All reviews hot water gili t perfect location bali boat turtles
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Me and my friends stayed for (unfortunately) just 2 days in this beautiful hotel.
Very good location, away from the crowd of the centre, just in front at the best beach on the island!
Our bungalows were outstanding! Rooms were perfectly clean and one thing...having the toilet outside and taking the shower under the stars is just priceless!
Angelo, the manager of the Dream Village is AWESOME!!! He's a very friendly and good guy ! He takes good care of his guests and for us it's been a big pleasure meeting him and Fabrizio.
We definitely would love to come back to Gili T, possibly next time for a longer stay!
Vote for Dream Village: 10!

Room Tip: Get the luxury Bungalows close to reception!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Thank you Dream Village! After a week in Seminyak with a group of 12 friends, a relaxing week on beautiful Gili T was exactly what we needed. Dream Village exceeded our expectations - even prettier than the photos! We were lucky enough to get one of the front two bungalows with nice garden and sea views. The bungalow was authentic and comfortable, equipped with both a fan and AC, and we never experienced any problems with it luckily unlike some other reviews. I loved the semi-outdoor bathroom, garden cabanas and great beach lounge chairs. Snorkeling right in front was a treat - we saw heaps of turtles! The location is great - restaurants and bars within seconds, but the loudest "party bars" are far enough for a good nights sleep. The place is well looked after and the staff were very kind and friendly. When we got food poisoning (don't eat at Juku!!) we were given appropriate medicine (free of charge). And once when we were snorkeling and it started raining, one of the staff brought in our clothes and bags from the beach as to not get wet, which was such a nice and thoughtful surprise. We are back home in the cold mountains and are daydreaming of our return!!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2011

We really enjoyed the people at this resort, they made our stay into a nice one. Our main issue was the mosque, we went outside at 4AM to check if there asnt a speaker attached to the roof of our villa. But sill, for this price you can get a better value.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Even until few weeks after I'm back from Gili T, my friends and I still dream of our times there. Booked Dream Village via email after some research on nice, good value, have fresh water and beachfront accommodation on Gili T. The speedboat from Lombok took me right to the beach in front of the hotel. Upon arrival, check-in was smooth and easy. Saw the bungalows and they're exactly like what I wanted. Inside the bungalow, it's spacious and completed with mini bar and safe box.

The bathroom is semi-outdoor with basin and toilet under the roof and shower and plant area with no roof on top. So when you shower, you're showering under the sky. Everything was clean and tidy, well except some leaves in the shower area that fell down from the tree behind our bungalow. The staff did a good job cleaning the room everyday.

Breakfast was really good, our favorite was banana pancake. Yum! The hotel area around the receptionist is nice with several huts where you can sit, relax, read book or eat breakfast. Even napping. The service from Angelo and his local team & family from Italy was excellent. Numerous "Ciao!" "Grazie!" "Come stai? Benne!" "Arriverdeci" everyday. Love it. Angelo always takes his monkey pet, Lulu, for a swim around 4 pm and it's of show of its own. Angelo and the staffs will always be happy to explain you about Gili Trawangan and what can you do there, which place is better, where to go for this or that, etc.

We had a little problem with the AC and water system's noise in the evening, also sometimes the electricity went on and off in the middle of the night, but we never really bothered by that. We've always had good quality sleep every night.

Dream Village has its own private beach and the beach in front of the hotel is really nice. turquoise water, very clear, you can see the fishes swimming. Perfect for snorkeling. It's located far enough from the hustle & bustle but not too far, to go to the bars and restaurants south of the jetty probably just take 10 mins walking from Dream Village. Next door there are restaurants, snorkeling equipment rental, bike rental. It's a perfect location for me.

Overall, my friends and I had a thoroughly enjoyable vacation in Gili Trawangan, definitely an unforgettable one, part of it because we stayed in Dream Village.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2011

I stayed at dream village after two days in the crappiest accommodation gili trawangan had to offer so it was like heaven compared to the dives I was in. I think I paid 400,000 from memory.

The other two places were around 150,000 IDR, and had salt water showers, no aircon, just fan and suspects bathrooms, (one had water leaking through the light, told the guy at the desk and he already knew).

The place is run by italians, angelo is very welcoming and relaxed. The reception girls were always smiling as well.

As you may know gili trawangan has sporadic power supply as it is not linked to the mainand. Thus power is scarce and the hotel does some things to reduce power usage one of which is turning off the hot water service.

Now keep in mind I was in a place with cold salt showers, this did not bother me so much, however it is a bit of a pain as you have to tell them if you want to have a shower to turn the hot water on and then supposedly wait for it to heat up.

I find it strange that a tropical island with such abundant sun and poor electricity supply is not taking advantage of solar hot water.

Indeed the whole island could be guilty of having the lack of foresight to install water tanks and hot water supplies.

The price of accommodation in the islands compared to the mainland is always going to be more expensive, however one thing uncomfortable about gili trawangan is the lack of fresh water.

Rather than use the extra income to improve their facilities most guesthouses seem to just get by without it not realizing that if you stay in these places having salt water showers for more than three days you will feel like you haven't showered for days and want to return to the mainland.

A little extra money to provide the absolute basics (fresh water) would increase the length of stays on the island and improve their profitability. As for solar hot water, like fresh water, having it just makes good business sense given the lack of cheap electricity.

Ok aside from this the rooms have no tv, but have fridge and a safe, aircon, fresh water, no internet (another problem with these islands is the extortionate prices they charge for internet when most cafe's have free wifi).

I you check in as a single traveller they will take the extra towel out of your room when you are not there, and they also will turn the aircon off if you leave it on, so I would leave valuables in the safe, not that anything would happen but is is better to be safe than sorry.

Breakfast is the grainy unfiltered lombok coffee, and a tiny plate of unappetizing fruit.

Although it seems like I gave this place a lashing it really is one of the best places I have stayed in Indonesia, so I think with a little extra expenditure it could be one of the best.

Lets face it, rice costs nothing, add an egg and a little bit of meat and you have a nice breakfast. If I was running a resort here I would look at the little things that I could do to make my place more special than the others for the least amount of money, however the people on this island are a little penny wise pound foolish.

There are two types of rooms I know of, standard and bungalow, the one I stayed was the standard I think the other has a tv, which would also be nice.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo