Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central
US$ 516
US$ 394
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Hotel Lisboa Macau(Macau)(Great Value!)
US$ 280
Good 3.5/5
  • Restaurant
Excellent 5/5
1,615 results
All reviewsother hotelsihg membercotai centraldreamworks charactersyum chafree shuttlefood courtlobby loungeferry terminalgrand orbitshopping mallnon smoking roomking bedhong kongin room diningsuperior roomlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stay here for one night during the big promotion period.It's good to get a room at around 1330 since all hotels on Macau starts check in at 1500. Quite a lot of guests waited for check in and the time we waited for 10mins whick was absolutely acceptable. Nice room on 20th floor and everything was fine and new. I would recommend this hotel to everyone especially you are looking for a 4 star hotel with good price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank babeeee
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department head, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write to us after your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central

Reviewed 29 June 2012

Was booked into the Holiday Inn Cotai for 2 nights because the Conrad Cota (same building, stacked on top of HolidayInn) was full.

Very impressed on checking in. New, shiny, large room, 42in LCD TV. modern bathroom. Did not feel like a typical Holiday Inn at all. Perfect if I was on vacation.

Unfortunately let down by very expensive(approx USD30/day) and extrremly poor internet connections (wired or wifi) in the room. Desk was also a bit too small for my liking as I needed to work in the room.h

Check-out experience was such a nightmare that I wished it was a typical HolidayInn where speedy checkout is the norm. It took them almost 30mins to process my checkout. The staff insisted that I pay cash for the ferry ticket (Macau-HongKong Airport) instead of charging to the room bill. I had to get the front desk manager to explain to the staff that the ferry tix payment service is part of what Holiday Inn provided for its guests. Even after that, they got the bill wrong. No apologies for the mistakes was given. Thus, to express my dissapointment, I insisted that the manager waive the service charge for my 2nd night stay. It was not a significant amout, but that was the only way I could get the hotel to take notice of the service lapse.

Room Tip: Stay in another hotel, where staff & management are better trained.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Lance-Travellot
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience of recent stay. It allows us to identify area to continually improve our service and facilities.

We are concerned to learn of the check-out service experience you have encountered, in particular the ferry ticket posting. We have discussed these matters with our team and necessary steps are taken to avoid similar recurrence.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back at Holiday Inn Macao Cotai Central in the near future.

Ernest Cheng
Director of Operations

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here from 17 June to 18 June. The resort is not open in its entirety.

The lift lobby on our floor was too dark for our liking. The room was good size but smaller than The Venetian and also smaller than Holiday Inn Zhuhai, though the bed was good size. The TV is a 16:9 flatscreen LCD but does not offer any HD channels, not even a free terrestrial one.

Internet in the room costs $160 for 24 hours. I can get free access at Kempinski Chengdu and Sands Marina Bay Singapore! It is irritating and irrational they charge you like this. You can get free internet access in the lobby. But be warned there are mosquitos in the lobby!

Food in the resort is generally expensive, but you can join as their member and then get cheaper offers.

The pool in the hotel is not big but nice and staff are generally helpful and friendly. But the whole place is underwhelming. Nothing to write home about. If you have to stay in Cotai, head back to the Venetian. Don't stay here unless you have a good deal.

Room Tip: Go back to the Venetian.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I checked in on late Sunday night and stayed 1 night in our upgraded king size bed hotel room on the 33rd floor. I purchased the online offer from the hotel website for free breakfast, 500hkd coupon, and return ferry tickets to Hong Kong. The good part about the stay: new hotel, good pillows (you can choose soft or firm) very quiet floor, and access to Conrad hotel's Grand Orbit restaurant for international buffet, access to Conrad Hotel's Bohdi Spa. The service was fine, only dislike would be the sign confusion in the lobby, and lack of English speaking staff in the concierge. Overall, the stay was better than I expected and I give it a four star rating.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Macau Cotai Central. The Holiday Inn is a part of a massive development which encompasses a Conrad and a yet-to-open Sheraton. The hotel is located opposite the Venetian and Four Season Macau and adjacent the 'City of Dreams' which houses the Grand Hyatt, The Hard Rock Hotel and 2 other hotels. Staying at the Holiday Inn hotel gave me access to a number of shopping, dining and gaming options all within walking distance of each other.
The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service from the ferry terminal and airport at regular intervals. The front desk at the hotel is super efficient. Despite my stay over a busy weekend my check in and check out barely took a few minutes. The house keeping of the hotel is very good. The hotel has many dining options. The food and presentation at the much hyped Dynasty 8 restaurant was below expectation. The service was however prompt. I had breakfast at the Xin restaurant and it was an average buffet. The egg station ran out of cheese and to my amazement the chef did not make an effort to call in some supplies. I had my omlette without cheese! The hotel lacks personalisation. In my reservation, I had asked for wine glasses to be placed in my room. Despite the instruction available with the hotel, the wine glasses were not in my room. Soon after I checked in I called in for tea bag sachets of Darjeeling or English breakfast tea. The replenishment never had these options available. I had to call in for my choice of tea every time. There is no system of tracking guest preferences at the hotel. The room is basic. The pillows are uncomfortable. The shower experience was bad due to inadequate water pressure. My expectations for good service was high as the rates of the hotel were comparable to other five star options where I would expect a high level of service. There was much to be desired in the overall experience. Poor value for money for a brand like Holiday inn which screams VFM.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo