All reviews attending a wedding homemade scones lough rynn castle german shepherd next morning on arrival each morning apple tart period charm beautiful setting tea and cake beautiful breakfast very special place amazing cottage leave the car perfect stay fresh fruit
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Myself and two friends had a gorgeous girls weekend at Brooklawn and didn’t want to leave! From the moment we arrived it was clear this was somewhere special. The forest drive sets the tone and as the house and gardens come in to view, you immediately relax.

Dara’s warmth, charm and hospitality are incomparable as she welcomes you and checks you in. If she offers some of her gloriously freshly baked breads or buns, say yes (and google the recipe on her website after!)

The house is most definitely a home and Dara kindly gave us the grand tour. Every room is uniquely and tastefully decorated with beautiful antiques and quality furniturite. Outside the natural light and quietness is a sanctuary so bring your trainers, wellies and a good book to enjoy the fresh air and some time to unwind.

The beds and high quality linens are little clouds of heaven and a good nights sleep and departing feeling rested is guaranteed. If you want to experience Irish hospitality at its best then Brooklawn is a must. Best advice, book a return trip as you depart to make the transition to the real world a little easier!

Dara’a nearby restaurant/pub recommendations in Mohill were top notch but our favourite meal was in Carrick On Shannon at The Landmark Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
brooklawnantiques, Owner at Brooklawn House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Ladies,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to Brooklawn House and lovely leitrim.

Kind regards.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Brooklawn B&B is a very special place, full of character and period charm. There is a restful, peaceful quality to the house and the surroundings. This is the perfect place for a 'get away from it all' break.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
brooklawnantiques, Owner at Brooklawn House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Iris,

I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to Brooklawn House and our beautiful walks on the lough Rynn Estate. It is a wonderful place to enjoy the peace and quiet and the ideal setting for a Digital Detox weekend break.

I look forward to welcoming you back into my home in the future.

With thanks.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

This is the most amazing cottage - oozing character in a fabulous setting a few minutes from Lough Rynn Castle. The cottage is cosy, tastefully and sympathetically decorated and furnished with period pieces. It is surrounded by beautiful, tranquil gardens with a path that leads down to the lake. Josephine made us a wonderful breakfast which we thoroughly enjoyed. A very special place!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dagwen88

Thank you for your very kind review of my bed & breakfast in lough Rynn and to let you know they are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to meeting you again someday.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I've been meaning to write this review for so long now. Myself, my partner and two other couples were attending a wedding in Lough Rynn Castle and stayed in this beautiful B+B last May. I could not recommend this place highly enough. Dara, the host, was just so welcoming and really made us feel at home. Nothing was too much trouble. From the beautiful surroundings to the spotlessly clean rooms. There were even robes left out for us, along with drinks and snacks. The following day we were treated to the most beautiful breakfast and later on we had fresh fruit, coffee and scones. It was a real treat.

We loved it so much that we booked it again for another wedding we are attending next week in the castle. I did not want to miss the opportunity to experience this wonderful little gem.

Thanks again and see you next week,

Laura and Paul x

Room tip: We stayed in the old converted chapel at the back of the property, was lovely and very private.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
brooklawnantiques, Owner at Brooklawn House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Laura & Paul,
Thank you for sharing your experience with trip advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back next weekend. We will have the kettle on and the scones ready for you.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Best B&B I have stayed, very nice owner and staff,so accommodating as well,great breakfast, great bed and accomadation, food was cooked fresh, orange juice not from a carton, squeeze straight, just really can't recommend this B&B highly enough, and for the price, best out there, so if your around mohill, check it out, off the beaten track, but definitely worth checking out.
Thanks again for everything
James and Rory

Trip type: Travelled with friends
brooklawnantiques, Owner at Brooklawn House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

James and Rory,
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with me last weekend. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to our lovely leitrim and I look forward to meeting you all again some day.