We stayed in a two-bay/module suite which was certainly designed for the couple in mind: over-sized Japanese style soaking tub, over-sized couples shower, over-sized lounge sofa, and of course... the hot plunge pool that runs the length of the room.
2. Wave pool
Was designed for, and teaming with kids. There might be a separate adults-only pool and lounge area, but we didn't stick around to discover -- just not that kind of resort.
3. Saffron (Thai dinner)
Several service gaffes (pouring tap water into our glasses filled with Fiji water, forgetting one the entrees we ordered, waiting 15+ min for non-baked dessert). Service standards par for course, really, for Macau (though it's worth noting Four Seasons and Wynn have been able to break the mold at the high-end).
4. China Rouge
Perhaps the highlight of our stay. A truly "uniquely designed" entry sequence, moving from chamber to chamber of stellar and provocative artwork, before arriving at a cabaret-style club. Entertainment features a high-quality Taiwanese cover band and high-energy dance crew. Service was easily one of the best in all Macau, with all staff encountered being friendly & helpful, particularly the bar staff.
5. Galaxy casino
Would benefit with having a non-smoking area... not that these areas work particularly well when created as an after thought. However, the large amount of second-hand smoke consumed in the casino and carried back to our room via full permeation of our clothes and hair was completely at odds with the overall Banyan Tree experience. Maybe other Banyan Tree guests don't gamble.
6. Saffron (breakfast buffet)
Our room rate included breakfast. Nothing of particular note. I'd say investigate breakfast options at the other two hotels on property (perhaps the Okura hotel?)
Unfortunately we could not try out the spa on this trip, but maybe next time... if that's before the next shiny new resort opens in Macau.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take in breathtaking views of Macau's skyline in your own private sanctuary where peace and tranquillity awaits you. The first high-rise urban resort in Macau features private indoor Relaxation Pools in all suites and resort villas complete with their own gardens and personal swimming pools, Banyan Tree will change the way you imagined high-rise living. In this instance, seeing is truly believing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Macau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Macau Hotel Macau