Review Highlights
Whiskey paradise

One of the most impressive collections of whiskey from around the world. The cozy environment and... read more

Reviewed 31 May 2018
Frank M
Europe
via mobile
Superb choice of whisky.

Stanislaus Bar du Nord is a whisky lovers mekka. Superb choice of single malt whiskies. He also... read more

Reviewed 26 March 2018

from US$ 100.60
from US$ 223.70
from US$ 59.50
More Info
All reviews single malt whiskey malts cash selection geneva
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Found the du nord and seen it had an impressive selection so decided to pay a visit. From Geneva main train station two short tram rides. I must admit that I was very impressed selection as well as sizes. I will be back there when I am in Geneva next. Highly recommended. Owner Jan is a very friendly and knowledgeable chap.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

The bar has a large collection of single malts! Over 500 different from all round the world. The knowledge the staff has is impressive too.

1  Thank Valentin F
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

There is something special about whiskey in that they are like warming snowflakes no two are the same, Bar du Nord has an array of 700 whiskies, from around the world and of various vintages. There is charm and character it's not main stream but nor is it a place you'll see empty. The barman is knowledgeable and happy to hear about whiskies he doesn't know about but also willing to share his experience. If travelling solo or with friends if you appreciate good whiskey make the trip. I will return slainte

1  Thank Ciaran k
Reviewed 30 September 2015

My son lived in Carouge before moving into the centre of Geneva. On a night out for dinner he took me to this Whisky bar. I had never seen such an array of different whiskies before. The bar is small and relatively non descript, but there were quite a few people who came in for a night cap like we did. I asked for a Teeling Irish Whisky. It is relatively unknown. I was surprised the barman laid his hands on it straight away. We chatted to other people at the bar while we lingered over a whisky. Not cheap 15 francs per glass, but a lovely way to end a nice night out.

1  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 18 December 2014

A few nights ago I went there with friends to taste a few single malt. This is the most serious place in Geneva where to enjoy a tasting portion or a glass (at your convenience) of whisky. Stan congrats! The place is nice and the selection is awesome!!!! We'll be back!

1  Thank Les_Suchots