Manta Dive Gili Air Resort
Camilla Resort(Gili Air)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsopen waterwaterfront restaurantgarden roomgreat divingrefresher coursemarine lifetraditional bungalowwater frontoctopuslaid backspecial thanksdiving schooldeluxe bungalowoutdoor showerour honeymoonspent a weekmuesli
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Great spot. So convenient for any would-be divers, to wake up, have breakfast and get ready for diving within 30 feet of each other! Huge variety of dive sites, and the accom is fantastic too. Thanks to Piia and Chris who helped us out hugely

Regards

Michael/Ilmira

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Bob99962, Manager at Manta Dive Gili Air Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2018

Hi Michael and Ilmira,

Thank you for taking to time to thank our staff, especially your diving instructor, Chris, for their hard work. He had a great time teaching you to dive and hope the remainder of your time in Indonesia was as enjoyable as your time at Manta Dive.

We are so happy to hear that you and your partner enjoyed the visit. We really appreciate it when our customers take the time to review us and note the subtle efforts made to ensure their satisfaction. Our rooms are all designed with guest comfort in mind, and our great housekeeping staff put the personal touches that make the stay memorable.

The entire Manta Dive team sends their regards and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed with Manta on Gili Air for two weeks, intending to only do my SSI Open Water course to be a certified diver, but after just two dives I knew i would be doing a lot more than that. I ended up diving every day I was there.
The instructors and staff and incredibly friendly and all very capable.
It was more than i could have hoped for and far better than anything i could have imagined.
I knew they had a very high rating on trip advisor and my opinion is that they deserve it by far.
I cannot begin to describe how wonderful of a time i have had and I was very sad to leave. I will doubtless be returning to dive more very soon!
Special thanks to the instructors i had, Dayana for the Open Water, Hanoman for my Advanced and Phoebe for the specialty courses, who all were fantastic teachers and wonderful people that i would more than happily dive with again.
Also a great thank you to Jenni for the photography and Al for letting my try his fins.
If i could give a 6/5 rating i would.

THANK YOU Manta Dive for introducing me to the world of Scuba Diving, i will be back!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank evananthonydavies
Bob99962, Manager at Manta Dive Gili Air Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hi Evan,

Thank you for choosing Manta Dive as your holiday destination. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed the visit and fell in love with diving. We really appreciate it when our customers take the time to review us and note the subtle efforts made to ensure their satisfaction. Our rooms are all designed with guest comfort in mind, and our great housekeeping staff put the personal touches that make the stay memorable.

Dayana, Hanoman, Phoebe, as well as the rest of the Manta Dive team, send their regards and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Way overdue in writing about my dive experience at Manta. My family rented a boat with captain, dive instructor, and dive master. Much of my family snorkeled while the rest of us went scuba diving. After an in-pool session, I completed my PADI open water dive certification with Manta equipment and with Jess, a Manta instructor. It was all top notch. By the time I finished I was diving with confidence. I felt that Jess always put safety first and was always in control. She is an excellent instructor and example, and made the dives super enjoyable. We had 4 different sites, with Jess leading the way, teaching and pointing out the amazing sights. Highly recommend Manta, and many thanks to Jess!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Hi and thank you for taking a moment to review us. We are always happy to hear that our customers were completely satisfied with your open water course and our diving procedures, as safety is always a number one priority to us. We greatly appreciate your positive recommendation and hope to see you for a few more dives in the near future.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I spent 5 days on Gili Air, planning to get our open water cert. I’m so glad we chose manta as the dive center, everything about it was perfect. We didn’t use their accommodation so I can’t say anything about that apart from the bungalows looked very nice.

But as for the diving... Phoebe and Al were amazing. They had excellent communication, patience, knowledge and passion for diving . When we felt out of our depth/ nervous they easily reassured us. They defiantly made the experience for us.

I would also recommend asking Jen to picture one of your dives. Taking pictures underwater is certainly not easy even if she makes it look so. She has a really reasonable charge and her pictures were great!

So I just want to say thank you to the whole team at Manta.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anna H

Hi Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is great to hear that we met or exceeded all of your expectations regarding your dive course, as this is always our goal. Phoebe and Al enjoyed teaching you and sparking your interest in diving. It is always appreciated when someone takes the time to say thank you to a job well done.

We hope to see you back again soon to keep up your practice now that you are a certified diver. Until then, happy bubbles!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My instructor, Al, proved to be an absolute an amazing teacher. Safety practice was performed prior to the dive
All in all great experience.
10/10 would do again.

Bungalows had very bad wifi connection though.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Bob99962, Manager at Manta Dive Gili Air Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for taking a moment to review us in TA. We are always happy to hear that our customers were completely satisfied with fun dives and our diving procedures, as safety is always a number one priority to us. We greatly appreciate your positive recommendation of our resort.

We hope to see you back again soon, hopefully we can earn that last star on your next visit!