My husband and I went to Macau for the long weekend (Sat-Mon) and stayed at The Venetian. It was just a few days after that disastrous typhoon Hato had hit Macau and Hong Kong, but fortunately, the hotel was already up and running during our visit. Not 100% yet, but the staff were very nice and friendly and made sure our stay was as perfect as possible, from check in to check out. Special thanks to Kimmy at the reception, who checked us in (and out as well) with a smile; Rose at the Concierge, who was so nice in helping us book our ferry tickets to Hong Kong; and I cannot forget to mention Eli, the staff at the West Lobby, whom when he saw me looking a bit lost, didn't just show me the directions going to Lord Stow's Cafe (opposite McSorley's), but patiently walked with me to make sure I'd find the place.
We stayed in a very nice, big room with a lovely view of the Cotai Strip. My husband and I really loved and enjoyed our room. Bathroom/toilet is huge too, with high quality fixtures. And I love my own space to put on my make up. The whole area: bedroom, living area and bathroom, is bright with lots of lights, which is a big plus for us, as this is not so common to other hotels we've stayed at before. We also loved having 2 separate large screen TVs, one in bedroom, and one in living area. At least we didn't have to fight if we don't agree on which channel to watch. Hehehe! :))
Just a minor problem though, during our stay... on our second day, I hang the 'Clean room' tag outside our door before heading down to have lunch, so that the room would be clean and made up by the time we return. I even talked to the cleaning lady, who happened to be next door, to make sure that our room would be cleaned. She even asked me to write our room number on her palm. And so we had lunch. When we went back after about 3 hours, I was so disappointed to see that the bed was still messy, the iron and ironing board is still there where I left it, and the heating kettle was still where I left it as well. The only thing cleaned was the coffee mugs and the glasses we used, and there were new pairs of slippers left on the floor. It actually made me wonder... is this really how they clean up the room? And so, I was the still the one who made up our bed. Sigh...
But apart from this slight disappointment, we still had a great long weekend stay at The Venetian. If we would come back to Macau again, we would definitely stay here again. Hopefully, housekeeping would do a better job in cleaning our room by then. Hahaha!
Never bother to eat at the food court near the shops, food was horrible.
But I would really recommend The Imperial House Dim Sum at the ground level near the casino. The food there is really so good and yummy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An all-suite integrated resort offering spacious accommodation from 70sqm with lavish facilities, enjoy world-class shopping, entertainment and dining experiences in this signature Macao Property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Prestigia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venetian Macao Hotel Macau
- Venetian Macao Resort
- The Venetian Macao Resort Hotel Macau