“Yummy”

Ranked #1 of 40 Dessert in Macau
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The best portugese egg tarts in town, we love them.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I went to Lord Stow's Bakery at The Venetian because we quite ran out of time during our last day of our trip. Thank God they still have plenty of Portuguese egg tarts. The bakery shop located near the attic where we can see the gondola ride. One egg tart cost me only 8 MOP.At first i purchased it and ate it while it's warm rite from the oven. The egg tart is smooth and subtle in the inside and it has crispy pastry skin on the outside. I tried Margaret's one too which cost me 10 MOP for each but i can say Lord Stow's Portuguese egg tart simply ecstatic. I keep want to indulge it more and more after the very first bite. It's less sweeter as compared to Margaret's Portuguese egg tart. Then i have second thought to bring it back to my country. Kinda worry how it's goin to last though..Thankfully, the staff was very nice,able to speak English and helpful in giving us a lot of information about how to keep egg tarts fresh. Hence,i proceed with buying a dozen of Lord Stow's Portuguese egg tarts back home. I tried to keep in the fridge as suggestion and ate it while it's cold. You know what... the filling taste like an ice-cream. Actually i prefer to eat it while it's cold now after this discovery.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I didn't had the time to go to the original bakery at Coloane as I only had a day to spend in Macau and knowing that the location is quite far, so I went to the branch located at The Venetian.

I found out about this bakery through online search for the best portugese egg tarts in Macau and im glad I found this. To put it simply, the egg tarts were the best. It was so smooth and the flakiest, I tried Magaret's too and their egg tarts were delicious but definately can't beat Lord Stow's. A must-try when you visit Macau.

Reviewed 8 February 2012

Mmmmmmm......... the must-eat treat in Macau. The egg tarts from Lord Stow's have the lightest, flakiest pastry you'll ever eat, and are surprisingly filling. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Really, the only place you should eat any egg-tarts in Macau is at Lord Stows... (unless... see my other reviews...) :-)