Pousada de Mong-Ha
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Macau
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewseducational restauranthomemade jamsferry terminalquiet locationdeluxe roomyogurtfree shuttlevisit macaubuffet breakfastcotai stripinstituteiftstudiedtaxiinstitutionfortressmop
Reviewed 25 June 2012

this is my third trip and people ask me why i choose a hotel off the track without a pool, i just say 'try it for yourself'
This is a retreat. if you need to unwind, come in. Friendly service from willing staff at a very reasonable price.My wife and I always take the suite and eel at home here

Room Tip: book a suite, you will not regret it
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johnsnelgrove
Reviewed 24 June 2012

All the other reviews have raved about the wonderful service you get from this hotel, which I will attest to. The students really go out of their way to help you and make your stay problem-free. I loved the free cookie in the room (it was yummy!) and the choice of either soft, medium or firm pillow. Book early though, since they're often fully booked months in advance. Fortunately for us, we traveled from Wed to Saturday so we were still able to book a deluxe room last March (stayed here June). I booked via their website, and was in touch with them via email (all emails are promptly replied to) prior to my arrival.

During the check-in, they asked for a deposit to cover incidentals, which was charged to the card, but it was promptly returned to my card after a week following check-out. Didn't have any problems, unlike my previous stay in another hotel in Macau, wherein I had to wait for a refund for about two months!

The breakfast was good, the green tea muffin is a must-try. They had a shuttle for outbound trips only (3 trips per day), we took a cab back to the hotel after seeing the sights. The hotel is a little bit far from most tourist spots, and finding a taxi to take us back to the hotel during the afternoon rush hour was a challenge.

I had a very quiet and relaxing stay and will definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in Macau!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe! For only 100 MOP more, you get a much bigger room and a better bathroom!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank chuvalooh
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Having spent my first night in HK, was keen to get across to Macau and experience a bit of that before the room rates shot up for the weekend. As it turned out, I timed it terribly as Friday was a Chinese public holiday, but Pousasda had availability for the Thursday night at a very reasonable rate of 70MOP and seeing as it was held in such high-esteem by my fellow Tripadvisors, couldn't resist checking it out for myself.

Armed with the directions from their website, I stubbornly decided to make my own way there on the bus and would heartily advise just about everyone else against doing the same. The directions aren't great (actually, probably ought to write my own and send them as a suggestion), but with taxis in Macau being quite reasonable, I'd have saved myself a lot of time and hassle had I taken one and not ended up missing their evening shuttle as well.

The Deluxe Room I was allocated was more like a small suite, with an entrance area (where the in-room PC was situated) that led to the impeccably made bedroom and shower-room, of which I've uploaded photos.

Having missed the shuttle, decided not to miss out on Happy Hour and so headed up to the Educational Restaurant for a surprisingly good Macau beer and an excellent Mojito. As I was there, decided to stay for dinner and had the delicious “balichao” tamarind pork with pressed rice Macanese option. Mildly annoyingly, having been given the dessert menu, settled on the crepes suzette, only to then be told that it wasn't available. D'oh!

Slept brilliantly, breakfast was good selection and delicious and then (as advised) checked out in good time to make sure I was ready for the shuttle that would leave promptly at 10:00. Only it didn't, because someone who wanted to get it didn't try to check out until the shuttle was due to leave and then there was apparently some issue with the printer (or so I later overheard the couple say, not that they bothered to apologise). Was somewhat annoyed at the delay seeing as I'd been advised / warned, more so when it had the knock-on effect of me missing two more shuttle buses and not getting to do the bungy that was my main reason for visiting Macau. Fortunately, I'm over that now as I got to do it (twice) the following day.

I can see why the Pousada has been so popular with other guests, even if my experience wasn't quite as it might have been. The staff were very good, very polite, very well-informed. I'm quite a low-maintenance guest, but am loathe to call them over-enthusiastic. I think that they are just trying to find their feet in their chosen profession and from the conversations I heard other guests having, they certainly appreciated their attentiveness. Maybe I'm just not quite as old already as I feared I was!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank WWEGuy
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This was a great hotel for a visit with our son, his wife and our 5 month old grandson. The staff is very accommodating and had a crib all set up for the baby. I was a little disappointed that the restaurant was not open on the weekend. It is a teaching/training hotel and restaurant, but the tourism industry doesn't stop on weekends. Part of learning to work in the tourism industry is that you work on Saturday and Sunday because that is when many visitors travel. I also thought the fountain areas in the hotel could have been enjoyed by guests if chairs and tables were provided. This would have been a great area for our family to sit and visit. The breakfast was excellent, but we were almost done before they asked us if we would like eggs cooked to order.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank susnee
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My hubby and I were both very impressed with their great customer service. All the staff are very kind and helpful. The room is very nicely decorated and equipped with all the basic necessity. The facilities in the room are even more complete than many 5 stars hotels. Do you ever find any standard room equipped with a desktop with wifi connectivity? This is the only one!
Beside this, they are also very considerate to give you an option on your favorite pillow. There is a small note on the bed written " In order to ensure you can enjoy your sleep during your stay, we have prepared 3 types of pillow for your choice, 1. The feather pillow (soft) which is on the bed. 2. The sponge pillow (medium soft) which is located in the wardrobe. 3. The sponge pillow (hard) on your request.
During the breakfast, my hubby feedback to the waiter that the salami tasted rotten, they immediately removed it from the service table and checked. It showed that they accepted and take the guest's feedback seriously.
The only negative point is the location. It's located on a hillside and far from the tourist attractions. Hence, the public transportation is hardly reach to their door. The only option you have is to take a taxi ride. If you take a bus, be prepared to hike for a short distance. :-)

Room Tip: I don't see a lift in the hotel, so if you prefer not to climb the staircase, you can request for the rooms located at the ground floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple