2,547 results
All reviews wildlife park hydrotherapy suite golf club hydro pool afternoon tea spa area cork city bar food main restaurant walk in shower spa treatments relaxation room deluxe room top class relaxing break family holiday from start to finish
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

A lovely hotel we went there to wish park to see santa I had a small bite there nice goujons and chips tried a club sandwich was exceptionally exquisite and divine.The room was clean and was the biggest room I have stayed in 8 years humongous bathrooms relaxing bath nice pool and a luxury choice:-)♡

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for your kind review - I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the Wish event at Fota Island Resort, and that you had the chance to sample some of our dining options during your stay. We hope to have you back to visit again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed in Ash suite for one night on a mini moon. Could not fault the hotel one bit. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Ate in the fota restaurant. Food was excellent. The wine we ordered was not in stock so we were offered another more expensive bottle and we were charged the same as the original we had chosen.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review - I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Fota Island Resort, and that you had the chance to sample some of our fine dining options during your visit. All the best for the future, and we hope to have you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 30 June 2016

Recently stayed for two days whilst touring Ireland. The staff, hotel facilities and gold course were excellent. Very comfortable. Two things however spoilt our break here. This is a five star hotel and as such you would expect good food in the restaurant, especially at the prices charged. The meal was very disappointing. Small portions, 1 scallop in the scallop starter. The taste of the food was not good either. Secondly the hotel allows people to smoke on their balcony. This means if you are in a room above and like a window open you have to put up with smoke coming into your room. The reception did offer to move us but as we were only there for two nights is meant we would be inconvenienced not the people who smoke. With the known health risks to passive smoking the hotel need to ban smoking on the room balconies.

Room Tip: Chose a room away from a balcony room.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review - I am sorry to hear that you felt your stay with us here in Fota Island Resort was less than satisfactory, as we do take pride in creating an exceptional experience for our guests. I will look further into the issues you have described here. We hope to have you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

No urgency for baggage handling what so ever, claimed it would be 15 minutes, they never came. Did it myself!
The lobby bar was a joke, once you got a drink, they ignored you! I'm wondering if it was because with are a bi-racial couple!! Hope thats not the case, because we saw no signs of any bigotry on the rest of the island.
The physical plant was amazing, however the staff needs retraining!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
fotaisland01, General Manager at Fota Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Thank you for your review - I am very sorry to hear that you felt your stay with us here in Fota Island Resort was less than satisfactory, and I will definitely ensure to follow up regarding the issues you have described. Should you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at bcomerford@fotaisland.ie.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Fantastic web site, and the drive upto the hotel is very impressive. Hotel lobby is very welcoming.

The hotel and rooms are very tired and could do with a complete refurbishment.

Staff- well let's just say they do not deserve a job!! Asking for a Irish coffee ( and having to explain to the bar staff what it was) and then being told they couldn't make it as there Coffee machine had broken.
I told them I would go and get my kettle from the room to help out but guess what, that wasn't allowed.

so its Castle martyr from now on!!!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank lackagh

Thank you for your review - I am sorry to hear that you felt your stay with us here in Fota Island Resort was less than satisfactory. We take pride in creating a unique customer experience for our guests, and I will look further into why this was not the case during your visit with us. We hope to have you back to stay with us again soon.