Galaxy Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,773 results
All reviewswave pooldiamond lobbycrystal lobbygrand resort deckfree mini barartificial beachman made beachfood courtother hotelsroyal suitetaipa villageshuttle busamazing hotelcakethe banyan treehong konghotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Was not impressed with this hotel from the time we checked until the time we left. We were herded like cattle everywhere we went, whether it was at check in (took hours to finally get in the door of our room); lining up for a bus... or check out! The hotel was full and the staff appeared to be quite frazzled and stressed. I never saw a manager in sight. Their offices were obviously far too cosy. Have also noted that they do not respond to the feedback offered by customers on Trip Advisor. This shows the level of arrogance that you will be sure to experience at this hotel. I regret staying there and WOULD NOT do it again, nor would I recommend it. I am angry that my many hours of research on the interrnet saw me paying a hefty price at this tacky, Chinese gambler-geared and cheesy hotel. This place will age quickly before the next best thing comes along in Macau...Also, I need to add that I agree with everything said by the previous reviewer. There was a lot of rain on one day whilst we were there and there were no umbrellas in the room and I did not want to join a 45 minute queue to ask for one. Staff also did nothing in terms of going out of their was when we came back drenched....Finally, bathroom products were gross and cheap! On a more positive note, the wave pool is now open and it is fantastic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Dear jojoooshka,
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at Galaxy Macau. We value your feedback as it helps us in enhancing and developing the service we provide to our guests. We acknowledge that there are aspects of the operation where need to make changes in order to improve the overall guest experience. We hope to welcome you again to demonstrate to you the products we offer that match to our reputation.

Sincerely yours,
Nathan Yu
Guest Care Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Magnificent hotel, but it lacks the basic thing - service.

It was pouring very heavily, and there was no sheltered route from the bus stop to the hotel. I had to run to the hotel, all drenched. There were a lot of staff standing by, but NONE of them approach me to see if I need help, or at least point me to the washroom. Perhaps I was unlucky, but for the first few washroom that I went to, the hand dryers were spoilt. There is also no shops in Galaxy that sell clothes for me to have a change, without being too upscale. When I came out of the toilet, staff and other guests were staring at me. I wish at least one of the staff can point me to a working dryer, or at least asked if I need help or a towel.

Rooms are alright. Expensive, but location is good. Opposite galaxy is the old village, so there is a lot of great local food.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Danny O
galaxymacau, Manager at Galaxy Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for posting your review. I am so sorry that you were not properly assisted by our team member. We thrive to make our guests feel welcomed at all times and obviously we have failed this time with you. Please accept our apologies and do reach out to me should you wish to discuss this further. I can assure you your comments are being dealt with and we hope to welcome you back soon.Sincerely yours,

Nathan Yu
Guest Care Manager
Email: nathan.yu@galaxyentertainment.com

Reviewed 22 March 2012

Booked the Galaxy for 1 night with family and friends for a celebration trip.

As it has been a few years ago, I wanted to see the Cotai strip and all of its new hotels and casinos. And we were amazed by all the glitz and glam it offered. Hotels in the area were amazingly large in size and the shuttle bus system connecting hotels, harbours and tourist spots with each other is genius and very convenient.

Main entrance had a wow-factor with the crystal fountain changing colors every moment. Check-in at the Galaxy went chaotic and was too long, no smiles or courtesy gestures in between.
Rooms:
Rooms are of a good size with a nice bathroom, interior had a luxury feel with a comfortable bed. We had our rooms on the 30th floor with an okay view. Lots of rooms with long hallways, might feel a bit impersonal as everything is so massive.
Facilities:
The big Skywave pool was closed due to maintenance and winter season (such a shame!). The other pool was of good size with comfortable temperature to swim in even during colder days. As we stayed only 1 night we didn't have time to visit the other facilities, but they looked promising.
Restaurant had a nice breakfast buffet, with a good spread and selection.
Just outside the hotel was of course the casino - which we only walked pass, but also many stores and restaurants to enjoy. On the other side of the hotel were the shuttle buses stationed to drop you off to nearly every location nearby.
Cons:
we had several issues with the staff and room cleanliness. After addressing the problem, albeit to multiple members of staff and managers, the problems were eventually solved in the end to satisfaction.

Overall, we had a good stay at the Galaxy, good value for money, and would consider staying again when we return.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KYAtAdam
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Despite a few issues with check-in (language barrier, perhaps), we had a great stay here.
Sure the lobby is rather tacky and wayy too much of a perfume scent. But once you get to the lovely scented room hallways, the loudness and tackiness disappears.
Bed is super comfortable, shower is fantastic and the view from our 30th floor room - amazing.
My favorite part about this hotel -- the grounds. Beautiful, serene gardens. True resort feel. Loved the pools and the wave pool you have to see to believe.
If you want something different (and at a very fair rate), stay here!

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Architecture was brilliant. Lighting was marvelous. The "crystal show" that happens in the fountain situated in the middle of the hotel was spectacular. Show lasts for 15 minutes, we caught the 7pm show.

Dined at The Spaghetti House. Pasta was awesome. We were personally toured around the hotel via their hotel shuttle.

I had so much fun during my stay, even met new people who made our visit a lot more exciting. We'll be back!

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple