“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #66 of 95 Hotels in Macau
Timisoara, Rumänien
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This magnificent hotel L'arc New World hotel is situated in the heart of Macau, in front of the hotel is the MGM and the Wynn casino. The rooms are very big and the view is fantastic. The service of the hotel is great and the personal is very friendly. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sane_sanela
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Perth
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Even though this hotel is much smaller than some others, like the Venetian, it is stunning and the rooms are nicer.
We stayed in an executive deluxe room for two nights. The room was the nicest we have stayed in. Even though the room looks similar to the ordinary rooms I think it may be larger. Everything looked new and the layout is excellant.
The location is very good being in Macau Island and right next to the Wynn. The casino is nothing special and better casinos can be found close by. The views are not the greatest but were still good.
Our room provided us with a few extra benefits like the club lounge access. The staff in the lounge are generally invisible but are ready to help if you have a question. There is virtually no table service, it is help yourself and the staff rarely come along to clear your plates or glasses and usually only do this when you leave.
The food provided is of excellant quality and was enjoyable. We had breakfast in their cafe and it ranks quite highly with a good choice available and also good quality. It was great to be able to order freshly cooked omeletes, noodles and even waffles. The staff here were very attentive.
Another benefit from our room type was having a free minibar but this is where the hotel really let us down. I called on the second day in the morning to advise our fridge was not working and nothing was done, I called again later that day and still nothing was done. I advised the lady in the club lounge the next day when we checked out and she thought this was not good and would email me about it after looking into it but she still has not got back to me. It is not difficult to replace a small fridge and it meant that we could not drink our free cans of drink as they were warm as was our water. For a five star hotel this is a pretty sad state of affairs as having cool drinks on hand is important. If they can't manage to fix these problems then I am thankful that this was our only major problem. This is an expensive hotel to stay in and it is really quite bad that our fridge didn't work.
The pool was a let down.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PegususPerth
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 September 2010

From the moment we arrived at the doors of the hotel, the doormen were friendly and welcoming. The gentleman at the front desk was quick to check us into our rooms. When only one of the two rooms were ready upon our arrival, he was extremely apologetic and promised that he would personally deliver the second room's keys when ready. Turns out that the second room was ready 15 minutes later, so it was not really a big deal. But his professionalism was served as a great start to the rest of our weekend stay.

The room was extremely clean, roomy and elegantly decorated. It definitely seemed as though the owners spared no expense when it came to finishing touches. The beds and linens were plush and comfortable. One of the best nights sleep that I have ever had!

We also had dimsum at the restaurant on site and again, my family and I were wowed by the high quality of food and service.

I have stayed at many of the hotels in Macau and I can definitely say that L'Arc is my hotel of choice. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mym1
Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 March 2010

This is my 2nd time stay in this hotel, good location where is next to MGM, Wynn and Star World.
This time I have traveled with total 5 members of my family, so we need to book a suite with two separated room. The hotel is very new and it just open less then 6 months, so everything item & stuff are very clear & neat. Maybe this hotel is too new, therefore it is the problem,

(1) we found all 3 DVD player not function, it took 1 hour to get it fixed.
(2) because wireless internet is very weak in Master room, so I requested a LAN connection to my laptop, but the LAN port in wall doesn't work! Checked with engineer, he said they need to few days to get it repaired......
(3) Power outlet, it is very very very danger I've never ever seem in the hotel I lived before, the electric wall-plate was not yet assembled well on wall. If you put your hand and touched the wall, I might got RALLY electric shock.
(4) Both massaging tub does not work, the engineer took a hour but still not able to fix it.

The engineer visited me 5 times in a day, he said the hardware product is very good and all are famous brand, but the worker who setup those facility, has never & ever come for checking whether it is working fine or not.......

Well, I do not think I would stay here in next time, unless they can offer me a special deal.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Eddie O
Sydney
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Had a three day stay here in Feb and enjoyed greatly.
The rooms were beautiful and beds super comfortable.
Bathroom was large and luxurious and could not fault.
Only minor things were getting the remote to work; they must have had the remote made especially for the Hotel and branded however getting it to work was a different story. Didn't get much hot water from the basin on day two so shaving was an effort and unfortunately a iron and board don't come standard (however delivered on request).
Had breakfast each morning on Level 4 and this was great.
Overall I really enjoyed the stay and the staff were great.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business