All reviews bedroom villa buggy drivers buggy service breakfast and dinner hilly terrain lovely trip hill slope balcony facing the beach local food keropok lekor parked our car kitchen crew pool or beach check in was a breeze cherating beach fireflies tour cold towels
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Sitting in the office after our trip to Royale Chulan Cherating felt like we have left a bit of our hearts behind. I am not sure that there are enough superlatives to describe this resort but words such as perfect, wonderful, awe inspiring, happy, sincere, brilliant, delightful and magical are just a few.

We stayed in Room 301 (Ocean Suite) and the room was amazing as it is located just outside swimming pools. The views truly are panoramic and they are so large you could quite easily just stay in there for the duration of your trip! I loved the fact that I could get out of bed and walk a few steps to have a morning dip.

The resort or beach never felt over crowded or busy, it was always peaceful. Everything was perfect, I honestly couldn't fault a thing.

We are already counting down the 365 days until our next stay. Everything about Royale Chulan Cherating is spectacular but the one thing we would say is that the people that really make it a home away from home.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank nazrin_navin
Faizi M, General Manager at Royale Chulan Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear nazrin_navin,

I took the time to read out this flattering review of yours during our staff gathering today. As I recited it out line by line, all I could see were proud faces because I know our team is so passionate in delivering the highest possible service standard to our valued guests.

Thank so very much for sharing those great memories and we are delighted to have played such a crucial role creating unforgettable moments for you.

Please do not wait for 365 days until your next stay. Turtle hatching season is starting soon and we believe you will be fascinated with this one of the earth's most ancient creatures.

Till then, we remain with our kindest regards.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The resort is visually beautiful with an amazing beach . If the beach dont get you excited , the resort's pool will you make you forget about santorini for a while . Dont forget the jacuzzi that will "perk" even the grinch of christmas. The staff was very accommodating and friendly . The service is impeccable . F&B is not their strongest point .

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Dear Anwar S,

Thank you for your lovely review of your recent stay at Royale Chulan Cherating. I am happy to see that overall you enjoyed your time with us, captivated with the beauty of our beach and mesmerized by the staff services. I couldn't agree with you more that this is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle to completely unwind.

Again thank you for your review of your time with us, I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again if your travel plans ever bring you back to the East Coast.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Quite a pleasant resort, staff are very friendly and hospitable right from start, beginning with buggy service and the reception/front desk. We also had a pleasant dinner experience at The Ocean restaurant where the staff were very attentive and friendly, quick service too. Beach and pool area was clean and well maintained. Rooms were fantastic. Breakfast restaurant staff was also very friendly and helpful. Will definitely recommend and come back.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Faizi M, General Manager at Royale Chulan Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear III76,

Thank you for sharing one remarkable review on your experiences at Royale Chulan Cherating.

We are extremely pleased that we have made your stay special in every way. At Royale Chulan, we aim to create an atmosphere of "home away from home".
It is our pleasure and our aim to create unique experiences which last a lifetime. Our hosts always strive at delivering service excellence and ensuring a warm welcome on our little paradise!

We hope to welcome you to Royale Chulan Cherating again soon, for more rare lifetime experiences.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

Fantastic place for short 'retreat', enjoyed the privacy and the staffs are all very friendly, Robynson was the reception counter staff, very helpful and professional in handling our booking.. fantastic stay...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Faizi M, General Manager at Royale Chulan Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Azreen A,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a review about us in TripAdvisor. Robinson was ecstatic that his name was being singled out by you.This will eventually motivate him and the rest of the team to deliver exceptional service to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

My wife and I love the sea and Cherating is one of our fav places to visit because of its beauty as well as because it is one of the few surf beaches in Malaysia. The beach along the Kg Cherating Lama stretch is definitely the most beautiful and we have always hoped for there to be more resorts along this stretch and my oh my did Royale Chulan Cherating fill that hope.
The resort itself which is also called 'The Santorini of Malaysia' is absolutely stunning. Breathtaking to say the least. The architecture, the rooms, the views everything is just superb. Our room was right in front of the pools near the beach (they have 3 pools in this resort btw...upper & lower deck closer to the beach and a long one near the lobby) and it was awesome. I can just go on and on about how beautiful this place is...and yeah it has 2 beaches as well (1 is the Kg Cherating Lama stretch which is the perfect surf beach and the other is super secluded on the other side of the resort).
Apart from the beauty of this resort, another strength this resort possesses is its staff. Every single staff we met right from the moment we parked our car were just superb. They were super-polite and courteous (Nouri at the reception, Zul the buggy driver, the small sized malay lad during dinner service, the malay girl serving us breakfast and every single staff we met were great). This is hospitality.
We are definitely coming back again and bringing our whole family sometime in April or May. I would want my family to experience the awesomeness we experienced.
Hats off to all at Royale Chulan Cherating!

PS: Just 2 things for the resort to take note. 1) The aircond in our room was I think a bit faulty as it kept switching off on its own. We checked the timer but couldnt fix it. Its no biggie but just to let u guys know for improvement purposes. 2) Maybe slightly more food choices during breakfast would be great. Dinner was awesome and delicious btw :)

Regards.
Justin Frances

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JustinF1759

Dear Mr Justin Frances,

It is truly gratifying to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and for selecting Royale Chulan Cherating as your home away from home.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the beach and pools, and are flattered that you are also approving us the "Santorini of Malaysia" label.

We are delighted that you were pleased with overall services by our associates particularly Nouri, Buggy Driver Zul and the two restaurant staff. We take pride in the quality of service we provide, and are glad that it exceeded your expectations. I will pass your kind words of appreciation to the rest of the team who I am sure they will be pleased to hear that they assisted in making your stay a memorable one.

Many thanks for the constructive feedback on the air-conditioning systems and choices of breakfast. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming more superior at what we do.

On behalf of the team, once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back hopefully in not too distant future.