absolutely perfect, friendly, beautiful .....thank you for our excelent holiday. Hotel is right on the beach with a kind, nice staff.....all what I can say is....Love it and am happy that is still possible to find such amazing and lovely place with such a familiar people.....room 18 and 16 , 15.04.-22.04.12

Room Tip: for us rooms 16 and 18 was absolutely perfect
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Just returned from Barbados - had a lovely week at Coconut Court.

We had a lovely large room overlooking the sea. Most of the rooms look out over the pool and sea. The rooms could do with a bit of updating but were very clean and the view made up for it. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the beach is beautiful,
The bar has a lunchtime and an evening happy hour.
We ate dinner there a couple of times which was nice, but there is a much better choice in the nearby St Lawrence Gap. Its a short bus ride and its a shame the hotel isn't a little near to this activity. However the buses are cheap and very frequent.

Room Tip: there are no lifts so state you need a lower floor if stairs are a problem
1  Thank Rredds
islandgirl1972, Owner at Coconut Court Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2012

Dear Friend, thank you for writing this review for us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and loved our island. It is really wonderful that you are planning a return visit. We are not a luxury hotel, just clean and comfortable with friendly, genuine service. See you soon again!
Best regards, Linda, Jason, Mark and the team at Coconut Court

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed here from 10th April to 17th 2012 and was not disappointed. Superb people and friendly staff. The best beach you will see on a supposedly 3 Star hotel. The view from the top floor overlooking the beach was great. Stayed in room 117 and apart from the 4 flights of stairs cannot moan as it was kept spotless. The buffet and barbeque night were well worth the money. Very nice food also at TAPAS which is along the boardwalk, and also TGI Fridays just a few yards from the hotel. The man made reef was a great idea,lots of tropical fish to look at inside the massive Pots that were put there a long time ago. Take no notice of the recent reviewer who moaned about everything, however stayed there in May 2011 and decided to review ONE YEAR later. Cannot fault it at all. Will certainly return. Big Hi to ANTONIO from the beach bar ( Tiger woods lookalike and soundalike ) and John from the main restraunt who was always friendly and helpful. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: Top floor superior beachfront for a great view.