All reviews steam room cream tea full body massage changing rooms evening meal relaxation room light lunch scones platter lunch my mum hen do food was lovely no lift relaxing weekend cannot fault old house excellent value for money
Reviewed 7 February 2016

My daughter and I treated ourselves to a spa day break. They were helpful in tailoring and adjusting the cost of a spa day break. Ploughmans lunch is quite enough. Any amount of soft drinks and teas and coffee. A lovely day out and away from everything. Staff friendly and helpful. Really nice treatments too. To be recommended. We're looking at their mud treatment for the future.

Room tip: Can't help we were on a day spa break
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Cleve spa is in an excellent setting with far reaching views of the blackdown hills. On arrival we were offered tea and coffee in a nice lounge area. The staff were all very pleasant. The spa itself is more disjointed than I recall, so a little bit hard to find your way around. You also have to walk through the gym to get into the spa. The pools a good size and so too is the jacuzzi. The sauna was ok but the light did not work so we sat in the dark. It is tired in places so needs some attention, the new relaxation lounge was a really tranquil area to take time out. Lunch was a salad platter, very light. Disappointed not to be offered more than scones as an additional snack. The facial I had was excellent, it seemed to last for ages and included a scalp massage during the face pack which was an added bonus. My skin was left feeling hydrated. I would definitely visit again even just to have this facial again!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 February 2016

My fiancee booked a surprise overnight stay at The Cleve, Wellington, Somerset.
After a lovely day out, we arrived to check in and were greeted by a very pleasant, helpful receptionist.
Our room was delightful, with wonderful views over the west Somerset landscape. Having settled in, we decided to make use of the spa facilities, enjoying a pleasant swim in the pool, and spending time in the steam room, sauna and especially in the jacuzzi.
The gym looked extremely-well equipped, but not being fitness fanatics, we left it to those who are!
The evening meal was absolutely out-of-this-world. The food was beyond compare: the chefs are to be heartily complimented!
As mentioned, our room was lovely, very comfortable and very well appointed, with a spacious and modern en suite. The room afforded us a very good night's sleep.
Sunday's breakfast options consisted of cereal, fruit, toast and fruit juice, and a wide variety of cooked options ranging from a traditional full English to smoked haddock and poached eggs, and kippers. Excellent!
The staff at The Cleve were incredibly pleasant and helpful, and made our stay in these gorgeous surroundings most enjoyable.
We shall be coming back to The Cleve very soon!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2016

I'm not normally one for leaving feedback and reviews on these types of things, but I felt that the Cleve Spa highly deserved one!
Looking at previous reviews, I can see that most are based in and around Weddings and Spa Breaks, however I've been staying at the Cleve Spa during the weekdays for business purposes and can highly recommended it.
The rooms provide everything you would require for a weekday stay. The gym and pool facilities are more than good enough to keep you busy in the evenings when your at a loose end and the food is fantastic, with the menu changing regularly.

The biggest compliment of all has to go down to the staff. Having stayed at the Cleve on and off for 8months, you get to know them extremely well and a warm welcome is always there to greet you as you enter the reception.

ALL of the staff members are extremely helpful, polite and very professional. However a special mention must go to Sarah, Rox & Faye as they have always gone that bit further to ensure I'm well looked after.

All in all, I'd happily return to the Cleve Spa and would recommend it to anybody who is looking for somewhere to stay in and around the local area of Somerset should that be on business requirements, or just for pleasure.

Keep up the good work!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank michaelpeb
Reviewed 10 January 2016

We stayed over the Christmas period and had an excellent time. My room was lovely and spacious (the three different types of bulb in the ceiling light were a mild irritant....but thats just me) Beautiful ample breakfast, helpful and nice staff. Christmas lunch was done with military precision and was also excellent. The spa was uncrowded and clean. We would stay again.Thank you

Room tip: We syayed on the top floor which was very quiet...bit of a trek with luggage but we were offered help with this.
Date of stay: December 2015