“Good Quality but Alarmingly Expensive”
Review of Aux Beaux Arts

Aux Beaux Arts
Ranked #108 of 731 Restaurants in Macau
Cuisines: French, Seafood, European
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: inside of the MGM Grand Macau Hotel
Towcester, Northamptonshire
“Good Quality but Alarmingly Expensive”
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I'm used to expensive restaurant meals. I must be. I eat out in London a lot. That said I found the prices here pretty shocking given that a meal for 2 people, where we only ate two courses and confined ourselves to one bottle of wine came out at around £150 when translated back to sterling. The service was good and friendly, the bread was superb, and the lamb main course was beautiful. However, I have paid less than that at 3-starred establishments in the UK for an awful lot more!

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank smtfhw
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Antipolo
“Splendid, but quite discriminating”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

The food was really good and worth the price. I also love the ambiance of the restaurant. I was disappointed though with the, I don't know if it is the manager or the sommelier, did not offer wine to us (in contrast to all the other guests, mostly Caucasian guests during that time), perhaps seeing that we were Filipinos, think that we were not financially capable and are not really keen on pairing the food with wine so ended up not pairing the magnificent food with wine. But, everything else is good, except for that discrimating part. I'd recommend this restaurant, but if you're a Filipino or some other race that they think is not superior, It is better to call the attention of the sommelier or manager or whoever that was in asking for the wine pairing, because don't expect a gesture of initiative in doing so

• Visited November 2010
Singapore
“beautiful restaurant”
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This is a beautiful restaurant to eat at, both inside or "outside" in the grand praca. Otherwise, I have mixed feelings. The service was poor. Our waiter was very pushy at first, which may work with mainland chinese customers, but annoyed us. We ordered the special chocolate menu (seasonal), as well as the chef's (called panda) tasting menu. The chocolate menu was exceptional. We were wowed by almost every dish, by the originality, presentation and taste. There was one dish which came with a white chocolate lid, that was then used to uncover the dish, and then broken up and eaten with the dish. The tasting menu, which allowed us to choose appetizers and mains from the regular menu, was disappointing. In general, we are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt in that we picked the wrong items from the menu. As for the service, this is Macau, and there is a shortage of experienced and good servers. At these prices though, they should get this fixed. Overall, I still have a positive experience and would come back.