All reviews portuguese food sea view the bus system jacuzzi tub bacalao nice balcony cod fish hong kong a lovely stay great pool rooms are comfortable bus stop family room casino hotels highly recommend this hotel egg tarts bus service
Reviewed 13 March 2018

It is slightly remote, bus don't go there directly (you have to walk down the hill).
However, a beautiful view overlooking the shore, with a bit of sea breeze and beautiful sunset, its all worth it.
The food is great, we have Pastéis de Bacalhau and some other snacks. Great place!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Pousada C, General Manager at Pousada de Coloane Beach Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Shirley C

Thank you for staying with us and above all for your kind words about our hotel.
We hope to see you again very soon.

regards

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I will start with the positive which is the staff and the position overlooking the beach! Sadly the hotel is very difficult to find, the information desk at the airport didn't have any information and nobody I asked had ever heard of it. It is tucked away on the far side of the island, which I finally found after three buses, a taxi which went in the opposite direction and a walk down a long hill then up the hill to the hotel entrance. I was only staying one night on a stopover with my flight from Philippines to Chengdu, so the main thing I was looking forward to was a nice hot bath. The bath looked very fancy, big enough for two, even though I was on my own, this was fine but after it took an hour to fill, the water was not that hot, I had to have a quick wash then get out quickly, also all the fancy knobs indicating a spa bath did not work, I tried them all, there was a noise as if it was working but nothing was happening. The breakfast was not what was stated on the menu, the sausages were hot dog sausages, there were no beans, the bread was dry, felt as if it was defrosted in the microwave and the butter was frozen. The staff were friendly enough and good at their job apart from the man on the desk at check out. I asked for information on buses to the airport and he didn't know, surely it is the job of the hotel reception to be able to give instructions on how to get there and how to get to the airport after? Anyway I discovered you catch the 21A bus from Cheoc Van Beach (which is up the hill from the hotel) to Coloane centre then the 26 to the Ferry terminal then the MT10 to the airport. He did tell me about the 21A! I got the feeling that because I was there out of season, that they weren't that prepared for anything! You could hear the people next door quite clearly, I was lucky that the hotel was quiet with not many people staying there at this time, othersie I think it would have been much noisier!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AngelaL5
Pousada C, General Manager at Pousada de Coloane Beach Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Ms. Angela
We are truly disappointed to hear that we fell short of expectations in multiple aspects of your experience with us. We know how critical it is to exceed our guest’s expectations and we work very hard at Pousada de Coloane in trying to do just that. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you and discuss your experiences further. Please reach out to me directly at verafernandes@hotelpcoloane.com.mo. I look forward to hearing from you.

best regards

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Loved the hotel, dug into a mountain overlooking the sea. So nice and chilled, reminds you a bit of some good old Macau history.

Pool was pretty nice, just too cold to go in. Accessible by bus easily or taxi, but a good 15-20 min ride away so don't stay if you want to be near the entertainment.

The room we booked came with a balcony and a nice big tub. Will definitely be back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much, dear guest A B! We are so thrilled to read your review. Wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your kind words on our location, pool, balcony and bathtub. We greatly look forward to welcoming you back to Pousada de Coloane.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 December 2017

when you build a hotel as far as that, make sure your guest can charge their phone. in the room. not at the reception. in the goddamn room. It's absolutly incredible to have a front desk answering you "please leave your phone with us, we will charge it for you" HOW CAN WE MAKE EVENING PLANS WITHOUT OUR PHONE CHARGED.

also, room is dirty, terrace is dirty, bathroom, guess what, dirty.

terrible.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Denis S

Dear Mr. Denis

best regards

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We had a nice family getaway. Perfect if you wish to escape HK busy city life and avoid the casinos, great if you enjoy being outside and like Portuguese food. The staff were very friendly, and the General Manager went out of her way to ensure we all were well taken care of.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Nidia,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Pousada de Coloane,
We are very grateful for your feedback about your experience.
We appreciate your positive comments about our location, staff and myself.It is kind of you to speak so highly of the friendly, attentive service you enjoyed from our team.

Myself and the team hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards