All reviews sitting room perfect hosts lovely location home from home vanessa ty suite stopover somerset
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Farmhouse is situated down a quiet lane. Our ensuite bedroom was bigger than expected which seemed like a home from home. Good choice of breakfast. The hosts were lovely and friendly. Would stay again.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ty G, Owner at Backways Farmhouse B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

It was good fun to meet you both and hope the car and the weekend went o.k.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We stayed at Backways whilst attending a nearby family wedding. From our initial contact with Ty, both he and Vanessa could not have been more helpful, friendly and accommodating. We booked all 3 of their rooms for our 3 night stay; all were well appointed, clean and comfortable with lovely, peaceful countryside views; breakfast was relaxed, plentiful, extremely tasty and presented really well and served in their bright and pleasant breakfast / sitting room by Ty with Vanessa popping in to join in with the conversation.
If you are looking for a relaxing break in lovely surroundings with hospitable hosts who will really look after you then this is the place for you.
Thank you Ty and Vanessa for looking after us so well and allowing us to share your home for a couple of days; if we are ever back in this lovely area, Backways will be our first choice.
Michael & Dave.

Room tip: This is an old farmhouse with each of the rooms full of character but with all the amenities you would expect from a Farmhouse B&B
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

Had a Friday evening stopover here splitting my journey down to Cornwall. Ty and Vanessa are lovely hosts, genuinely nice people and very welcoming.
My room was lovely, beautifully decorated and spacious with lots of storage. En suite was one if the nicest I have had the pleasure to use with a very large shower area. Bed was very comfortable.
Tea making facilities are available in the rooms.
Freeview tv had a good signal and the wifi was free to use with a really quick connection.
After a very comfortable night I went down for full English breakfast which was freshly cooked and delicious. Fruit juice and cereal are also available as a part of the meal.
Would not hesitate in recommending this lovely property.
Thanks guys for a lovely, if short break.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2017

My room was the one that looks out above the entrance into a sort of Courtyard. I sense that all the rooms will have good views based on the rural location.

The hosts made me feel at home and I enjoyed hearing of their travels over breakfast ... perhaps that should have been with a potent Cider in the evening before retirement !! ... we need to work on that!

I left my window open in the hope of hearing something feral and exciting but unfortunately I lost consciousness as soon as I felt the comfort of the bed ... I will have to work on that too!

Impeccably clean and comfortable accommodation and a delightful breakfast with ... a LOCAL SAUSAGE and LOCAL BACON with HOME-BREWED FRIED EGG, from the Chickens (who else?) on the Farm.

Thank you for looking after me ... I have told my clients in Holcombe Rogus to use you to put up their visiting friends and relatives and I will, of course, recommend your hostelry to anyone that I suspect or can accuse of passing your way.

I will be back when my clients call on me.

Thank you.

Paul.

Room tip: I only stayed in one room ... LOL
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 nights whilst working away and were sad we had to leave. Ty and Vanessa are such lovely hosts, very friendly and welcoming and make a really nice breakfast in the morning including home made jams which were delicious. I would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: October 2016