All reviews delightful inn varied menu thank you for a lovely one night no hesitation visiting friends full english excellent breakfast birthday party place to stay lovely place pub lunchtime becca landlady accommodation cornwall
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

What a lovely place, a welcoming ethos with a variety of food choice. We stayed for lunch which on a Wednesday is mid week roast, lamb with roast potatoes, vegetables cooked just right and Yorkshire pudding tasty. Will definitely go again. Well worth a visit and not expensive either.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We recently held a 70th birthday party in the Green Dragon and it couldn't have been any better! Every effort was made to ensure that it went well. Beccy the landlady kept in touch throughout the planning arrangements and nothing was too much trouble! The buffet was excellent and the staff worked extra hard! This pub has been my partners local for quite a while and the staff have always been friendly and helpful. We also had the pleasure of staying overnight two weeks ago and the room was just right. I cant praise this little gem of place enough! and as Arnie would say......we will be back!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We have been here on many occasions usually for a drink but last evening we decided to have a bite to eat outside in the courtyard. We ordered a seafood platter for 2 with sides of chips, whitebait and garlic focaccia (we hadn't eaten all day!) with a bottle of wine for good measure. Wow, how impressed were we! Could truly taste the different seafood flavours, no grease on the plates, wine was good as was the service. And all this for £42. Highly recommend this pub and my husband and I both believe it is definitely the best place to eat in the town

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Ours was a one-night stopover for myself and my husband and our (adult) daughter. I was expecting nothing particular but this was amazing from the word go despite its being Friday night and really really busy - not just with normal pub clientele but with a 70th birthday party going on in a downstairs function room as well. All the staff were friendly despite being rushed off their feet, everything happened as it should - they were expecting us and showed us to our conveniently co-located rooms and what nice rooms. We'd booked a table in advance (recommended) and our meals from a nicely varied menu matched the excellence of the staff. I was slightly concerned that we would be disturbed in the late evening or night by noise from the bar below our rooms but this was not so; all was quiet not long after midnight. We had an excellent night - the beds were really comfy - and in fact we overslept and were almost late to breakfast. If I have to say anything negative it has to be the parking issue as there is none possible on site given the location but an easy solution overnight is readily provided by the relatively cheap car park in the local supermarket across the road so a very minor issue indeed. I have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in recommending The Green Dragon.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2018

enjoyed 2 nights here with very friendly staff and a great atmosphere in the bar and restaurant that served good food and a hearty breakfast. Very clean quaint rooms with everything you need and considering its a pub downstairs was nice and quiet.

Date of stay: April 2018