“Relaxed and Enjoyable”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: inside of the MGM Grand Macau Hotel
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We regularly go to Aux Beaux Arts when we go to Macau. It's a great place for either just the two of you or as a group.

Food is always excellent! We've enjoyed everything from the mussels, the steak tartare, the escargot, french onion soup, chicken, it has never disappointed.

The service can be a bit absent minded, dependent upon who is your server. We've had some very good servers and some a little distracted over the number of visits. But truthfully, it doesn't impact the overall experience too much.

The wine list is reasonable with a good selection and we always like to have some Portuguese wine when we are there as its more difficult to get here in Hong Kong.

To anyone going to Macau looking for a relaxed, enjoyable dinner, with a slightly french brasserie style menu, will not be disappointed by a visit to Aux Beaux Arts.

1  Thank JPMKing
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Aux Beaux Arts

Reviewed 5 July 2012

I had been to this restaurant many times and the food quality was consistently great. I went again this time during June 2012. As usual, the bread was freshly baked, crispy and hot, easily melted the butter on top. The olive oil and vinegar for bread dips were also of very high quality. Every time my wife and I would order the seafood platter which was great and definitely worth the money. It came with a lobster, 6 oysters, Alaska crab legs, mussels and shrimps for about US$50.

There was a variety of choices for wines and it was an enjoyable moment to have dinner in this restaurant. The service was pleasant too. You will not be disappointed and I think this is one of the hidden gems in Macau.

1  Thank Tony268
Reviewed 22 May 2012

My partner and I had dinner here after champagne in the champagne bar next door, both are in the butterfly complex of the MGM Grand, Macau.
The service was pretty good, only thing we weren't keen on was having to firmly tell one lady repeatedly that we wanted champagne as she kept trying to push us to drink wine instead..

My partner ordered a dozen oysters as a starter, and a steak as his main meal and I ordered the wild mushroom risotto as my main meal. Unfortuneately, my main meal of risotto came out to me before my partner even had his oysters.. So I had to eat my meal to save it going cold and then sat there and watched him eat his oysters when it came out and then wait for his main meal and again watch him eat his main meal. Such a small thing but can really ruin a dinner when you have to eat by yourself or watch someone else. For a restaurant of this standard and price, I would expect something as simple as serving the food at the same time so diners can actually eat together a pretty simple rule to go by. The waiter was lovely however and we didn't say much as it isn't their fault after all but were pretty disapointed.
The food on the other hand was really delicious.

1  Thank Missybee16
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Casino resort restaurants are not all priced in such a way they cancel out any winnings you might have had on the floor. On the contrary, Aux Beaux Arts seemed to be priced to encourage patrons to do something more worthwhile than gambling their life savings away. This is what we found with the lunch menu's seafood platter, a delicious array of 2 Alaskan king crab claws, 6 fresh oysters, 6 mussels, 6 prawns and1 lobster (MOP490) with a hearty green salad on the side (MOP48). The seafood was brought resting on tower of ice, the presentation nicely done. The flavours were superb, the seafood was wonderfully fresh. Even the raw oysters, of which I have never been a great fan, tasted really creamy -with the liquor delicately salty - and may have finally converted me. 2 coffees and a chocoloate dessert (MOP115 all-in) made this lunch excellent value. Service from the waiters to the manager was excellent and hospitable. We were pleased to have taken the chance on stopping by.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Inside of MGM this is a great place to have seafood and steak! Excellent seafood platter and their steak is cooked just perfectly! Great atmosphere and service. Expensive but thumbs up and will come back!