“Amazing Food and Service but you do pay for it.”

Yamazato Japanese Restaurant (Hotel Okura Macau)
Reserve with OpenTable
Yamazato Japanese Restaurant (Hotel Okura Macau) is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 976 Restaurants in Macau
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: The Okura's signature restaurant - Yamazato Japanese Fine Dining serves sushi, famous Kaiseki meals and the seasonal seafood. Yamazato signifies a blend of the gracious Japanese tradition and modernity. Located on the 28th floor of the hotel, the restaurant offers breathtaking view of Galaxy gardens and Macau. Private Dining Room: 1 Room - Maximum capacity 12 Seats
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Let me qualify this, by saying that I thought I was taking my kids to a reaonably priced teppanyaki restaurant. I became suspicious of my mistake when we went to the 28th floor of the Okura Hotel in the Galaxy complex, where btw is one of my favorite dim sum restaurants for a Sunday lunch as well.
The staff seemed mainly Japanese, and spoke perfect English, as we were shown to a corner table, over looking the Galaxy swimming pool complex.
We were given a fried piece of salmon in a light vinegar, as an amuse bouche. We then had some of the semi fatty toro. If this melt in the mouth was semi fatty, tyhe fatty toro, must simply dissole in the mouth, but the HKD400 price tag was far more bearable than the HKD1200 alternative.
Then an amazing piece of Austalian Wagyu, medium rare. The sauce was wonderful as well, and the 150g serving is just enough for 6 good pieces.
The kids than had Berkshire pork, with a wonderfully soft, soup soaking inaniwa noodle, and the same pork with rice and a Japanese egg. A liitle bit less on the onion, and the rice would have been top notch, but still both were very good.
I then had the assorted tempura, which had 3 prawns, a small peice of fish, and quite a few vegetables. This is what Ingagiku tempura used to be like, light, non oily, and full flaavor.
The kids evem said that the orange juice was some of the best they tasted.
Overall great meal, but at HKD2.5k not really something for the kids, and we were ever so looking forward to teppanyaki, where there was none.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank hit16

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

A complete surprise, real Japanese food high quality, best sushi and sashimi, and a great service. Later tempurá of shrimp and some hot dishes, one better than the other. One Michelin star, deserved! Repeated next evening with same results!!! Will certainly go back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

A must place to go if you want to try authentic high quality sushi, tempura and wagyu prepared by master chef Akira from Kyoto Okura who insists on preserving the formal Japanese full course dining with the finest ingredients and his unique creation and craftmanship. Opt for the tasting menu to experience a fine Ryori juorney at this part of the world. You will be surprised to discover some new elements and ingredients that delight your palate. The attendants are knowledgeable and fluent in English and so they can explain every course and the sake that goes with it.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Best Japanese food restaurant in Macao. Not cheap but reasonable price. Lunch set is also recommended .

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2018

I want there on Sunday morning around 1 p.m. and it seems full, I asked if we could come back later as we just lived in Okura, you may call me if it is available, but they insisted all are fully booked. I then went down to 6/F-Executive Lounge to see if they could make a difference. Then, they said they could had a table by 2pm. We were so glad for this and think we have a lucky day. But when we gone up by 2, the restaurant only occupied by very few people, at least 70% seats were empty. Wondering whether they want to do business. ???
The food is ok, but I get spolite because of this.

Date of visit: February 2018