we stayed at this hotel our last nite in italy before we departed from Malpensa airport. Firstly we landed sometime in the afternoon and found that the hotels shuttle services operate only in the mornings. As my wife was not feeling well we decided to take a taxi to the hotel . the taxi guy almost ripped us off as he demanded 50 Euros for a 5 minute drive. from what i could understand he argued that we should have taken the shuttle service instead of a taxi as he had lost a prospective city trip which would have fetched him 100 euros. incredible .! the hotels location is a disadvantage to tourist as taxi would hate to take u there - too short for a taxi ride and too long to walk.
The hotel is basic. The air conditioning was almost non existent ( the controls in yr room dont work as they control the temprature from the reception lobby) . after much complaining the lady at the reception said that a mechanic would come to the room . The mechanic turned out to be the guy from the reception. He stood on a chair ,put his hands near the AC duct and said the AC was fine and working and asked me to do the same . I did as he told me and felt a very very faint whiff of air (2 times lesser than the exhaust from my laptop). " can u feel it " he asked like a bullying teacher from a charles Dickens novel . At this point all I could do was nod stupidly like young David Copperfield . He left hurriedly , we opened the windows which felt much better n laughed about it later.
My wife asked some question very politely to the front offce guy called fernando .m. He did not bother to answer back and instead handed her a pamphlet with a stern face .
wondered what people like him were doing in the service industry.
Otherwise the hotel is ok if you are transiting or staying for one night only on a budgeted price.
as for us we will prefer the Sheraton at the terminal where we stayed one night on arrival although its a bit more expensive theres a world of difference, n its worth the difference,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport, the closest hotel to the Terminals.Located only 500m from the Milan Malpensa International Airport, the hotel represents the ideal place to either meet for work or relax after a long journey.Take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service to/from Terminal 1 of the airport available on a scheduled basis, and to/from Terminal 2 on request. Alternatively the airport offers a 24h free shuttle between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 with a bus stop just 200m from the hotel.The brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport combines contemporary style, comfort and convenience thus representing the smartest choice for travellers attentive to value for money. Start your day on a good note with a reinvigorating power shower experience and a complimentary extensive buffet breakfast.Modern technology and fresh look are the strengths of the brand new Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport hotel which offers 124 comfortable bedrooms all equipped with soundproof windows, WiFi internet connection and wooden floor. Ample public areas designed with lively colours and refined materials are available to our guests who will be able to surf the internet by using the dedicated internet points or by simply connecting to the wireless net.Complete the offer free parking facilities and a meeting room able to host up to 40 persons. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Milan-Malpensa Airport Hotel Somma Lombardo
- Holiday Inn Express Somma Lombardo