“A Great Long Weekend Stay at The Venetian...”

The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I went to Macau for the long weekend (Sat-Mon) and stayed at The Venetian. It was just a few days after that disastrous typhoon Hato had hit Macau and Hong Kong, but fortunately, the hotel was already up and running during our visit. Not 100% yet, but the staff were very nice and friendly and made sure our stay was as perfect as possible, from check in to check out. Special thanks to Kimmy at the reception, who checked us in (and out as well) with a smile; Rose at the Concierge, who was so nice in helping us book our ferry tickets to Hong Kong; and I cannot forget to mention Eli, the staff at the West Lobby, whom when he saw me looking a bit lost, didn't just show me the directions going to Lord Stow's Cafe (opposite McSorley's), but patiently walked with me to make sure I'd find the place.

We stayed in a very nice, big room with a lovely view of the Cotai Strip. My husband and I really loved and enjoyed our room. Bathroom/toilet is huge too, with high quality fixtures. And I love my own space to put on my make up. The whole area: bedroom, living area and bathroom, is bright with lots of lights, which is a big plus for us, as this is not so common to other hotels we've stayed at before. We also loved having 2 separate large screen TVs, one in bedroom, and one in living area. At least we didn't have to fight if we don't agree on which channel to watch. Hehehe! :))

Just a minor problem though, during our stay... on our second day, I hang the 'Clean room' tag outside our door before heading down to have lunch, so that the room would be clean and made up by the time we return. I even talked to the cleaning lady, who happened to be next door, to make sure that our room would be cleaned. She even asked me to write our room number on her palm. And so we had lunch. When we went back after about 3 hours, I was so disappointed to see that the bed was still messy, the iron and ironing board is still there where I left it, and the heating kettle was still where I left it as well. The only thing cleaned was the coffee mugs and the glasses we used, and there were new pairs of slippers left on the floor. It actually made me wonder... is this really how they clean up the room? And so, I was the still the one who made up our bed. Sigh...

But apart from this slight disappointment, we still had a great long weekend stay at The Venetian. If we would come back to Macau again, we would definitely stay here again. Hopefully, housekeeping would do a better job in cleaning our room by then. Hahaha!

P.S.
Never bother to eat at the food court near the shops, food was horrible.
But I would really recommend The Imperial House Dim Sum at the ground level near the casino. The food there is really so good and yummy!

Room Tip: Choose a room with the Cotai Strip view and request one on the high floor...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheHappyCouple1989

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

World class facilities, attractions and shopping elevate the experience!

Rooms are well laid out and appointed!

Staff is friendly and capable.

Lots of good dining options.

Linked with other great Sands properties.

Top destination in Macau!

Well worth a visit.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was staying in HongKong and went to Macau for a day. The Venetian blew my mind with the amazing architecture, art and SHOPPING! There were great deals and the whole experience of walking under the false sky ceiling was beautiful. We also did the Gandola right which was pitch-perfect with an Italian guy singing love songs to us. It was all out of a dream. Please do visit. The only odd thing is that I saw a little Chinese baby pee in the artificial lake. (Eww.)

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Casino hotels are expected to be opulent and The Venetian in Macau is no exception. No expense was spared to create grandeur to the highest level that never fails to amaze guests and visitors alike. There are also numerous restaurants that cater to varying budgets, though even McDonald's here is much pricier compared to the ones outside the hotel. Our 70-sqm (regular) room was a contiguous bedroom-living room that makes the room look much bigger. The big bathroom complements the size of the room. Over-all, it is an ideal refuge for staycation or simply lounging around after a tiring day in Macau (or in the casino). What I thought was a letdown, however, were the toiletries. I think more well-known brands would be more appropriate for this property. However, I still very much look forward to another stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
CustomerCareTeam, Customer Care Team at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Dear Geronio U,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your recent “wow!” experience at The Venetian. We are thrilled to learn that you had a relaxing and comfortable experience in our spacious and well-equipped suite, especially after a full day of discovery in Macau or the casino. We are also honored to hear that you were impressed by our luxurious and amazing design of the hotel with distinctive decoration that resembles the beautiful city of Venice. We truly agree that we have multitude of stylish restaurants with irresistible international cuisine that cater varies budget.

Meanwhile, thank you for sharing your precious feedbacks on our amenities, and implementing more well-know brands in our property which are benifical to us as we are always working to provide an even better and more memorable experience for our guests.

It was our pleasure having you here, and we enthusiastically look forward to welcoming you again soon when you next visit Macau.

With warmest regards,
Priscilla Hao
Customer Care Team

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Got the opportunity to travel this great city of Macau on 24th Aug'17.
Stayed there in the Venetian Grand Macau Resort for 3 nights and 4 days.

Unfortunately, the time when the trip was planned, the Macau got affected with Typhoon and that too with a high intensity of 10.
The Whole city was severly affected and trees got fallen on the road.

We reached on the very next day the typhoon passed.
Check in was smooth. Our Stay was near South Lobby.
The Hotel is magnificent & Grand.
No words can describe it easily.
All the Hotel rooms are suite rooms.
Very big ! Nicely Maintained !
The Canal on the Level 2 is amazing.
Artificial Sky roof is also very cool.
Over all a very satisfying stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
CustomerCareTeam, Customer Care Team at The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Vineydudeja,

We are absolutely honored to be your hotel of choice in Macau, and having you to stay with us for 3 nights. We are thrilled to learn that you had a very satisfied and pleasant stay at The Venetian even after the unfortunate and extreme typhoon “Hato” in Macau. We aim to provide an unique and memorable experience to each of our guest, and it is gratifying to know that you were truly impressed by our blue sky-painted ceiling, exquisite decorations and beautiful grand canals reminiscent of Venice, as well as our spacious and well-equipped guest suites.

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review. It was our great pleasure hosting you, and we definitely look forward to being your hotel of choice when you next visit Macau.

With warmest regards,