“Treat Yourself”
Review of Beach Spa

Beach Spa
Reviewed 13 May 2017

My sister & I had a massage everyday, we loved the hair spa in particular as well as the facials. Walking up for a massage became part of our everyday schedule. Ansd so reasonably priced! The girls are just wonderful

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

If you plan on getting a manicure or pedicure on the island, this isn't the place.

The polish was of such poor quality (she added acetone 3 times) applied much too thick, and then attempted to set with a (hot!!) hairdryer. All of these, plus humid weather, insured that the nail polish never set. And by never, I mean the following day it was still denting and all I had to do was gently tug and it all slid off. The manicurist also used a cuticle razor (often used in pedicures but not manis) where a trimmer, file, or cuticle dissolver would have been much more appropriate. I had to fix my cuticles myself with a file because the razor left dozens of deep grooves.

Some simple improvements must be made:

1. Need to disinfect instruments between clients and use fresh or at least clean files for each (she just had a small dirty bag and her instruments still had dead skin from previous client, which she simply wiped away, though possibly with acetone. Still not enough)
2. Need new training as to proper cuticle maintenance (try CND cuticle dissolver) and polishing technique, as well as polish application to avoid bubbles and lack of setting
3. Better lighting or use head lamps (too dim to properly do her job)
4. New nail polish badly needed, most are too gunked up or watered down to be effective. I picked the only two I thought were acceptable and they still bubbled and she added a LOT of acetone.
5. Use an actual base coat, not a top coat for both base and top. Choose a fast drying top coat to combat the humidity (like Essie "Good to Go").
6. Use setting spray, a little fan, or hair dryer on COOL to set, never hot! It renders the whole manicure pointless.

On a positive note, when I showed her how to gently file the cuticles after she razored them she seemed genuinely interested and surprised by how soft they were, and she did a very thorough job filing away my calluses on my pedicure. Unfortunately the polish had similar issues with the big toes never setting.
I'm sorry to be so harsh but there were too many problems to not bring to attention. I did not in the spa as their English appeared quite limited (and I have no other languages unfortunately!) and I didn't realize how much the polish hadn't set until hours after. Other positives was the setting was relaxing and tropical and receptionist very friendly.

1  Thank Leah B
Reviewed 28 February 2016

The staff are very friendly and the place has air conditioning but there is a lot of background noise as the spa is right across the road from a bar.

Reviewed 24 February 2016

The staff was very friendly, kinda nice atmosphere, also I've read good reviews about this spa as most amazing, so went to make manicure/pedicure. Wouldn't recommend to anybody, the nail polishing is very very unprofessional, I can do it better for myself even with left hand, my bf also said he can even do better. Paid 120K, went out and 2 nails were already ruined, came back to fix, then went out and still the nails in light looked messy/bubbled, waste of money..