All reviews vesta bar across the road village style main pool smaller pool cocktail bar air con lovely hotel relaxing holiday next year hotel restaurant room safe stayed bed and breakfast beautiful flowers the main street well run hotel repeat guests
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

It was our first visit to Skala and we were so glad that we had chosen to stay at 9Muses. Staff were accommodating and extremely friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Plenty of choice fir breakfast. We was a really relaxing holiday.

1  Thank Helen D
Stamatelatos, Owner at 9 Muses Hotel Skala Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

So happy you enjoyed your first time with us. We are glad that we were able to making your holiday an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Had another wonderful stay at the nine muses, Rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable, the 2 pools areas are relaxing and spotless too . The Restaurant served beautiful food and the staff were always friendly and allowed us to enjoy our meals in a relaxed and unrushed atmosphere. The Avra bar was a lovely place to enjoy the evening and the jewel of the bar was Amanda who was an amazing source of information about the island and also the most friendly person you could meet, we all enjoyed the bar atmosphere and often sat there enjoying amazing cocktails until the early hours without being rushed. Thank you nine muses for a wonderful holiday, nothing was too much trouble always going above and beyond and we are looking forward to seeing you all next year.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank donnachris17

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the repeat patronage. We are glad we were able to make it a great holiday. We look forward to your arrival next year and especially with our new additions . See you then

Reviewed 4 October 2017

In the 13 years or so that we have spent our holidays at Skala,we have always made the 9 Muses our go to hotel.
It is little wonder and no surprise that most of the reviews for this establishment, offer up such high praise for the quality of it's ambience and the outstanding hospitality from every member of staff, which leaves such a lasting impression and the desire to return every year!
This year however,i feel i have to single out one person in particular who made our stay that bit more special.It had been a close call as to whether or not we would even be able to have our holiday, as i had some 4 weeks prior to travelling had major spinal surgery!
As a result my wife and i were not able to get out and about as much as we normally would in the evenings and found ourselves sat at the Avra Bar most nights in the company of Amanda.
It soon became obvious to us,just what an asset she is to the 9 Muses.On every occasion we sat at the bar,she would ask after my health and to what kind of a day we had enjoyed.Yet it was not just ourselves Amanda made feel special,but the fact that she greeted and spoke to everyone in the same outgoing way.
Perhaps what stood out was the proffesional way she went about her work despite being on her own.Never flustered under pressure,always acknowledging people who she couldn't serve immediately,yet still found the time to make polite conversation with everyone sat at the bar.
As for her cocktails! Amazing according to my wife!
I was left in awe of Amanda's knowledge of each cocktails ingredients,but enjoyed my JD's and coke instead, and hope to sample more of the same next year,when hopefully we can meet up with Amanda and all at the 9 Muses.
Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phil S

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and your repeat patronage. It means the world to us and its your kind words that keeps us doing what we do. We are happy you enjoy your time with Amanda... she is a fine barista and employee. She does make a great cocktail and she awaits your return... as do we :) Again thank you for taking time out to write a review on our hotel .

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I have been coming to 9 muses avra bar since 2011 when we were very warmly welcomed by Mandy! And 6 years today we are still sitting at her lovely bar enjoying the views and of course her special charm! Since 2011 we have visited skala 10 times and she is one of the reasons we come back twice a year! We drink at her bar every night even if we are not staying at 9 muses.... her cocktails are the best in town! I have pretty much been through the cocktail menu and they are all delicious but I thoroughly recommend the Julianna blue and she does a mean mojito!

It's sad to see 2 negative reviews below as it is utter rubbish! Amanda is very attentive and always very welcoming and friendly and has great knowledge of the island. And as for saying she has 'ignored' people is ridiculous! I have been here in may, July ,September and even October and she's is always spot on with service. Keep up the great work Mandy! You bring us back every year see you in may 2018!

The food at avra is a very high standard and a great menu with lots of variety. The staff are very friendly. Breakfast is great too with a good selection of hot food and cold, Greek yoghurt and fruits. You can have lunch by the pool and in the main restaurant, the menu is good and very reasonable.

The rooms are set out in small blocks with beautiful plants and flowers surrounding them. I must say the beds are extremely comfortable! The best I have encountered abroad. Thank you 9 muses see you in 2018!

2  Thank Annav1989
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my partner have been coming to skala 10 times in last 6 years . We first found the bar by chance (and elimination of other bars some with no ambience and atmosphere ) and instantly fell in love with the atmosphere , Mandy and the view . She does a fanstastic job serving drinks .The drinks are very good and happy hour prices are very reasonable . My favourite is a rusty nail . I love whiskey and they have a good selection with one of my favourite whiskeys available and i always judge a bar by the collection .
We are always given crisps or peanuts to accompany our drinks which is a nice touch.
Mandy is very co-operative with new guests that want to find out information about the island . I have never seen her in a bad mood even when the bar is busy which it is in may when we come for the first time . She always keeps on top of things and when are drinks are low she always asks if were ok

.. despite other comments about having to wait or being ignored ( rubbish) etc your on holiday there is no rush .. relax ... it's worth the wait .
Look forward to next year .. YAMAS