Callao Mar(Callao Salvaje)(Great Value!)
US$ 82
Albatros Apartments(Callao Salvaje)
US$ 108
Atlantic Holiday Hotel(Callao Salvaje)
US$ 109
US$ 106
Tropical Park(Callao Salvaje)
US$ 152
  • Pool
Ona Sueno Azul(Callao Salvaje)
US$ 216
US$ 172
US$ 141
Riu.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 168/night.

Pearly Grey Ocean Club(Callao Salvaje)
Apartamentos Callaomar(Callao Salvaje)
TripAdvisor
Blue Sea Callao Garden(Callao Salvaje)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool barcosta adejespa areawonderful spaserved buffet styleinclusive bandssports facilitiessnake showrooms were cleaned every dayquiet hotelanimation teamhotel is greatbreakfast and evening mealchanged every dayper daysteep walktennis courts
Reviewed 16 March 2018

I should begin this review by complimenting the finesse of the person who placed a footprint on the ceiling directly above my bed (photo attached) - and also the second footprint; provided, I imagine, to dispel any doubt as to the first imprint being achieved by luck.
Our experience at the hotel was very mixed, in as much as there were a number of good and bad points, so firstly to deal with the bad.
When we arrived we were told by the receptionist - who I believe had designs on working in a prison where she could hone her natural talents further - that the room was not ready and would not be available for another hour, later revised to an hour and a half, which is really not acceptable when a package deal has been booked. When the room became available we discovered that the safe had to be paid for separately, which we had not been informed about, but did not work in any case. It was later repaired by the maintenance man when he came to fix the television, which also did not work. Later the remote control stopped working, perhaps in sympathy with the fridge, which though in theory operational could not generate sufficient chill to overcome the heat from its own internal lamp. Warm beer then. The television, with a screen size so small I did not realize was still available, provided only two English language channels, though this would not have been much of an issue had there had not been repeated breaks in reception. A kettle was not provided in the room of this four star hotel and had to be ordered separately with a deposit payable, a process which took two days but what matter as it did not work anyhow when it finally arrived, so a further day’s wait was necessary before a working kettle became available. I was beginning to feel sympathy with the ceiling walker at this point. Internet was available for 25 euro extra per week, which is expensive for a service that is intermittent and sometimes not available at all, and when available often little better than 1990s dial-up speed. Also, only two devices can be connected to the internet service, with no option to later change which devices these are; a fact the receptionists joyously allowed us to discover for ourselves after many futile attempts. The room itself was reasonably spacious and the beds were comfortable, though it was looking a little tired as regards décor and maintenance, as was much of the hotel. Some attempt had been made to re-paint parts of the room and balcony though I think Stevie Wonder might have been handling the paint brush. The balcony incidentally gave a view of the rear of another building, though the sea was visible by hanging off the railings, leaving one hand free for the binoculars. Finally, the indoor pool and spa area were a chargeable extra at 15 per person for two hours usage, which seems expensive and more appropriate as a daily rate, particularly as many hotels do not charge for access to the indoor pool.

On a positive note the outdoor pool area was very pleasant and the sun loungers were comfortable. Views of the ocean from much of the hotel grounds were excellent and a small gym was available free of charge, with decent tennis courts provided for a small fee. The half-board option included a buffet dinner which was very good and quite varied and we could not fault this, with waiters and bar staff who were all excellent, very friendly and willing to mix cocktails that were not on the menu. We had intended to eat out most evenings but in the event did not as it was not necessary. Interestingly the hotel ran out of Heineken on the second day and could not obtain more, so a waiter recommended another bottled beer purportedly similar in taste to Heineken, which in the event was similar in taste to a wrestler’s jock strap, though the reason for this became apparent when I noticed a use by date of 2015.
So quite mixed overall, with issues not normally associated with a four star hotel. Finally, anyone staying here should be prepared for quite a walk to the nearest shops and restaurants as there are none near the hotel, despite the online brochure suggesting otherwise, and particularly some perspiration during the walk back to the hotel as it is a steep hill all the way. I believe this is the Sport referred to in the hotel’s title.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Vagwan
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Although we stayed for only two nights in Grand hotel Callao Sport, we were unpleasantly surprised by two situations:
1) in the second day, while I was with my 15 months old daughter playing outside the room (practically in the "yard of the house"), I heard my girlfriend screaming at me, the front metal plate of one of those two vent holes, placed on the left and right side of the air conditioned, fell down.
2) I'm not sure if the rooms were dedicated to families with babies, one of our neighbors having a ~ 2-3 years boy.
On the first night hearing him yelling at his parents after midnight, but the really unpleasant aspect was related to cleanness-the dust being visible on the furniture, while after 10 minutes of having my daughter crawling in the forecourt (paved with tiles) her pants were quit dirty.

Beside this, everything was as we expected from a 4 stars hotel.

Our suggestion for the management of the hotel is to prepare special rooms for families with infants!

Room Tip: This is not a classic hotel, we enjoyed the rooms(houses) placement and loved the king size bath.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Me and a friend stayed here from for 3 nights, the entertainers were excellent! I don't remember all their names so I'm going to describe some- There was a guy called Goran, a lovely lady named Isabelle, a guy with a pony tail, and the DJ lady (Blonde hair). The bar guy was amazing too, made some lovely cocktails for me. The poolside bar lady was very attentive too. Now the bad bits... I normally hate to complaint unless it is necessary FYI! Upon arrival our TV wasn't working to start with, the hairdryer cover came off when I tried to use it which exposed the wires inside. There was no iron in the room or ironing board. The dark skin reception lady who had checked us in was very rude and was not welcoming at all. I called reception and she picked up, (recognised the voice from check in). I asked her if I could get an iron, she said that I must leave a €10 deposit, I asked her if it is normal to not have an iron in the rooms? To which then she replied "I wouldn't know as I do not go on holiday to iron my clothes"! Anyways I left the deposit and took the leaking iron, didn't want to waste any time to say anything else as we had a long flight and wanted to start exploring straight away. We forgot to take a 2 pin adapter, for that we also had to leave a €5 deposit. You also have to leave a €10 deposit for towels in the spa. Basically deposit for everything. Oh and you have to iron on the bed as they do not provide an ironing board. When checking out the same lady checked us out extremely fast, she didn't even ask how our stay was, no smile from check in to check out. I really don't know what her problem Is, clearly it should be left before going on shift. And the shower head kept slipping off when putting full throttle, it went crazy, but not a big issue. Everyone was amazing except that dark skinned reception lady, sorry I don't know her name as they do not have name badges on.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank S_Miah92
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weeks holiday at this hotel. After reading the very mixed reviews we didn’t know what to expect. Walking up the drive, we were sceptical, it did look like it needed redoing. However, put that aside, our check in was super fast, within 5 minutes of arriving we were in our room! Clean rooms which is always good!
Pool facilities were great, the pool bar had really lovely food, this time of year it’s quite quiet so sun-beds were easy to find and had no problems with them.
Buffet style food for breakfast and evening meal was really lovely on all of our mealtimes, vast array of foods and plenty for everyone to choose.
The staff were great! Our housekeeper worked her socks off every day, she was so quick and efficient! The pool bar staff were very lovely! Always singing along to the music and generally very happy and pleasant. The bar staff in the evening were brilliant! One guy, can’t remember his name, was amazing! When making our cocktails he would throw the ice around and into the cocktail shaker! Very very lovely guy! Couldn’t do enough for us, helping us choose our cocktails! The waiters were very attentive, cleaning plates quickly and always polite.
The reps, even if they were aimed at the French guests were brilliant! Always wanting to include us, making sure we weren’t left out, even included us in a music quiz, where we had to guess the song as quickly as possible and the artist too, we did great! Was my birthday too and they got everyone to sing happy birthday to me too! They were so so friendly!
The only thing I would say is that the walls were thin in our rooms, our last night particularly we could hear next door with their tv on loud right up until 5am, wasn’t ideal but as it was our last night, it wasn’t worth complaining.
Other than the weather being a bit mixed, we had a great time!!! Very well done Gran Callao!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2018

The pool area was beautiful, with one of the pools heated which made all the difference. There is a pool bar where you can get drinks and snacks, or go inside to the restaurant for lunch if you prefer.
Our room was clean, with a very large terrace including sun loungers, table and chairs, and a view of the sea.
The entertainment in the evening wasn't up to much, but we were on holiday to eat, drink and relax in the sunshine and had an absolutely lovely time.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple