All reviews hotel is located buses shearings christmas housekeeping zoo balcony salzburg base outskirts spa
Reviewed 2 August 2013

M husband & I are on a road trip through Europe, and this was the 1st hotel we saw when we entered Salzburg. It is actually on the outskirts of Salzburg but just about 25 mins by car fro downtown Salzburg. The hotel is clean, the rooms and bathrooms are also clean and well maintained with a lovely view of the Untersberg Mountain and open fields. They have ample free parking, they do have free WiFi (which did not work for 2 days out of 3 that we were there), and a good spread for Breakfast at their restaurant. The restaurant is like a short walk away from the main hotel and serves very good and delicious food in the restaurant. The service is also great, i just had one grouse that they give you a bread basked without the butter and when we asked for some it came nearly while we were mid way through the meal but they still charged us 2 Euros for it.
Over all the hotel is good, and hence we extended our stay by one night, but they seemed to have forgotten to convey tht to their housekeeping, as our room was not cleaned, the towels and linen were not changed. ANd it was really inconvenient that in spite of the relatively high room rate, they could not get the internet problem resolved for nearly 2 days as it made planning our onward trip really difficult. And nor did they offer to make amends for any of these lack of services, except for on the last day giving us an alternative internet access on their office computer. I would have called this stay excellent if not for these issues.

Date of stay: July 2013
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We booked the hotel for 1 night on Priceline. We got to the hotel and it was great. Quiet, very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room, and had our own balcony overlooking the mountains. It had everything we were looking for. Free parking, free Internet and free breakfast. We got on Priceline right away and booked a 2nd night. I would recommend to all.

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank John I
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

Being in Salzburg often I am familiar with this hotel as it was first a Best Western and nice, then became the Pointe Sport Hotel and now Momentum. It has Momentum alright, straight down.

The area we were at was the Children play area, which is ok, but its already very dirty in places, with dust, screws and othere issues.

The Kitchen has been bad last two times, and we will not go back again. Bejng slow and small portions was tolerable however the service is now so bad I complained to the manager.

The server replied when I asked " why is it taking so long my kids are very hungry", she replied" its coming, your kids wont starve!!" In a very rude manner.

Being shocked, I went to front desk, and told manager, who said coldy, " sorry that is not nice. Please let me buy you some free coffee."

I think to really upset us, one of my kids schnitzels was so small, it was like a chicken nugget from the drive thru.

We will never go back. Save yourself and keep looking elsewhere.

Date of stay: April 2013
4  Thank Kaelan
Werner G, Geschäftsführer at Momentum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

We would like to point out that this reviewer was not a guest of our hotel.
He has only visited our children's playground as external visitor and was surprised to have to pay for this service.

Please ignore this review, because this man can not give constructive criticism without really having been a hotel guest (rooms, spa, etc.)

Furthermore, for example, the children's playground is cleaned daily by a serious company and and we have no information that this hotel should have ever been part of the Best Western chain.
This review is either a mistake or a malicious injustice.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

Excellent location for people traveling by car.nice view , renovated cosy rooms.rich breakfast includs quality goods.is a nice place.for visit salzburg.is not so far, and anif is a nice small village .be back for sure.

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank AdrianFilip
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed one night advertised as 4 star won't be in this country more like 2 star rooms good especially shower which was really good but the hotel seems to be having a re fit or some such thing as there seem to be carpet fitters and painting going on all round. we found no towels in bathroom which when I reported to desk they then arrived we were a group and we had 4 rooms altogether none had towels when I reported this one of staff came to give towels and said that they had left towels in all rooms that we had but when speaking the next day to fellow travellers one of rooms still had no towels. Restaurant was disapointing with food that was more like bar food than restaurant food. Very good if you are into tennis as they seem to be very into tennis as courts inside and out. Would not stay again

Room tip: check you have towels before having shower very good veiws of mountains at frount of hotel
Date of stay: May 2012