1,356 results
All reviews ferry terminal star world reasonable hotel palace casino walking distance strategic location family room place to sleep other hotels lisboa hotel macau peninsula free shuttle senado square lobby area key card spacious room hotel guests
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

Hotel room was big enough for 4 of us but there are small cockroach running on the wall. Sound proofing of wall was not that good, u can hear noises from the corrider. Surrouding there were not many eatery shop but u are surrounded by many top class casino.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the emperor for 3 days last sept 6 until the 9th. Rooms were adequately sized but musky smelling and dusty. If you have allergic rhinitis from dust, i would suggest to look somewhere else. Staff wasnt particularly helpful with foreigners especially when hailing for a taxi. The walls were thinly insulated and you can hear the conversations from the next door. The mobile hotspot device is a nice touch especially when finding your way around the city. Conveniently located in the middle of the city where shops and casinos abound. Price is a bit steep for a 3star hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Rannel C
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Excellent experience. The location is perfect. You can easily find a lot of restaurants and casinos near by this hotel. Room attendants are nice. Mini bar is free of charge. Continental breakfast in the lounge is just fine.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stayed for one night and booked the room through Agoda. Since the room was booked for a Sunday night, the price was reasonable.

However, upon checking in, one of the GSA (guest service agents) mid-checking in, picked up a phone call and then abruptly passed me on to another GSA to check in on his behalf without much explanation. I personally thought that was really rude.

The room itself was alright. I noticed the shower curtain was moldy and there were pen marks / black spots on the sheets and bedding. One of the most mind-boggling thing I noticed in the room was a sign that read that our hotel room was worth $6000 (MOP) per night. That's a joke, like... why did they fill the need to put that up there? and personally, not worth $6k.

Also, the wi-fi was very unstable. I had to rely on the hotspot from the mobile phone the hotel provided in each room, thank goodness for that.

When I went to check out, the lady who did all the procedures did not say a word, did not look me in the eye at any point and then just threw my credit card slip on the table. I was so confused but thank goodness I worked at a hotel before so I knew what that slip was for (pre-authorizations to hold your CC if anything happened). This encounter with her was the worse. She wasn't wearing a name tag so I can't tell you who she was but seriously? never going back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Belicia W
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Pros:

- Great location. Walking distance to to other nearby hotels.
- Most spacious room during my Asia trip
- Walking distance to Star World. Walk over there and catch free shuttle to Galaxy Macau Resorts. This is where all the nice hotels and shops are located over the other side of the bridge in Macau. Think of the these as the main hotels on the Las Vegas strip.
- Mobile phone (Android OS) provided. Didn't use it much, Forgot to see if I could tether to it,
- Left my chargers and converter for my phones when I left. They kept it for me and I was able to return 2 days later to retrieve it. Bonus star for this.

Cons:
- First night they gave me a smoking room. I thought I requested s non-smoking room. The smoking room was putrid. Next day they gave me the non-smoking room. It was a bit better, however, it smelled like people smoked there as well :(
- Room was a bit outdated. May need a refresh.
- Mainland China people talked loud in the lobby area. My people can be so obnoxious. You don't need to scream into your phone when talking...Sheesh!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family