All reviews lough rynn castle friendly hosts quiet location main street lovely room stayed here for one night
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Just stayed for two nights at the Laurels B&B, I would have to recommend it to anyone staying in Mohill.Lovely room, quiet location and a great breakfast.Both the landlord & landlady are so helpful with their guests & very welcoming.Jeremy

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
keisha_cassie, Owner at The Laurels B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Hi Jeremy, Thank you for your kind comments.
It was a pleasure to meet you and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We will make that trip one day, Thank you for all the information, we may meet the "real" Funghi.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

132 rip off for 1 night and a lot of hassle.
I booked 2 nights in this b&b (28 & 29 of July) to find some peace, relax and solitude. I obviously choose the wrong place.

I had a reservation in this place for 2 nights in order to find some peace and have a weekend of relax, unfortunately I paid 82€in advance.
At my arrival at the place I've been informed that my room didn't have a shower and actually I didn't have the common shower facility, (the site or the booking confirmation didn't mention it at all)I decided not to argue as I was looking for peace. At my first visit to the toilet a lovely sign welcomed me "would guests refrain from using white towels to remove make up" (the site didn't mention that you are not allowed to use towels and just to be sure you should bring your own), for peace of mind, again, I didn't argue and I didn't touch the towels...there was no shower anyway!after 2 hours I am in the room the lady knocks at the door asking me if I was smoking, I replied that I wasn't and I had just a stick of incense, which was positioned above a pizza box in order to collect the ashes (I lit the incense in order to cover the smell of bleach in the room). During my short but too long staying I didn't lit any other incense. During the night I could ear my room neighbours peeing and the bed frame would have make a sound at every movement...no need to say I didn't sleep much. In the morning I went down for breakfast, hoping to eat something and read my book...again I choose the wrong place. For the whole time I was in the breakfast room the couple made very clear that I wasn't welcome reading a book there therefore I moved outside. The lady again was very insistent in suggesting that I would get out, maybe in a cafe where I could read my book (obviously reading your book in their bench wasn't included in the price), for peace of mind, again, I didn't argue. I tried to bring my coffee cup in the eating room while other guests were having breakfast but they were locked inside, one of the guest tried to open the door for me but it was locked! (I am not sure exactly what they were hiding or fearing...).Anyway, after I left my cup in reception I went out for 3 hours. When I came back to my room I was again startled by the knock on the door. Was the lady again, she says needs a word with me, she says that the incense burned her newly fitted carpet and that in those 3 hours I was out she has called the guy and he said it'll be 50€to fix it...(IN 3 HOURS SHE DISCOVERED THE DAMAGE, CALLED THE GUY WHO CAME AND CHECKED IT AND TOLD HER IT WAS 50€... WHAT???), I told her it was highly improbable as I used​ a pizza box to collect the ashes, which I binned in her recycling bin...she wasn't happy that I used her bin either (it wasn't ​included in the 82€ probably!). She kept insisting that I should not smoke in the room, I reminded her that I didn't, she told me that incense was like smoking! She says the carpet was brand new, I said I didn't really know as it is not my habit to check the rooms of b&b at my arrival (from now on it'll be very different). As the conversation was just getting ridiculous I put a 50€ note on the bed and then I started to fill my suitcase in order to go. In the meantime the husband shows up, she tells him I'm leaving. At this point I tell her that for 82€ someone would expect a shower to use freely if not in the room, at least a common one, and I said that nor the site or the booking confirmation mentioned it. For answer the husband's takes the 50€ note, puts it in his pocket and disappeared​. I finished packing up my stuff and left, I passed the night sleeping in my car with 132€ less and gastritis for being robbed by a very dishonest couple. I have not been refunded or received any apologies.
After this experience I'll be very reluctant in ever booking a room in a b&b again.
I give 1 star because TripAdvisor doesn't allow a lower one.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
MOHILL, Owner at The Laurels B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Hi Mary (Betty),
Thank you for your comments about your stay at The Laurels. Both Karen and I are disappointed to hear that you had so many complaints about your short stay with us. We have already instructed the independent booking agent whom you reserved your room through to give a refund for the 2nd night. Rather than try to respond to all your complaints here I would suggest that readers of this review take a few moments to read our previous guests comments and then make a decision about the "The Laurels".
I would stress that the burning of a Incense stick in any bed room is a dangerous practice, but much more so when placed on a carpet, which could endanger not only the guest but also the other people within the property.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The Laurels is very central in Mohill so is handy for any pubs & shops. My room was clean and spacious with a lovely en suite. Breakfast in the morning is a wholesome full Irish with lovely brown bread. Good value too.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
MOHILL, Owner at The Laurels B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Thank you for your kind review Conor, both Karen and I enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again when your next in Mohill.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

What a great place to stay when visiting Kangaroo Valley. Lindy and David are wonderful hosts who willingly share their charming home with guests; they have many helpful hints about things to do, places to dine etc. and great directions to all. The bedrooms are very large with extremely comfy beds, nice bathrooms, and to top it off, delicious breakfasts prepared by chef David himself. Lots of kangaroos can be seen on their lovely property...usually later in the day, but who can ask for anything more? Thanks to you, LIndy and David, for such grand hospitality.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed here at the weekend fantastic bed and breakfast in a central but quiet location in mohill,very clean facilities, lovely soft carpets, great breakfast, host's very welcoming and helpful,will stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
keisha_cassie, Owner at The Laurels B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. Both Karen and I enjoyed meeting you both.
We look forward to your next visit.