All reviewsnext yearair conthe kitchensafety deposit boxnothing is too much troublejust arrived backemptied dailyfabulous holidaymain beachlovely bar arealooking forward to seeing you againperfect place to stayweek staytwo weeksexcellent locationself cateringeuros per week
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

First things first - the location is fantastic and the family who run the apartments are incredibly welcoming, friendly and happy to help. But, from the amount of "excellent" reviews and repeat visitors I expected something incredible. And whilst they're comfortable and well sized and in a great position, they're not what I would class as excellent (sorry!)

The air conditioning isn't quite strong enough for the August heat which, when it's chargeable on top of the cost of your holiday, isn't ideal. We like to eat breakfast in our room but there was no toaster or cheese grater - small things that made a big difference to how we usually like to enjoy our Stoupa mornings. The bathroom is small and dated and like a sauna with the door shut! But the shower is very good and powerful, which is lovely after a day at the beach, the bathroom bin is emptied daily and toilet roll is replaced (not always the case in other accommodation we've stayed in).

As others have said, towels and bed sheets are only changed once during a one week stay - not a problem at all but one to be aware of.

The small bar and terrace is nice for a pre dinner drink, but has no views at all. Our rooms (317 and 318) also lacked any kind of view apart from the buildings in front and the alleyway down to the beach.

To summarise, a nice and comfortable stay, and we had a really great holiday, but I would probably look at other accommodation over Villa Kosta on my return to Stoupa.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2017

Excellent place to stay, good location for every. Always a lovely welcome from konstantinos and his family ,they always do their best to help you out , we have been coming to villa kostas for 6 years and look forward to going again this year for 3 weeks in june

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Derek L
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We have just returned after another excellent stay at Villa Kosta and many thanks to Konstantinos and his family for their lovely welcome and looking after us so well.The hotel,bar,studios,apartments and gardens are all kept so clean and tidy it is a pleasure to stay here.We are returning next May and are so looking forward to our visit

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank peddyd111
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We have been holidaying in Stoupa for 10 years and stayed in different accommodation each time. We stayed in Villa Kosta maisonette 106 a couple of years ago and were disappointed with the views(or lack of) and the darkness, this is mentioned in other reviews also. We asked about a studio apartment and Kosta showed us a lovely studio on the ground floor. It was quite large and bright and airy, I knew I wanted to stay there, we asked about booking for this year and were advised that they (the family) don't get involved in that side of things but advised they get booked up very quickly. So last year we booked in August 2016 to go to Stoupa in September 2017.
Call me naïve, but I was so looking forward to this holiday and staying in the studio here. On arrival we were booked in and taken up the stairs to room 431 - I was surprised as I hadn't realised there were studios above the ground floor.
The studio was dark and dated. Beds hard and mattresses stained, the floor didn't appear to have been cleaned and there was a dirty ashtray in the cupboard.
Towels and bedding need replacing towels are discoloured and ragged. Also these were changed only twice in 2 weeks. Bearing in mind we are 2 adults daily using these towels less than half the size of any towel we would use at home, they are pretty manky by the time they get changed. The air con was noisy and the swing blade did not work, I expect better for 60Euro a week.
The toilet bowl was badly stained and there was an issue with the flush.
There was nothing in the kitchen like cloth, tea towel, washing up liquid, so we had to buy these in. These would be more useful than the miniature toiletries provided in the bathroom, which I feel is more of a personal choice.
Although we could see the sea from our balcony we basically looked onto the back of the supermarket with some rubbish and the parrots old cage!

I have looked at previous reviews here on Trip advisor and going back to 2013 people have had issue with the cleanliness and the infrequency of the change of linen and towels. I know several couples who have stayed in recent years and all had dark rooms with limited or no view. Nothing seems to have changed. .
I wonder if the owners have become complacent and don't feel the need as they have so many repeat visitors, and perhaps these repeat visitors are given the better rooms. .

I love Stoupa and shall definitely return, sadly not to Villa Kosta.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mamac29
Reviewed 21 September 2017

This is my 7th visit to villa kosta.As usual the standard of cleaning was very high and the staff and family most welcoming and helpful.We have already booked for 2018 May and September.Looking forward to seeing you again(with my husband).Regards Ann King

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends