“Good accomodation with excellent service”
Review of Pousada de Mong-Ha

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macau
Pousada de Mong-Ha
Ranked #23 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Beautiful and wonderful hotel managed by friendly students of the Institute for Tourism Studies. Rooms are great and comfortable and away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It's just a 5 minutes walk up the hill to Pousada. The hotel is surounded by green foliage and parks. Rooms are limited so remember to book early.

Enjoyed our 4 nights peaceful and comfortable stay. The breakfast were good with an acceptable spread.

Free shuttle are provided but booking with reception are necessary. Public transportation are easily available and about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Eateries and shops are also 10 minutes walk and 3 streets away.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pggenius
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pousada de Mong-Ha

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The student staff was exceptionally helpful and the hotel area has nice Portuguese design and decor. On a quiet hilltop a bit far from the historic center, but some shuttle service is provided and taxis are cheap. You won't even know the casinos are there. Excellent Macanese cuisine is served in their fine dining room. Best for those interested in the history of the city not the gambling.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank benbenton
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My fiance booked this Pousada after seeing rave reviews here on tripadvisor. And again, we are glad we went with following advice on here.

I love that Pousada de Mong Ha is located far from Taipa's avenue of casinos and the peninsula's busy centre of malls and shops. When we're looking for accommodations, we want best service and great food. This Pousada provided us with both and even went beyond our expectations.

The room package we chose came with a breakfast buffet and I must say that the buffet we had was not too extensive but it was the best I've had in years! From the homemade jams to the salads, I felt like I was at home and eating comfort food. :)

They only had 20 bedrooms available so do book fast! It wasn't really the nicest, most glamorous bedroom and bath. But it will do, for a quick trip in Macau. I also loved that they provided free wi-fi access along with a desktop computer. Haven't used a desktop PC in years, but having great internet connection was a nice surprise for our stay.

We also had lunch at the Educational Restaurant nearby. I guess some people who try this restaurant expect to have professionals serving them. But, I have to say that you should lighten up! They are all students. While they may not be giving you perfect service yet, they are training and I believe I have experienced even worse service at non-educational restaurants. The attendant serving us dropped my soup spoon, but we found the situation pretty funny instead. After that, it was the senior attendants that started tending to our needs. I can say it was still a pretty neat experience. And the food was awesome, too! Do try their bacalhau and their dessert buffet!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank imcv
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Staffs are friendly and helpful,and room is clean and comfortable. It's some distance away from town center but I didn't find that a problem. If the free shuttle bus provided does not suit your time, you can always take public buses which are frequent and places of attractions are easily accessible by them.

When i leave the hotel, i dropped my neck pillow and only noticed it when i reached the airport. I called to enquire and they were actually trying to contact me but I only left them with my home phone number. I asked if they could send back the pillow to me and they assured me they will. In addition, they would take care of the delivery fees. They kept me updated with status of the delivery and emails sent are promptly replied. The pillow holds sentimental value for me and I couldn't thank them enough for sending it back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CheowYuen
Reviewed 16 April 2012

This hotel is a little gem that is so different from other luxury chain hotel in Macau. Some may find location is a problem as it's not central located to the main attractions in Macau. Yet, if your travel purpose is for relaxation and experience the real Macau, this pousada is definitely your best choice.
The only thing troubles me is the size of washroom...it's really too small.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple