Lowest prices for your stay
$33
$30
Travelocity$33
Hurb$39
Trip.com$39
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Could not fault our stay at Ploy Palace Hotel. I have been to almost all Thai provinces over last 30 years, and having initially lived there in the 80s have visited the good, bad and ugly since!
A good hotel needs a convenient location, facilities and service, but without expert management things tend to fall apart. In the Ploy Palace this is not the case, thanks to Mr. Charlie (General Manager), he is a long time veteran of some of Bangkok’s top hotels (inc Sheraton and Dusit). He is very informative and hospitality seems to come naturally to him.
We stayed in room 909 on the B12 floor (1400BT) inc breakfast – a great deal for $10 over the standard rooms, that looked rather tired.
Hotel has several quality venues inc Roof Cafe, Karaoke and Lobby Café. Also a SPA over the road.
If you don’t fancy the hotel facilities min walk to night bars and cafes, also 7/11 – 7/24 over the road that sells comfort food (dim sum, etc. at crazy prices ;-))))
One constructive criticism – would be nice to have a few new beds on the roof top next to the pool.
Thanks Charlie and chok de cap ;-)))))))
Norman & Ruta
Newcastle U.K
Vilnius, Lithuania

Date of stay: January 2012
2  Thank Ruta G
Reviewed 8 February 2012

The hotel is OK; reasonable position, and reasonable standard for an up-country Thai hotel. However the rooms are looking a little tired with ants running up and down the bathroom tiles.....
My main complaint is the photo of the hotel which is entirely misleading.
To get anywhere near the river is a long walk or a samlor ride away, and the photo most websites feature is a stretched version of the back of the hotel. This stretch of water is a cement surrounded 'pond' with a running track round it - It may may be the local sewage depatments, as it certainly isn't a scenic spot! It certainly has contraptions in the water similar to those in sewage ponds.

Room tip: The view over the city is much better than the one over the sewage farm.
Date of stay: February 2012
2  Thank Andrew F
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Physically this hotel is fine. Location is good (although as pointed out earlier not as close to the river as it implies), rooms fine (this is not Bangkok) and a good dining/bar area. On this it would have comfortably merited a good "4" rating. One small thig though - on the 8th floor there are bees nests outside the window, which means they can't be cleaned, so they are very dirty.

It only scraped a three in my estimation however due to being let down by the staff. I had paid for 3 nights (Fri/Sat/Sun), and had a "voucher" for the stay and a receipt for payment. Myself and my girlfriend travelled overnight from Bangkok, arriving at the hotel at around 7am on the Saturday morning. I had paid for the Friday night and indicated "late check-in" to save any hassle. They claimed I was only booked for two nights (Sat/Sun), and did not give us a voucher for breakfast on the Sat morning, despite the receipt and booking confirmation clearly showing otherwise.

Then come Sunday, when I checked out at 7pm (remembering I had paid for Sunday night too), first they tried to charge me again for the stay (despite them holding a copy of my pre-payment receipt), and then trying to charge me a late check-out fee (when I had paid all night Sunday to avoid such arguements). Incidentally, it was not a language barrier issue - my girlfriend is a native of Mukdahan.

In addition to this, the attitude in general of the staff we experienced was very poor. Having paid for three nights when only one full one was spent in the hotel (this was deliberate, supposedly to avoid this type of problem), it was as if we were an inconvenience and a nuisance to them. At times their approach was plain rude. And despite paying for these three nights, by their way of it the staff would have had us paying almost double that again.

As I said, physically the hotel is fine. For us though, it was horribly let down in particular by the reception staff. For this reason we will not stay at Ploy Palace again.

Date of stay: July 2011
3  Thank AndyL30
Reviewed 20 July 2011

All the hotels pictures show it on the side of the mekong river. This must have involved a lot of photoshopping, as it is about 1 kilometre walking to the riverfront. Nice hotel, once again as most hotels in the Isaan in need of some upkeep. Swimming pool on the third floor was clean, but the hallway to it and the changing area not. Lovely swimming though.

Rooms have a good size and well equipped bathroom with very nice lemongraas shampoo. Showers are of the turbotype with very powerfull hot water. Must be a first in Thailand. At least in the places we are staying ;-). Good breakfastspread, that was being replenished all the time. We paid 1050 baht for a double room.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Hansje
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I am a Thai person living in the US. Last month, I visited Thailand and went to Mukdahan for the first time as I planned to go to Phra thart Panom Temple. We contacted Ploy Palace Hotel through their website and got reservation smoothly. To me, this hotel was very nice and the staff were very friendly. Their breakfast was something I really enjoyed as they randomly prepared some local dishes, including some Vietnamese or E-San food, to serve guests every morning. Their location, I would say is the best in town, close to everything! Their rooms are in good condition, and the price I got was very reasonable compared to another hotel in Mukdahan. If I had a chance to visit Mukdahan again, I will definitely stay at Ploy Palace Hotel.

Date of stay: June 2010