Villa Kosta Hotel & Apart
US$ 148
US$ 272
Manis Rose(Stoupa)
  • Pool
All reviewsnext yearvilla costaair consafety deposit boxthe kitchennothing is too much troublejust arrived backemptied dailymain beachrecommend villaweek stayextra chargelovely bar arealooking forward to seeing you againperfect place to staytwo weeksexcellent location
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Just returned from Villa Kostas after spending three weeks here. Friendly management and staff, and good reception area/book swap and bar area. also lovely kept gardens in a peaceful location just two minutes easy stroll up the alley to the beach.
Firstly the maisonette is great - very roomy, two floors, of course.......Bedroom a good size and bright and airy although hot in July without the air con! .... the beds we found comfortable. Lots of wardrobe space and drawers (the safe is located within this area) and plenty of hangers. Upstairs you have twin beds, dressing table with mirror and socket next to it (ideal for your hairdryer etc) bedside table each side of bed and nice terrace . we looked out from this balcony over a garden opposite where they were growing tomatoes Aubergines etc. and across the rooftops to the lovely mountain range... a real delight in an early morning especially..... bathroom had loo, basin with cabinet and mirror and a roomy shower tray with shower curtain........ the shower however I found to be the worst in 30 years of travelling around Greece.. hot water yes - that was great but the pressure was dire.(perhaps I was unlucky and timed my shower each time they were watering the garden perhaps but I very much doubt it!) . in fact so much so that personally I had to resort to filling up the large pan from the kitchen carrying it upstairs and then finishing emptying it over my head to make sure I got all conditioner out of hair. no easy task and one which really should not have been necessary! I think in 21 nights we had two OK showers where pressure was passable that was it. Downstairs was a roomy kitchen area with full fridge freezer and two ring cooker. plenty of cutlery and pots for what we needed. Dining table and sofa / bed settee.. this room also had a lovely balcony where we ate breakfast each morning and was shaded thanks to the large tree.much needed in that heat!
Our main gripe was about the cleaning..... bins emptied daily which was fine (although ours was forgotten twice and one time the loo paper bin bag was left tied up in middle of kitchen floor............ but the apt only had bedding changed every 4 or 5 days same with towels room was cleaned at this time only.... personally i thought that this was not enough for a heatwave. have been in 2 star studios in the past which get fresh linen in summer every two or 3 days. I think this really does need looking into a bit more. Other than that we had no complaints and had a really lovely holiday. will we return - well maybe as it was very well located but I think this cleaning needs to be looked at beforehand

6  Thank KefalosBlues2
Reviewed 16 July 2015

The villa Kosta has a mix of studios and masionettes. We chose the latter and very pleased that we did. Very spacious with living area downstairs with a good sized terrace, and bedroom ,shower room upstairs with good sized balcony. There are cooking facilities but we never used them as eating out in stoupa is inexpensive.The full sized fridge freezer was utilised daily and we stored the fresh spring water from the local tap in the lane.
The staff at the hotel are very friendly. Linen and towel change is every 4 days. Bins are emptied daily. Air con is a must when humidity levels are high and at 50 euros a week paid locally, a good investment for a good night's sleep. The beds are firm quite standard in Stoupa, not the hardest I have slept on in Stoupa but suits my back.
Would I stay here again, yes........it's 80 metres to the beach and close to all the restaurants and taverns yet very quiet. The gardens around the hotel are very well kept and beautiful. A very pleasant stay.

1  Thank montecatini
Reviewed 15 July 2015

Villa Kosta is very handy for the main area of Stoupa, it is a 1 minute walk to the beach.

Good points - you have your own water heating so you always have hot water (the pressure varies though), the shower we had in Room 100 was the best Greek shower I've ever had - no water filled bathroom floor and no wrestling match with a shower curtain that grasps your body like cling film! The owners are on hand and their English is good. Good sized fridge freezer in the kitchen and the air con is €7 per day and the safe is €10 per week.

Bad points - no toaster, just a kettle and a 2 ring cooker (we never used the cooker). One guest we met said he bought a light weight toaster from Argos for £7 so maybe that is the way around the absent toaster. Towel and bedding changes were poor - only got changed 2 times in 14 days, the bins were emptied daily but the rest of the apartment was only really cleaned on the towel/bedding change day. Depending on your apartment/maisonette you may have a partial mountain view.

Will probably visit Stoupa again in 2017. And may well stay here again, if I can get in that is, I'd have said that 75%+ of the guests were repeat yearly visitors so maybe it is just me that is being picky (bad points).

4  Thank Corky1963
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

After staying at Villa Kosta last year we knew we couldn't stay anywhere else this year.
We were not disappointed. We had the same room which was a 2 floor maisonette apartment. A handy kitchen/dining area with balcony on the lower floor and bedroom, bathroom and larger balcony on the top floor.
The rooms are clean and spacious. The bins emptied daily and the linens changed midweek.
Konstantinos and his team work very hard and always have a good morning or stop for a chat when you see them.
We will be staying with then again next year without a doubt.

If you find my review helpful, please click 'yes'. Thanks

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
12  Thank vaso99
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Excellent accommodation in Greek basic style. Two single beds, wardrobe, fridge, kettle, clothes line and pegs. Very friendly hosts within a very quiet environment near to shops, sea and tavernas. All the tavernas were good and very good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple