Villa rooms are massive with thier own bathrooms, clean, comfortable and well presented. Looking out over the pool to the ocean is beautiful, the rooms have huge glass tinted French doors . The seating areas outside the villa are great, there is a gazebo, table and chairs, deck chairs and bean bag chairs, so it’s plentiful. There is a large lounge area with TV etc, kitchen. Rooms have great aircons. Walking distance from the centre, restaurants. The water is clean, hot and the sewerage system is environmentally friendly, which is a huge credit to the owners for putting that in place. The staff are very friendly and look after visitors well. Breakfast is provided :) ... will defiantly be back brining a group of friends next time... this is the life... what I’d give to live here.
Perfectly located direct at the beach with a private swimmingpool. The local staff did a good job to make it a pleasant stay for us (two families with a child). Especially the breakfast was prepared every day according to our desires.
The only negative point is the "very very very" high price a night (over €250,- a night). During our roundtrip in Indonesia we have had much better/luxery accommodations for a much cheaper price. During this trip only at Villa Kokita we had to ask several times for internet access (they use a 3G modem with a prepaid card, which they forgot to revalue regularly).
This villa was definitely more like a glamping experience than luxury. The villa is situated in a picturesque location with beautiful sunrise views of Mt Rinjani, turtles right off the coral beach (during early high tide), fabulous, friendly host Rudy who organised bike rental, snorkelling gear and was always around if you called.
HOWEVER... the place was tired and in need of maintenance
-only cold water for the whole stay, from reading other reviews this is ongoing
-tatty worn bedlinen with large rips. (These were replaced, but only after we complained)
-stained and tatty curtains (also laundered after we complained
-corroded tap fittings in the bathrooms
- air conditioning in one of the kids bedrooms rooms didn't work properly, even after some maintenance.
- larger gaps between the wall and floorboards, so mosquitos could feast on the children. Mosquito nets would be a great addition!
- furnishings were worn and stained
A few things were dealt with, but only AFTER we complained. The owners really should keep a closer eye on maintenance. Everyone involved with the villa was friendly, but overall we were not happy.
We are used to travelling in SE Asia and don't mind 3star accommodation, but from the reviews we read, we were expecting a higher standard. If we had of realised before staying we would not have been so disappointed.
1. Great location, lots of room, friendly and helpful staff
2. Excellent spacious pool and was cleaned every morning
3. Location was awesome, we knew about the limited privacy being located right in front of the public pathway
4. Being able to snorkel right in front of our place and see the turtles
Cons: obviously owner has not put any money to maintain the place so if you are looking for a luxurious place, this is not it.
1. No hot water what-so-ever, we had to take a cold shower everyday. This also means they did not wash our dishes in hot water either which is not sanitary.
2. The linens are very worn, lots of holes in the bed sheets, patio chair covers all very faded and again, has holes in the feet / leg area. White curtains were stained and ripped from regular wear and tear.
2. No blanket provided so we were freezing when AC kept on at night, only given an additional flat sheet which provided no warmth
3. Only bath towel and no face or hand towels
4. Lots of flies in eating area, constantly in our face and in our food
5. 2 out of the 4 toilets do not flush properly, one of the bathroom sink was plugged
6. Lots of mold in bathroom area, faucets worn out
7. Communication and response time from the start with booking the villa until we checked in was very poor. It takes several days for someone to get back to me, then I had to follow-up on my final payment and check-in details. There were no details on where to find the villa, I was only told to go to the horse cart area. I was worried about sending the funds and not knowing if we actually had a booking, it was all based on trust.
If you want a place with a great location and pool, this is a perfect location. However, if you want something luxurious and clean, I would not recommend this.
Myself and 10 friends from Canada rented this villa for 4 nights. The location is amazing right on the beach with panoramic ocean views and an amazing pool that was always refreshing and clean. There were sea turtles every day in the ocean 50m away from the house!
The best part of the stay was Carlos and the local boys who were there taking care of us. They would make us a great breakfast each morning and anytime we needed anything they would get it and bring it to the villa for us. Carlos took us all around the island showing us the best spots. It was our friends birthday while we were there and he even had a cake brought from another island for her and arranged a surprise dinner at a local resturant with live music on the beach. Truely above and beyond service and I would not hesitate to return!