4,674 results
All reviews pirate ship soft play area pizza ceiling fan crew room swimming pool plantation restaurant captains library shuttle bus wear speedos powdered milk great hotel for kids croissants kids loved the pool english breakfast great pool separate toilet
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The manager went out of his way to help us: We left our passports in the hotel safe, we were on the way to the airport already when we discovered they were there. He sent a taxi to the airport with the passports! What a job, Well done I must say. Otherwise our son loved the place, especially the pool. There were short waits for the shuttle. The breakfast was adequate, but just that. We would stay there again while visiting Disneyland Paris.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

My daughter and I loved the waterslides. The pool is creatively set up for kids, with a pirate ship in the middle and three slides for beginners right through to adults. While part of me worried about the lack of light in the pool area at night (especially since the ship obstructed views and made it possible for little ones to drown unnoticed --- that's right, no lifeguards either...), part of the thrill for me enjoying a waterslide without some pool jobsworth overmonitoring. But I do recognise the inherent safety issues. As long as you watch you your kids, you can have a blast in the pool with them, but this is NOT a place you should have the ipad/bb/book in hand --- there are safety issues and you should watch your kids. (But can I say how fun it was to enjoy un 'elf n safety waterslides??)

Rooms were clean but basic. Forget asking for a late checkout. They charge €10 per hour. Internet us lousy in the rooms --- not only do you get very few bars (or none), but they make you keep putting in passwords every few minutes. Forget getting work done via the internet.

Pizzas downstairs ok but breakfast buffet unimaginative frozen food laid out (in some cases still frozen)

TV -- only Sky news for anglos.

Pool towels -- rent for €2. Yes, you read that right... Rent, not deposit.

4  Thank Canoemum
ExplorersHotel, Sales & Marketing Assistant at Explorers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Canoemum,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay at the Explorers Hotel. Your opinion is valuable as we use it as a way to improve our services where necessary.

We were delighted to read that both you and your daughter enjoyed the swimming pool although you felt there was not enough light at night. As for safety, we can assure you that we take this point very seriously as a lifeguard is here during the peak hours to make sure all the safety rules are followed. Plus we insist that all children under 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult to have access to the swimming pool. While we do have a lifeguard we trust it is the parents responsibility to watch their children.

We would also like to thank you for pointing out the issue with the Internet connexion. You room might have been far from the wifi router, which could have explained the connexion problems. We are genuinely sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Once again thank you for your feedback. The entire team of the Explorers Hotel hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon.

Best Regards,

Jordane VERNERIE
Sales & Marketing Assistant

Reviewed 19 April 2012

We booked a 2 night break at the Explorers Hotel, we booked a crewe six room, which was very basic and compact, the fun started when we had a meal in the Marco Pizza place, the hotel is really built around kids, as the for swimming pool has slides and water gagets, as well as a climbing boat, and a soft play area called scally wags, which was for the younger children, as it had the round plastic fun balls, as well as various climbing and hide away spots, whilst we were having a drink, I spotted something out the corner of my eye, first I thought one of the coloured balls, that rolled infront on me, but to my horror it was a MOUSE, I went to reception to speak to the Manager, I was told they have no manager, I then asked for the duty manager, the receptionist went away and then came back to ask me what the problem was, I explained that I had just seen a mouse, she did not seem that botheres, as if it's was normal, she then said I needed to speack to the Restaurant Manager, I went to see him, he came over to our table to ask what the problem was I explained that I had just seen a mouse, he said where is it now, as you can imagine, he expected the Mouse to be sitting there waiting for himm to come over, I explained that in London, if this happens the Health inspector is usually called in and the premises are closed until the situation is put right, he just did not want to know, we then saw 3 or 4 of them, just running backward and forwards, by this time, other hotel guests saw them as well, One of the waitiers also saw the Mice, and told him to tell the Manager, that he had seen them as well, but nothing was done, my main concern is that the Mice were running around near the childrens faciltiles, and as you know they are vermin, and they carry all sorts of germs.
I must admit when we arrived somebody had stepped on a plastic sachet of red sauce on the main staircase, and i splatted up the wall, we arrived on the Monday Afternoon and it was not cleaned until the Wednesday afternoon, and also we had room 562, opposite the room there was a fire extingusher, somebody had left a pizza box on top, and again we stayed at the hotel for 2 days, and even when we left if was still there.

The hotel has many issues with regards to cleaning, especially in the public areas, and even thou the hotel is a 3 star, you dont expect to see MICE running around.

8  Thank Maria S

Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your comments are valuable as we use them to constantly improve our services.

We have noted that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations. We are terribly sorry for the mouse and if you felt it was not dealt correctly. Due to our location in the countryside, mice do reside in the surrounding fields and it is in our policy to have regular inspections to avoid this type of problems.

However this is not an experience we wish for our guests, and can only send our deepest apologies both to you and your family. Please be assured that pest control was called straight away the following morning.

As for your concerns regarding the general cleanliness, we can assure you that your descriptions are not reflective of our normal standards, as all public areas are cleaned on a daily basis.

May we once again thank you for providing us with your review. We do sincerely hope that you will not judge us on the basis of this particular experience and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at the Explorers Hotel.

Best regards,

Jordane VERNERIE
Sales & Marketing Assistant

Reviewed 17 April 2012

We had two 10 person rooms for 3 nights, plus one extra night for 4 of us. Would rate it more a 2/3 star based on our experience.

Reception staff not very competent - on arriving they couldn't find our booking ... 30 minutes and lots of stress later they told us that someone from our party had already checked in. Had further problems with room change for final night, in the end we insisted on speaking to a Manager ... shambolic to say the least!

Rooms very basic but clean. Beds firm, double small and had large dip in middle. Walls paper thin so don't expect to sleep in once all the kids in the hotel are awake.

Unlike the rooms the corridors were filthy. A dirty nappy bag in a corridor corner was finally cleared away after 3 days, but still no sign of a hoover.

Only one restaurant and one bar were open, drinks very pricey and bar staff very slow. We were lucky to be in a large group as the bar area has no atmosphere at all, but kids were kept occupied by ball pit, pool and games room which they seemed to enjoy.

Continental breakfast was OK, but avoid the cooked as it is just microwaved into a solid mass.

Shuttle bus to Disney was great and drops at the train station so you can get to Paris or go to the Val D'Europe shopping centre (one stop on train), which as well as shops, has a good Italian plus other restaurants, which are much cheaper than eating at Disney. There is also an Auchan supermarket which sells Disney souvenirs at reasonable prices.

Disney itself was as expected, busy and expensive. Use fastpass to reduce queuing where you can ... all tickets should have it.

All Disney Village restaurants will be busy. Don't bother with McDonalds as the queue is longer than for any of the rides. We recommend King Ludwig's Castle which has good food, fast service and is child friendly.

1  Thank GayleG261
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We have stayed in this hotel for 3 nights, arrived on the monday 2pm got our room at 3 pm. in the meanwhile kept our suitcases in a secure room operated by locks similar to a safe lock.
The hotel has a fantastic swimming pool with 3 waterslides and a pirate ship, also soft play area for small and big children. My kids age 10 and 6 had an absolute blast, and quite often asked to leave the disney park in order to go back to the hotel and play in the pool!!!! luckily the pool is open until 11pm! therefore you can still do the park and all the rides and come back to the hotel for a late play.Remember either bring towels, or use the hotel room towels as they charge 2 euros for a towel at the pool. The hotel decor, rooms, and general cleanliness are quite average, not super clean but you do get a maid service on a daily basis. Threre are no fridges in the room so avoid bringing anything that need refrigeration. I agree with other comments that the rooms were very hot, but you can use the ceiling fan. prices in the hotel are slightly cheaper than prices in disney village, and the hotel offers buffet dinner inc drinks, or lighter option of pizza chips and salads from the Marco - cafe.
We arrived with the eurostar, and just as you come out of the train station you cross the road for a free shuttle no. 54, that takes you to the hotel, about 5 minutes journey...so very conviniently situated. shuttles to and from the hotel are about every 10-15 minutes and operate until midnight.
As for breakfast I was quite impressed as it was more than your usual continental, you had selections of yoghurts, cearels, ham, cheese, cut fruit and veges, even pancakes (if you're early enough). Feel free to take some bagguttes, crossionat for the day, no one stops you and that makes things a bit cheaper.
As a whole i thought that was the perfect location great service and very excited kids.
Just a small tip, the disney restaurants are very expensive so plan for 90-100 euros spend for a family of four (planet hollywood, rainforest cafe) if you're on budget there is a McDonald in the complex.

Room Tip: lower floors, easy access to the pool, no need to wait for the lift.
2  Thank judjemental