“Good Location”
Review of Ole London Hotel

Ole London Hotel
Ranked #43 of 94 Hotels in Macau
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Good Location, clean, quiet, comfortable stay, good staff. We stay in room 201 for 4d3n, i dislike the Small Toilet. We only taking 6 minutes walk to Senado Square,Ruins of St.Paul and Museum of Macau. St. Augustine's Square & Sir Robert Ho Tung Library just 5 minutes walk up to the hill road. 3 minutes walk to Koi Kei Bakery(First Shop). 7-11 is just around the corner, The nearest bus stop 火船頭街 R.DAS LORCHAS - 2 minutes ,司打口 PRAÇA PONTE HORTA - 3 minutes walk , 十六浦PONTE 16 - 6 minutes walk to Ole London Hotel.

Room Tip: Room 201 does not have window in the room
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

We checked into the Hotel on 23rd and were supposed to check out on 26th morning

It was easy for the taxi driver to find the place after showing him the chinese name of the hotel. It will cost you around 50+ HKD to reach the hotel from Ferry station.

Check -In – We were travelling from Hong-Kong to Macau and thought that we would spend 3 days here and then check out and move to Hong-Kong International Airport from Macu. Hence we had huge Baggages with us. The person was least interested in welcoming us and asked for our passport.
He said he does not have other rooms and the only room he has is 105 which is on the 1st floor and does not have lift service. I requested him to atleast provide some help in moving the luggage to the 1st floor. He initially denied and said use the lift and go to the 2nd floor and then carry the luggage to the 1st floor.
This is the first time in my life I have received a service like this from a front office person at the hotel.

Room – I have read reviews about this hotel on Trip advisor and understood that the room size was small. However when I entered the room and I was shocked to see that It was only a room which had a bed. There is no place to stand up or walk. We were 3 people in the room and we directly went and sat on the bed.

Washroom – It was very small and was smelling very badly. I guess there must have been some leakage somewhere which was giving a foul smell. We immediately closed the washroom and managed the stay 1 night there.
The next morning the first and foremost thing that we did was to find hotels in hong kond and check out on 25th morning. I knew I was loosing money on this hotel. However this hotel had spoiled our moods and was brining bad vibes to our vacation.
We found a hotel on 24th morning and informed the front office that we are checking out and they said “Great”.
No advice or information provided by the front office about local site seeing.

For 3 days I had paid around 2800 HKD and all that I got from this hotel was a small room, foul smell and pathetic customer service and negative vibes about the holiday. I had only stayed there on 23rd night from 8:00 PM to 25th morning 11:00 AM. I left the hotel in advance and lost some money as well

Please do not use this hotel if you are travelling with a kid or trying to visit Macau with your partner for the 1st time. It is a very small room which is like a Jail

Worst Service that I would remember for life and I was waiting to chalk down my feedback on trip advisor

Room Tip: Dont choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Arun_iyer191183
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Ole London for one night while visiting Macau. I picked it because it was affordable during the week and had a good location. Location is great. About 10 minutes to Ruins, and right in the charming Barra neighborhood. Take the 3A or 10A bus from the ferry terminal and you're dropped 2 minutes from the hotel. And you're close to the Main Street that the bus to Taipa run on as well.

I was fortunate enough to get upgraded and in to a room for early check in (it was pouring that day so that was a huge plus). Staff is nice but they DO NOT speak much English so just be aware of that. It wasn't a huge deal breaker for me but it did present some problems.

They store your bag until 10pm the night you check out, for free too.

And what other reviews said about thin walls, is true too. I could hear people in the hallways and rooms above/next to me, but it wasn't bad. That said, not everyone may be so quiet so if not, you'll hear it very clearly.

Based on location, I would stay again. Macau can be pricey or lodgings and has no hostels so for one night this was fine.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Bayjb
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my family. Can accommodate three persons. The area is good walking distance to Senado Square and Ruins of St. Paul. Wifi is good. With free bottled water.

No ref.
Poor customer service....

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for one night.
The Hotel was nice & clean
But, at night i woke up and my legs were itching badly.
There were so many fleabites on my two legs. Thankfully, i'm the only one who wear the blanket. My husband & son dont like blankets.
I didn't complain coz we checked out the next day and i didnt want to spend my time in an administration situation.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family