“Very nice!”

Ranked #46 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Perth
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

We had 2 nights at Starworld over the New Year period! Lovely hotel, very nice staff, amazing view from our room, great breakfast! Never had the need to catch a taxi in Macau due to the buses that run from casino to casino (excellent idea)! But was a bit disappointed that we got charged $4 AUD for some milk for a cup of tea! We paid approx $170 AUD per night, booked through the hotel website!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

I visit Macau several times a year - not for the gambling but for the food :-) I have tried several hotels during my many stays and still finds Starworld my all time favourite. The hotel is not huge like Venetian or the Galaxy complex and they can therefore provide a more exclusive experience. I do not have to manuover myself among the crowd like I had to when I stayed at Venetian and Wynns. Being located in the main city, I am in close access to my favourite restaurants and eateries. The hotel provides a range of shuttle buses to many locations including the new Galaxy complex. This is useful when I wish to try my luck in one of the large casinos in Cotai.
The rooms here are really spacious and can easily fit an extra bed. Try to request for a room overlooking the lake. I always book a room on the Executive floor so that I can enjoy the view and also be slightly away from the "group" crowd.

Room Tip: Book a room on the Executive Floor overlooking the Lake
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SINTraveller2002
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2011

What a fantastic hotel. Very attentive staff, amazing large rooms, scrumptious breakfast buffet, L'occitane toiletries, amazing views, swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, massive casino, free transfers, a free welcome cake and fruit basket and nearby other large casino hotels like MGM. What else can I say?! Will def be back here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank NilsP
Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was my first time visiting Macau. I think if I went back I would stay on the Cotai Strip, however when I was booking rooms, Star World offered a great price, so if you are looking to save a few dollars, this is a good choice. There was a little confusion withy my booking via Expedia since the taxes were not included and they brought the price up about 15%. I was upgraded to a premier suite, which seems to be pretty easy to do based upon other reviews.

Macau itself is geared toward mainland Chinese tourists. If you are looking for more western dining choices, i would suggest the Venetian on the Cotai strip. I felt Starworld's dining was a bit limited in choice, and walking around the surrounding area did not offer much more choice.

I do recommend making use of the free shuttle bus to their sister hotel on the Cotai strip as well as the Sands-Venetian shuttle. Its free, runs frequently and is a nice way to see some of the city.

Room was clean and nice, offered wifi, room service was great when dining options were limited.

Room Tip: Try for an updgrade, they seem to be easy to get and included a free breakfast.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank spinkid
PARIS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

Being a regular vistor (well gambler would be more accurate) of Macau I had never tried the StarWorld. I decided to correct that, as I like the StarWorld casino (it’s one of the most prestigious casino in the city) and I am always seduced by the models with their high heels boots at the entrance! (hey I’m just a man)
The main problem of the starworld is its bling bling aspect. I like the outside design the cube of various colors. I think it’s quite innovative.
The inside design is more boring, it’s just bling bling, and it’s not really good taste.
I don’t like the corridor design, and I don’t like the room design.
However I must admit the room is very comfortable, even though if mine had a strange smell, the quite of smell that make you want to open the windows for an hour or two, but strangely here its not possible to do so : )
I was in the executive floor (the top 3 or 4 floors) and the view is breathtaking.
It must be on the best view possible in Macau.
As I had book two rooms for me & my friends, I could view from above the pool (towards Grand Lisboa) and on the other side (river , bridge and airport view).
Both views were excellent.
Otherwise nothing to write home really. This hotel design is not my style, I think it will please more the Chinese clients than the European clients…
Ah thumbs up to StarWorld for having free internet! It’s so rare in Macau!
The swimming pool is tiny and not very deep, but it offers a spectacular view. Don’t miss it.
If you don’t mind the style, StarWorld is a good option because of :
- Its view