Mayfair Palm Beach Resort(Gopalpur On Sea)
US$ 146
US$ 36
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
OYO 13485 Hotel New Jasmine(Cuttack)(Great Value!)
US$ 28
US$ 37
Travelocity
US$ 34
US$ 20
Seaview Resort Gopalpur(Gopalpur On Sea)
TripAdvisor
All reviewshotel requiresneeds renovationcomfortable stayminutes walking distancefamily stayrooms are bigdelicious foodlunch dinnersea beachhotel is locatedtatahospitalitywalkablerequirementslocksapproachcooperative
Reviewed 21 August 2012

It is a good property and the staff is also friendly, but the management has the tendency of cutting corners of the promised packages. So, read between the lines when booking, and insist on the assured services when there.

Room Tip: The first floor road facing rooms are good to stay in.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Gautam1952
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights. The staff here was very welcoming. As soon as I entered the hotel the receptionist was pleasant and instantly connected with my reservation. The Manager then came and introduced himself. Served me some Pepsi as a welcome drink. My room was on the 2nd floor and I couldn't locate the A/C. The staff was very prompt in attending to me and switched on the A/C. Was provided with the essentials - but do not expect the spotless bed-linen / towels or spring mattress. But it was comfortable and did the job.

Ordered dinner via room service. The Tomato Dhania shorba was good, but rest was average. The portions are Huge - can easily serve 3. So beware. But service was one of the best I have seen, clockwork like cleaning and serving of starters and main-course. This would beat any 5-star hollow. Simply outstanding service.

Had some issues with the room on the 2nd night when the A/C conked off. The staff again was very prompt in offering me an alternate room and sent across staff to ferry my luggage, but I declined as I was scheduled to check out the next morning.

The beach is about 1km away, but makes for a pleasant walk through town. The entrance is not very enticing with a slushy swamp ahead and a slum next door. Hence mosquitoes are a drawback though. There is a new Hotel coming up adjacent and am sure it would pose serious competetion to this.

Pricing is moderate - reasonable but not cheap. Bottomline: Infrastructre is a little old and worn down. But a warm and efficient staff make up for it. Best option in and around Gopalpur / Behrampur for sure.

Room Tip: Take a room on the side to avoid open view of a slum or swamp.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Aamadmo
Reviewed 10 August 2012

We stayed in this resort (i wonder why it is resort..not more than regular hotel) during mid July for 2 nights. We had a bitter experience staying here:

1) we did not like the location of this resort - it has a dingy swamp..slum area in front of it, the approach road is filthy.
2) we entered our room on the 2nd floor, the room was in bad shape..with broken sinks, chipped beds, dangling wires from the socket & no working AC
3) we changed rooms 4 times during our stay as the AC just does not work & when it works, makes a lot of noise.
4) view the room - horrible..they say sea view, but sea is nowhere to be seen, it is the slum view
5) when we complained about the AC issues, the manager blamed it on power cuts. then why charge for AC if you cannot provide it continously during the stay. We want AC to work throughout our stay & not be disturbed by the swealtering heat of this place
6) Due to AC not working & unbearable heat, i had an eye infection & just could not enjoy my vacation here & had to beg hubby from not taking my snaps with the swolen eye :( :( no doctor on call in the hotel, had to go out somewhere in Gopalpur..which we did not do..very scared to go to some random doctor on the street!!

Apart from the above, the service staff is really courteous..albeit a little short handed. 1 man handles the restaurant, room service, taking orders, serving food etc.

Ofcoarse, after reaching my home town, i called up Makemytrip & blasted them for choosing this resort for our stay & now after a month long delay..they offering me a paltry refund

Extremely dissappointed !!!

Room Tip: make urself a favour by not staying in this resort... wait for few months till the Mayfair Hotel is operational!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Madhumathi
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I visited Gopalpur On Sea with my family on 9th March'12 & I stayed in this hotel in a Suite Room for 3 nights.The hotel is a nice one in Gopalpur as well as the staffs were very helpful & the food was awesome.Service is also very fast.The only drawback is the location of the hotel.It is too far from seabeach.But at last I enjoyed a lot in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandip B
Swosti, General Manager at Swosti Palm Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We very sincerely thank you for your appreciative and very encouraging kind words of praise for our unique hotel product and services, your generous love and affection towards us is an indication of our performance and customer service is a source of inspiration to our team.

We are glad to note that you had found our hotel excellent in every respect and that you had left us with the very positive & good impression of our unique product quality and services.

You had very much liked and enjoyed our good quality & delicious food, services, etc for which Swosti Palm Resort has earned its reputation and has build its image all through the world.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Swosti Palm Resort in the near future.
Thanking you

Rajendra Kumar Puhan
Operation Manager
Swosti Palm Resort
om.hspl@mailswosti.org

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed here for four days, hotel staff are really friendly will go out of there way to please you. I wish i could expereince such staff in popular location.
Hotel has blocked open garbabge dump in front, not a pleasent expereince. Beach is dirty with people [--] in sand. To much litter and garbage.
Food - poor guys dont know how to cook, they will try most of them need a lot of trainning. The govt/council needs to put in a lot of money for the town to work as tourist destination

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family