All reviewsmain buildingfruit treesbreadslow foodmount etnawine tastingworking farminfinity poolbeautiful propertyboutique hotelpastahigh endyogurtend of the daybefore dinnerrelaxing staycatania airport
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is definitely one of the prettier places I've stayed in Italy: the grounds are on a high slope, and comprise orchards, vineyards, an infinity pool with a multi-layer surrounding oudoor lounging and bar area, and a breakfast area up a steep flight of steps that enjoys a beautiful view of the sea and the surrounding countryside. My experience at dinner was the same as noted in some reviews: while the selections all sounded fantastic, and used local and organic ingredients, I found the courses rather hit or miss. I had a risotto with yogurt, citrus and vanilla that was almost sweet enough to be a dessert, and my fish with sea greens was composed of ingredients that I thought didn't quite work together. I was in Room 2, which was just below the main path, and I heard voices walking outside at night, as well as the couple in the room just on the other side of the wall. The location high up in the hills off of winding roads might not make it a great choice for day trips, but it's certainly a nice place to relax and enjoy the beautiful countryside for a day or two.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Monaci delle T, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Monaci delle Terre Nere, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Mr Sirin,

thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience in Monaci delle Terre Nere on Tripadvisor.

We are happy that the beauty of our estate has conquered your heart as well. We are also enchanted by the spectacular views of our surroundings and worship the generous nature with its gifts on which our cuisine is based.

We are sorry that some of the taste combinations were not up to your expectations. We have had many positive feedback from other guests on the same dishes you mentioned, however we would like to underline that our menu is based on the seasonal products and thus varies very often depending on the freshest vegetables and fruit that our organic garden offers.

We highly appreciate your feedback and have shared it with our Chef that will certainly take it in consideration for his future dishes.

Thank you once more for your kind comments. We do hope that you will come back to our charming Country Boutique Hotel to relax in the peaceful revitilizing eco-bio resort.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

What can I say about Monaci delle Terre Nere to do it justice? My wife and I absolutely adore this place - we have visited on several occasions and, without fail, we are blown away by the idyllic scenery, delicious food, fantastic wine and the amazing staff who always make you feel so welcome. Our love of Monaci resulted in us asking Ada and Guido if they would do us the honour of letting us hold our wedding in their beautiful grounds and it was truly the best decision we ever made!!
Whether you visit in the heat of summer where you can relax in absolute tranquility by the beautiful pool or you visit in winter and you can curl up with a glass of locally produced red wine and a good book next to a crackling fire, a stay at Monaci will leave you fully refreshed and never wanting to leave.
We have stayed in a range of the rooms provided and each has been perfect, beautifully decorated and exactly as the pictures on their website show. Some of the rooms are a short walk from the main house but the staff are more than happy to come pick you up in a golf buggy (quite the entrance to our wedding!!)
Regardless of when we have visited, the one constant has been the quality of the food and eating your meal on the beautiful terrace as the sun sets is always a highlight of the trip. However, I must say, the addition of Monaci's new head chef has taken the food to a whole new level. I can genuinely say that the food at our wedding surpassed all of our expectations and it truly is some of the best food we have ever tasted anwhere in the world. I would highly recommend the nebrodi pork and, if you can persuade the chef, the cannoli will be the best you have ever tasted!! The one downside of the food is that it's so good you won't want to venture far from the hotel!

Whenever we leave Monaci delle Terre Nere, our first thought is "when can we come back?" and I can guarantee it won't be long before we are back for another stay. A truly magical place that combines the tradition and beauty of the area with the serenity of a boutique retreat!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
monaciterrenere, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Monaci delle Terre Nere, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Mr Sambrook,

Thank you for choosing Monaci delle Terre Nere as your wedding location!

We were delighted to learn that our staff has managed to make your special occasion enjoyable and memorable. It was a pleasure having your party as our guests.

We are glad that you enjoyed our room facilities, atmosphere and our natural wine. We appreciate your kind words on our Restaurant. Our Team will be highly encouraged and motivated by your feedback.

We are really looking forward to welcoming you back to Monaci!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

We stayed at Monaci for a wedding weekend in June. We were stunned by the beautiful surroundings and very impressed by the food and helpful staff. The pool area was peaceful and served lovely food and drinks - special mention to Alberto for his cocktail making skills! We particularly loved the focus on organic produce and local wine and the interesting flavour combinations created by the chef. The rooms were decorated beautifully and had stunning views. This was certainly the best hotel we have every stayed in and we will definitely be returning in the future!

1  Thank ChessArtini

Dear ChessArtini,

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent experience at Monaci delle Terre Nere on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed our rooms, surroundings and dinner at our Restaurant "Locanda Nerello". It was a pleasure reading your nice comments on our cuisine based on organic products and the service.

We are really glad that Alberto has managed to make your stay extra special. He will certainly be pleased to hear your feedback. We would like to let you know that we have a new Cocktail Class experience with Alberto and his Sicilian stories! Just one more reason to come back, right?

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Monaci in the nearest future.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

If you want a truly luxurious and memorable break away, THIS is the place to be.
We were honoured to be there as a guest for a family wedding & then stayed on for a few more nights. Our room was perfect - surrounded by beds of lavender & a view over the sea. It was so quiet at night that I had 5 amazing nights sleep. The staff were ALL wonderful. They spoke fluent English & couldn't have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
Eating each meal outside is a treat & the quality of the food (& delic. wines) at Manaci is first class - especially as so much is grown on site or nearby (did I mention how delic. the wines are & wine specialist was so knowledgeable!)
If I was to marry again, then I would seriously consider Monaci - it really was truly magical - it brings a huge smile to my face remembering such a special weekend.
I honestly wouldn't change a moment of my stay & hope that I will be treated to another few nights there in the not too distant future.

1  Thank Lou27John
monaciterrenere, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Monaci delle Terre Nere, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the warm feedback on your stay at Monaci delle Terre Nere.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed our estate, room (and its sleepting quality) as well as our service. Your nice comments on our Restaurant mean a lot to us, as they show that we are moving in the right direction on our strive to perfection.

Thank you for your kind about our staff. Having your party here at Monaci was delightful for all of us.

We do hope to welcome you back to Monaci shortly. I will be glad to take care of your reservation personally, should you wish to contact me when you know the exact dates.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

Thank you to all the staff who made our honey moon stay so good...in particular Sebastian who helped us all the time with food choices, he helped us pick our first lobster and made great coffees in the morning for us. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
monaciterrenere, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Monaci delle Terre Nere, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Rebecca,

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed our estate and dinner at our Restaurant "Locanda Nerello". It was a pleasure reading your nice comments on our cuisine and the service.

We are really glad that Sebastiano took good care of you and has managed to make your stay extra special. He will certainly be pleased to receive your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back to Monaci in the nearest future.