New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great Place - Great Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Banana County Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Karwar
Banana County Resort
Pune
“Great Place - Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2009

I visited this place with my family as part of extended weekend holiday in North Karnataka. I was looking for some place which is kind of isolated and new. I found this place through internet but not much review was available. So I decided to take a chance. I booked it over phone.
We were pleasantly surprised to see such a nice place and I would say a very high in value for the money you spend.

Where they excel:
o Excellent location: 1 km off the Karwar-Hubli highway (NH63). The approach road is a typical country road and you feel like you are in forest. The campus spans a few acres with coconut, banana, supari and mango plantation. It has a nice landscaped garden with stuff for kids to play.
o Nice Rooms: They have two types of suites - Deluxe and Premium. Premium rooms are in the cluster of 2 (single floor) and Deluxe in the cluster of 4 (two floors). Premium rooms come with higher ceiling. Rooms are quite spacious and well maintained.
o Delicious FOOD: It would be the main reason for me to visit this place again and again. Excellent south Indian food. I had my booking with all meals, and I think we made a good decision. They have buffet if the occupancy is higher. Since occupancy was only 25%, they served us fixed menu (Thali) with 3 course. All meals were excellent. It reminded me of Coconut Lagoon in Kumarkom (Kerala).

Where they can improve:
o They just gave comforters without the white sheet linings from inside. We had to ask for it. Quality of bed linens can be improved. But I guess for the price you pay, it was good enough.
o No 24 hr hot water. We were planning to head back to Pune early morning. So we asked them for hot water in the tap at 6:30am. Finally after repeated calls to housekeeping, we got it at 7:30am and suddenly at 8:00am the taps were cold.

Do visit Magod Falls (15km). If you are traveling towards Belgaum, take Haliyal route. Yellapur to Haliyal (40km) road goes through Dandeli Wildlife sanctuary - very scenic route.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank aakpune
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Karwar
0.0 km away
36.9 km away
State Lodge
State Lodge
#11 of 28 in Dandeli

Been to Banana County Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK