See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 August 2015

We were a family of 2 adults and 2 grown boys. Hotel is located at the top of the hill and one of the negative things we encountered is the lack of parking when we arrived after a long trip from Lake Como. Parking located under the hotel and is a problem since there are not enough spaces. in addition parking on the road is problematic since there a lot of restaurants, visitors and bicycles. We were welcomed by Sofia. She is very efficient and helpful - even though she does not speak English well. Room was very spacious, Balcony with an excellent view of Tuscany. Rooms could have been more Cleaner then the status that we received them.
Parents bedroom was excellent, Sofa couch was not very comfortable. We had A/C but it was located in the Main room which did not cool efficiently the main bedroom.
We had the option for viewing DVD's that they have free in the lobby - a great idea.
Pizzeria Victoria nearby is recommended.

Room Tip: Choose the Penthouse
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
maria e, Owner at Residence Montefiore, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2015

It is always a pleasure having lovely remarkable family as guests . we do appreciate your time for the comments that will surely help us be more attentive to every important details one gets to skip when it gets really busy .
Parking is always an issue during high season but fortunately this area of tuscany is so safe that parking by the roadside iis ok.
warm regards from zofia who gets inspired having appreciative guests like you .
Thank you for choosing RESIDENCE MONTEFIORE!

Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner who was nice enough but asked for 'i documenti' straight away. Then I was asked for full payment before seeing the actual apartment!!
When we were taken up to the apartment there were two useless ceiling fans and a small floor fan, with a broken base. The place was like a sauna, even with all the shutters closed. There was an air-con unit on the wall but no matter what I did, I couldn't change it. I went downstairs to the owner and asked her how I could lower the temperature. She told me that it was 'automatic' and was only adjustable for heating!!
I asked for an extra fan since we were there for 9 days. This arrived after 2 further requests...on day 7!!
There was an outside light on the small terrace which didn't work. It was impossible to sit out at night as it was pitch black. I asked for this to be fixed, which never happened.
Although the apartment was clean, nothing was done to help with the comfort. It was almost impossible to get to sleep at night with the heat.
Location was nice and convenient in the centre of the mountain-top village of San Baronto. If you have never been there, there is a 5+ km climb up a very windy mountain road to get to the top. By the end of the holiday, I felt I was ready to tackle the Monte Carlo rally!
It was such a pity that the apartment did not live up to expectation...nor description! It was so unpleasant staying in the place.
From San Baronto, Florence is about 40 minutes, Pisa one hour and Siena 90 minutes.
Go to Tuscany, it is so beautiful but avoid Residence Mintefiore!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
maria e, Owner at Residence Montefiore, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

hello John
Its a pity you chose the hottest time Italy ever had .as a matter of fact it was a national issue because no one expected that kind of heat and if I may say FIRST TIME ever. I absolutely agree SAUNA is the word that would best fit to describe such a phenomenon.

Your apartment did not have airconditioning the thermo control on the wall is for heating and hot water mistaken for cooling system. You have mistaken the resident in charge as the owner although very accommodating she does not speak English.

The high demand for electric fans in a super hot time is to be expected she gave whatever is available. Believe it or not electric fans were sold out in all shops.

Considering it was our busiest period the light bulb must have been overlooked.

About the documents its a requirement in Italy.

For the payment its a system we have applied ever since simply because it saves us time for
check outs but its not a MUST!

I wish I had a magic wand that could have cooled off the weather and made your stay wonderful...but really its beyond us.

I

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We stayed at Residence Montefiore for a couple of days during our tour of Europe. This was by far the best apartment we stayed in during our tour. We stayed in the Penthouse / Attica and the rooms were comfortable and had everything our party of 5 could require. The views over the valley were stunning, and we were able to sit on our balcony watching the world go by. Local bars and shops were good, just watch out for the cyclists there seemed to be quite a lot when we were there.

Room Tip: If you can stay in the penthouse, 3 balconies and superb views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Creolewalker
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We had the best stay at Residence Montefiore this July. The service was great, rooms were amazing (room 302) an had a massive private terrace overlooking the tuscany hills. We only have positive things to say about this place and the staff and Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Room 302 if you are a only 2 people
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pernille G
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed there for a couple of nights with my family after a busy week in Rome and experienced a warm welcome, relaxing stay and comfort. Everything clean and fresh. The pool just wow, and what a view from it! Sophia, who runs the place is an angel.

Room Tip: Some rooms have views on the valley. Others don't but their terraces lead straight to the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family