“A comforting hotel”
Review of Grandview Hotel

Grandview Hotel
Ranked #57 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 6 April 2012

For our 1st time in Macau, we had no idea about this hotel the travel agency gave. But this this is an awesome comforting hotel :)
Located in Taipa, near to Macau International Airport and the hotel offered free shuttle bus to and from Macau harbour made us easy to go anywhere such as Venetian, Galaxy, Senado square etc. Room is neat and the bathroom is clean (like what we need when travelling)

Two thumbs up.....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The hotel is convenient in Taipa, closed to public bus stops. Newly refurnished. However, the bathroom sewage system is not good.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2012

The room booked on booking.com was of premier category. I was stunned when i was informed that we were upgraded to executive room without an request and suspect whether thats the way to impress the guest. To access rooms beyond 16th floor, you require to swipe your room key in the elevator- which is double security.

Hotel has shuttle service to Macau Pier but not to airport though both are at almost equal distance. Pickup from pier was smooth. The driver or bell boy dont help you with your luggage.
Rooms are old but maintained well. Nothing much impressive though. The Hotel management does not provide more than two sachets of sugar/tea/coffee in one room per day and charge for additional sachets, so please be prepared.

For Indians, enjoy your food at Indian Garden Restaurant which is just 10 minutes walk from the hotel, no need to hire a taxi. But if you are returning from Venetian or Galaxy, ask your taxi driver to drop you at this restaurant and walk down to hotel after dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaurish D
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Booked this hotel via Expedia for a business trip to Macau. I got a good deal of around $88 for one night on a weekday. For the price and the room quality I would say it was quite good. I got to the hotel via a taxi cab from the airport and it cost about MOP $33. Some taxi don't want to take me there I am not sure why maybe it is too near or they don't think they can get a passenger on the return trip? The room quality is what I would consider 4 star quality. I book the room as a non-smoking one and when I reached the reception, I politely ask again for a non-smoking room just to remind her. She went to her computer and told me that I was getting an upgrade. I don't think I did get any really upgrade on the room size since I think the room size is pretty the same but I think I got a better location as I was on the 17th floor, so there was an added security on the elevator where I got to insert my card before I can access the upper floors. The room is the deluxe premier which was a bit better than the premier room I originally book.
They told me that there was some construction going on around some floors but I never really heard of the noise. All the basic amenities that I do see from a 3 star or 4 star hotel is what I saw on the room. The bed is quite good, not too hard and not so soft. The room seems to look really clean and decent as well. I think being on the upper floors also made it more quiet and so it was a great plus and probably the rooms are a bit newly refurnished.
As for the location, I think this hotel serves it purpose for me and others who are booked to join some tours. But if you intend to visit Macau and travel to most of the tourist destination this might not be the best location for your stay.

Room Tip: ask for a non-smoking room politely and they sometimes give you upgrade rooms