“a favourite little local”
Review of Mexicana - CLOSED

Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Fantastic little Mexican restaurant with a nice atmosphere, been coming here for years and hasnt change, nor does it need to. Staff while not overly chatty are attentive and helpful. Great fish and shrimp fajitas and the frozen margaritas are excellent

Reviewed 27 May 2013

good to go with friends for some margeritas and some mexican food.
the food is nothing to write home about but since its the only mexican place in macau, its the place to go when u r craving for mexican food. service is ok and the margeritas are very good even though quite expensive

Reviewed 5 May 2013

I'm from Milwaukee and we have a sizeable Hispanic community. Mexican food (both traditional and TexMex) is plentiful, delicious, and inexpensive. Often when I travel abroad, I seek out at least one meal that brings me the comfort of home. This place hit the spot and more. Chips & salsa were served immediately upon sitting down. The chips were thick, crispy, and lightly salted...just like those served at the best restaurants back home. The salsa was certainly not from a jar. Full of fresh tomatoes, onions, and cilantro...excellent and made fresh...likely that day.

We shared the tortilla soup. Good stuff...spicy but not excessively so. My friend had the Grande Burrito which was huge just as billed. The beef strips were cooked & marinated perfectly. I had the veggie/mushroom fajitas...EXCELLENT flavor! The marination on the vegetables was superb and the flour tortillas were warm and soft...maybe from a bag but very good nonetheless.

What an excellent diversion from eating Chinese food for two weeks! As another person commented, if I lived in Macau, I would eat here at least once a week...maybe more! A+

Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Food selection is so so. Recently they increased the price.

Overall is worth visiting as there is not much non Chinese food restaurants in taipa area.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Regardless I rated as "good food, good service", overall this reaturant is average to me. I went to Mexicana with some friends, 5 in total, and as soon as I saw the menu I remain a bit worried. Every single page of the menu had a "not available" red sticker. Then I though: what are we going to eat? Finally we understand that were some dishes available but the signature ones were "not available". However we were able to order the important ones: fajitas, quejadillas, tacos and nachos. Let's say that the dishes are a bit pricey for the variety available (none!). However the taste is very good. And so the margheritas. We drank two jugs of strawberry margheritas. For 2 jugs of margheritas plus 5 dishes (5pax.) stayed for 220MOP per pax. But in the end a good meal, is what really matters.