“Amazing desert trip”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Caravane de Reve

our team! Our desert camp in Erg l'Houdi
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
our team!
Our desert camp in Erg l'Houdi
Our Office in M'Hamid
At night in Erg l'Houdi
Oone of our sleeping tents
one of the sleeping Tents inside
Having a snack, Harira - the Moroccan Soup - Yummy!
Unforgetable nights with Nomade music and bondfire
need some shade?
Camp at Chegaga
Camel ride in Chegaga
The big restaurant tent
Having fun in the 'Big Sand'!
Just beautyfull
always delicious food!
our camp from the distance
off-road adventure
:-)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Laura M
Volketswil, Switzerland
“Amazing desert trip”
Reviewed 11 April 2016 for a stay in February 2016

This was the best trip I could imagine! We drove into the desert camp with the car, there you can book a cameltour extra. Ali and his team is very friendly and communicative. The booking with Monika per email was very easy. We reserved a few days befor...

The camp is very well equipped, more than one blanket per person and a normal bed. We had our own tent for two person because of the low seaon (we did not book that). There was always fresh and local food cooked by a berber. Toilets available.

There is a lot to explore in the desert (exept cameltrip everything included): sand snowboarding, walking through the dunes, music at the fire in the evening, star watching, visiting an oasis.

The camp is placed on the other side of the dunes than all other camps so you will not hear or see anyone else! Enjoy the silence of the desert!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Albrecht...
Barcelona, Spain
“Fantastic days in the desert with best guides”
Reviewed 3 April 2016 for a stay in March 2016

We spend 3 days in the desert with Caravane de Reves. The experience itself was great and the guides, cooks and drivers treated us and especially the kids so well that we felt like at home. Food was delicious and the guides were very knowledgable about the desert and we learned a lot about local customs and culture.

Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Management Response
4 Apr 2016
Hi Albrecht,
we are all glad that you and your family enjoyed the time in the Sahara and with our team!
Many thanks Monika
LPlanetee...
Arlington, Virginia
“It's truly the caravan of dreams.”
Reviewed 24 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

I had the incredible opportunity of visiting M'Hamid and joining a wonderfully hospitable crew to spend the new years in the Sahara. I requested to book at a time when it was peak season and wasn't sure if we'd be able to make our journey with Caravan de Reve. But Monika responded to my email within hours and the arrangement was quick an easy.

There are many folks out in M'Hamid who'd be eager to sign you up for an excursion, but your experience will vary quite a bit depending on who you choose to travel with. I'm glad that we went with Caravan de Reve. From the very moment we set foot at the office in M'Hamid and met Ali, I knew that me & my brother were going to have a great adventure.

We started with a fantastic meal at the hosts' family home and took the camels to Erg l'Houdi. The camp was excellent, really great accommodation without taking away from the desert experience. It was the new years eve. The mint tea flowed, we gathered on the sand and started to get to know the crew & fellow travelers. A delicious dinner followed and afterwards we enjoyed the music by the fire. My brother and I took a walk in the dunes and it felt so surreal.

Next day we took an SUV to Erg Chigaga. We stopped on the way to admire the beautiful desert. The camp at Chigaga was absolutely gorgeous and the dunes much taller. The group only stayed until the afternoon only us and one of the crew members remained. In the early afternoon me & my brother ventured far into the dunes. We walked for hours. I can't describe how amazing that feeling was, knowing that we're many many miles away from everything, and all that was before us was mighty Sahara.

Around dusk our fellow crew was worried & we found him looking for us, we assured him that we were just wandering around. Then it was evening & the stars came out. It's easy to forget how amazing the night sky can be, and there at Erg Chigaga, you can see the milky way like no other place, and all the stars. Again we were treated with absolutely amazing dinner and sat by the fire in the quiet, drinking tea.

Next morning we were taken back to M'Hamid in an SUV, the experience from the previous days had rushed by so fast. We thanked the hosts at the office and started back to Marrakech.

Ali, his brother, rest of the hosts & Monika - thank you for a memory that us brothers will remember fondly. It was an adventure that I'd like to go on again soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
24 Feb 2016
Thank you very nuch, and we are happy that you enjoyed you stay with us!
Hope to see you agan int the Sahara!
All the best Monika and all the Team of Caravane de Rève
Arto H
Southern Finland, Finland
“Great”
Reviewed 11 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I did 8 day trek with them from M'hamid to Foum Zguid with guide and two dromedars. Experience was fabulous and I got to see extremely versatile Sahara and some real nomad life with no tourist crap (because of the reality I wouldn't recommend this for spoiled little princes/princesses.)
Saying that the guide was professional doesn't honor him enough, because he was natural born nomad so he actually lives that life. (he didn't speak english, but for me it suited well).
They picked me up from Marrakesh day before the starting of the trek (for extra money of course) so everything was very fluent and easy.
I had payed 10 days in advance for them and only used 8 days so they refunded me as promised.

Arto from Finland

Liked best: Reality
Travelling group: Solo
579kirill...
Moscow, Russia
“Perfect vacation in Sahara”
Reviewed 30 August 2015 for a stay in August 2014

Me and my friends has a wonderful days in Sahara with a trip with Ali and his friends.
Ali provide to us a perfect service with a starry night in the desert. After that we have a good trip across Marocco. He is a good man and i still remember his relationship for us (not like tourists, like his friends) very well.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing